JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sig is notorious for killing a model and no magazines are made for it. I would buy magazines first while they are still around. I learned this helping a friend find magazines for a Sig 225 and a 239.

Really a question only you can answer as everyone's needs/preferences are different. Lots of those guns out there so not like you won't be able to find one if desired. Its unlikely to break. If it does break (it won't) you could get it repaired. More fun Imo to buy other guns that does something differently. For me having duplicates of the same gun is boring unless you collect that specific gun, like to make different versions of it, or if deal is so overwhelmingly good you would be foolish to not take advantage of the opportunity. There is such a wide variety of excellent guns in that price range that I would want to add a different high quality gun to the stable for the same $. Some pistol examples would be cz-75, sp-01, Jericho, Swiss army HK p30 with Lem trigger, sig p226 Leo trade in .40, arex zero, tons and tons of sig, Walther, s&w, Glock, beretta, Springfield, SAA clones, etc. The choices for fun, interesting, and reliable guns in that price range is darn near endless. That's how I think about it and may not be right for the next person.

Last Edited:
Should you buy another gun, yes. Should it be the same as another one you've already got, sure, why not? For me, I don't have all different the guns I want yet so I'm not ready to start doubling up. At this point if I break, wearout or run out of ammo for a gun I'll just grab a different gun. IMHO I don't have a gun for personal protection, all my guns could be used that way.

@Starslinger I think we met once before in Salem and we talked about the P238 as we were both carrying one lol. I love the SA trigger pull of my P238. My only complaint was they did not make a pinky rest for the 6-round mags. Maybe somebody can 3D print one. I did not buy a second P238 because of the cost of practicing with .380. I have considered to replace it with a P365 as it is easier for me to conceal than the G19.

Thanks for the replies all. I will be on the lookout for a good deal on another p238. The suggestion of the Browning 380 is a good one, I've looked at this and was tempted. Dunno if anyone makes good night sights for the Browning and good holsters, I'd have to look into that.
I love my Browning 1911 380 and so does everyone else that shoots it! I have not found any replacement sights and the sights mine came with whisks me back to the 1980's. My 1911-380 shoots very accurately for me with the original sights (the gun almost knows what I am aiming at and makes corrections accordingly) but the sights fall short of what I have gotten used to on more recent pistols. My 1911-380 is pre a black-label production. I think the black-label versions are supposed to have better sights than mine?

If you find some nice 1911-380 upgrade sights please let me know! It has been about a year since I actively looked for some. My 1911-380 is a favorite range toy but I don't carry it. I never got used to the cocked and locked SA carry. Most of my competition 1911's have such lite triggers it would scare me to carry them. If you are comfortable carrying your P238 I would guess that you would really like the 1911-380 too. It is a very slim lite weight pistol but it still fits my very long hand very nicely while also being an excellent grip for more petite shooters.

P.S. I had to check on the sights. The front sight on my 1911-380 is staked in and the rear is in a dovetail (like an original 1911). The newer Black-Labeled 1911-380's have dovetailed front and rear 3 dot sights. My sights have no dots and I would REALLY like 3 dot sights! I don't need night sights for my usage. Unfortunately my 1911-380 shoots so nicely even with the blacked out sights that I can't justify upgrading to a Black-Label version.

It does look like Browning sells a 1911-380 version with night sights from the factory: https://browninggunshop.com/browning-1911-380-black-label-pro-with-rail-and-night-sights/

Last Edited:
I used to do what the OP suggests. If I had a favorite handgun, I might buy a second one. In the largely mistaken idea that if I had two examples, I'd be in the pink if one went bad. I say largely mistaken in the recognition of the amount of use any single gun might incur while I owned it. Meaning, I wasn't firing thousands of rounds in any one firearm.

Two Colt 10mm Auto Delta Elites, two Smith & Wesson Model 29's, two Smith & Wesson Model 18's, two Ruger Marks, etc, etc. They are gone now but having two made it twice the work when I disposed of most of my handguns. I still have six or eight, but none are dupes.

There are companies that sell parts groupings on Gunbroker. These are firms that have business relationships with law enforcement agencies. To disassemble seized or forfeited firearms. What most of them are selling are from a single firearm, less the frame / receiver. OP, you might look on Gunbroker to see if any parts sets for what you have come up. Sometimes a frame comes up, but that's the one part not likely to need replacement. However, handgun frames do come along on gunbroker for one reason or another. The other day, I was looking at an H&R Model 732 minus cylinder. At the time, there were several parts "kits" available for that model at fairly low cost.

Re. advancing age. I don't know if I have 25 years left, or 25 minutes. These days, I only look upon the utility of earthly goods from one day to the next.
Second paragraph is the meat! This is exactly how i ended up with 2 complete slides and frame parts to a CZ P-07 plus 1 additional complete slide and parts to the P-09. I have found 4 of such firms on GB and am constantly looking at their auctions. GLOCKs, P226/229 are fairly common parts found in these auctions.

Ed reminds the audience : "These envelopes that you see in my hand. It's questions for Carnac the Magnificent. Especially written for tonight's show. Carnac does NOT KNOW what the questions are. The questions were written then placed inside an envelope. The envelopes were kept in a hermetically sealed jar. The jar has been under constant guard of Funk and Wagnall security since noon today. Again Carnac the Magnificent does NOT know the contents of this envelope." Ed hands Carnac the first envelope.....

Carnac.jpg

At this point.....without opening the envelope. Carnac the Magnificent declares.

"Collections"

Ed : Repeats the word of Carnac the Magnificent......

"Collections"

Carnac gives Ed a kind of disgusted look and proceeds to open the envelope. Tearing the end of the envelope. Carnac the blows into the opening with his short breath. Carnac removes the paper and reads what was printed on the paper.

"Should I buy another copy of one of my favorite pistols?"

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany