JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have been super busy at work but got to an indoor range to zero a couple new optics.
2A320753-578F-4102-8B86-06010150BCA8.jpeg EBC8F1AE-1361-4B26-8FD6-044ED72ED3A0.jpeg

The difference between bulk ammo (Remington Golden and Blazer - center) and Federal Hunter Match (upper right):

20200429_133439_001.jpg

Distance was 30 yards (the practical limit of my backyard range) and there was a decent crosswind.

I think the difference in price is worth it if you are hunting.

Rifle was a Ruger 10/22 International with a red/green dot (dot inside a circle with crosshairs outside the circle - I like it).

Position was sitting:

20200429_134444.jpg

The difference between bulk ammo (Remington Golden and Blazer - center) and Federal Hunter Match (upper right):

View attachment 690924

Distance was 30 yards (the practical limit of my backyard range) and there was a decent crosswind.

I think the difference in price is worth it if you are hunting.

Rifle was a Ruger 10/22 International with a red/green dot (dot inside a circle with crosshairs outside the circle - I like it).

Position was sitting:

View attachment 690926
I purchased some Prime 22LR and have been pretty impressed my next range trip I'll snap some pictures. I buy it for about 5-6 cents a round

Hunter Match is about 8 cents per rd, and has an expanding hollow point.

I didn't try the Game Shok yet.

I did try my other 10/22 with the Ramline barrel in the Magpul Backpacker stock, but it was having light firing pin strikes so I gave up on it until I can figure out what is wrong with it.

I forgot to say I was also testing my new (to me) Peltor electronic hearing muffs. They seemed a lot faster than my Howard Leight muffs, and I didn't notice any problems with cheek weld - I didn't even think about it. The cutout seemed to kick in much faster and at a lower level; I noticed the sound noticeable went lower when I released the bolt to go forward. I will have to work with them some more - I was wearing the Tactical Pro headset instead of the PowerCom Plus because I had no need to use the radio of the latter.

Not sure why the Tactical Pro has a jack for a boom microphone - there is no jack for an external radio, and the headset itself has no radio.

I wanted to see how shaky I was and how small I could get the group with one of my SIG 226s.

Apparently I am pretty shaky. I shot a group earlier today with iron sights at 10 yards, sitting down, but with no rest, and it was easily twice as large as the group below.

The 12 shot group (outlined in blue) in the pic below was shot using a laser to tell me when I was aiming at the center diamond. I shot this standing up at 10 yards - as slow as necessary to get the group. I am very shaky - I need to practice. I think the gun is quite capable of grouping better than that. This was with Blazer .40 FMJ. Also, the laser was obviously pointing about 3 inches to the right of where the gun was hitting - I need to adjust it.

The other holes were from shooting earlier this afternoon.

laser group.png

Weird picture I captured a few years ago shooting my S/W 4506. I set the camera on timer, on top of this Subaru wagon I used to own, and RAN to the spot for the shot. I just started popping rounds and then the flash went off. If you look closely, you can actually see the brass being ejected. Picture taken in a National Forest area SE of Greenwater, WA. The sticks on the ground were to show me where I was supposed to run to for the picture to be centered. I was camping alone.

targetpractice.jpg

Weird picture I captured a few years ago shooting my S/W 4506. I set the camera on timer, on top of this Subaru wagon I used to own, and RAN to the spot for the shot. I just started popping rounds and then the flash went off. If you look closely, you can actually see the brass being ejected. Picture taken in a National Forest area SE of Greenwater, WA. The sticks on the ground were to show me where I was supposed to run to for the picture to be centered. I was camping alone.

View attachment 691137

:D

Third week in a row I was able to break self quarantine to get out for some recreation while still maintaining social distancing. The N. Wolf Creek Shooting Lanes, assuming you get there early enough, serves this purpose perfectly. Yesterday's 'May Day' recreation was no exception.

641827-300449c2e3c6d325149eb015cc8314f8.jpg .

641826-cb5af84c9c9aa778e3af2eb6b2d15713.jpg

05-01-20-5.JPG 05-01-20-8.JPG

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews