JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's one girl I wouldn't mess with. She's a ginger with a gun and she knows how to use it.

Full disclosure: both my kids have red hair and can shoot as well.
LOL, man this one was a HANDFUL when she hit the teen years. Damn I'm glad that's over. ;)Moved a few hours away many years ago so don't get to see her as much as we would like. I told her Husband many years ago when they were going to get married; you're grabbing a tiger by the tail. Hang on and it will be a hell of a time. They are doing great which we of course love to see. :)

A day at Threat Dynamics. I really enjoyed the shoot. Yes, It's only 22 yards to the wall, but even still I managed to put 30 rounds of PMC Bronze into a pretty small hole.

IMG_2363.JPG

Tri County range report today: After two shots to warm up the barrel and can the group settled with a POI shift of 5" at 100 yards. Ammo was BVAC 55gr FMJ, not match. Rifle was my A2 build with 20" Ballistic Advantage government profile modern series, iron sights. SilencerCo Harvester 30 suppressor. Group was 1/2". Not bad for bulk ammo and iron sights. Verified by @pdxcat

View attachment 332379 View attachment 332380
Looks like you shoot the floor in your second pic lol :p

Going through some older pictures from Colorado I found one of my partner at one of the semi annual Machine gun shoots at Dragon Mans (she's the one seated on the M37). IIRC it was like 30$ for a belt of 100 and you got a free mag through a subgun for each belt. We took a neighbor and his kid that day (the kid had never shot a gun before so we wanted his first time to be something to brag about) as well and spent wayy more money than we should have.
Mulia1919.jpg
I wish I could find the videos from that day of myself on the dual m37 or the 37mm Anti Tank gun but it seems those are lost to history. Oh well it was a great day that I'll never forget (If only shooting stuff like that could be so commonplace as to be forgettable. Maybe in heaven though)

After somewhere around 10 hours of cleaning and restoration work, I finally got a chance to test out my first muzzleloader. Works like a champ using a .440 patched round ball over 50 grains of pyrodex.

After the cloud of smoke dissipated, I saw that I had nailed the 100yd silhouette I was aiming for, so I think it's safe to assume it's still reasonably accurate as well!

vlcsnap-2017-02-27-09h06m55s995.png vlcsnap-2017-02-27-09h07m17s474.png

After somewhere around 10 hours of cleaning and restoration work, I finally got a chance to test out my first muzzleloader. Works like a champ using a .440 patched round ball over 50 grains of pyrodex.

After the cloud of smoke dissipated, I saw that I had nailed the 100yd silhouette I was aiming for, so I think it's safe to assume it's still reasonably accurate as well!

View attachment 345792 View attachment 345793

So you going to show up at the BP shoot this month (March)?

I hope so. I'm on call that weekend, so as long as I've got someone to cover for me for a few hours, I'll be there.

Is there a cost involved to compete? I know some of the matches at the club charge a small fee up front, but not sure about the BP match.

$2 per relay. How many relays you shoot is up to you. There's usually 5 rifle relays, two at 25 yds offhand, one 50 yds offhand, one 50yd cross sticks (club supplied) and one 100yd offhand.

$2 per relay. How many relays you shoot is up to you. There's usually 5 rifle relays, two at 25 yds offhand, one 50 yds offhand, one 50yd cross sticks (club supplied) and one 100yd offhand.
Excellent. I'm going to try to make it out to the range this weekend to put some rounds on paper and see how this thing does with various powder charges. Didn't feel like walking out in the rain/snow to set one up yesterday, so I was just taking shots at the 100yd silhouettes :D

Took the Aug out. Turned out to be more accurate than my AR. Rung steel endlessly and didn't even care about the sand that got in the action. One of the mags may or may not have been ran over with the truck before the trip.

image.jpeg

I decide to sight in 3 project rifles today.
From left to right

Ruger 77/22 all weather
Volquartsen barrel and trigger
Vbz laminated stock and brownwells magazine well parts

Ruger 10/22 with the ruger 77/22 barrel from my all weather 77.
I call it my 77/10/22
Barrel conversion parts made by me
Stock trigger

Tactical solutions xring 10/22 bolt and receiver
Ksa barrel
Bx trigger

So which one is more accurate....
Shots fired from saw horse, me on one knee in the rain at 60 yards
5 shot groups
American eagle cheap bulk ammo
In the defense of the 77/10/22 the trigger sucks and so does the bsa scope
The 77/22 made a 5/8 inch group
The 77/10/22 made a 7/8 inch group
The tacsol 10/22 made a 3/8 inch group

20170325_131141.jpg 20170325_145957.jpg 20170325_145926.jpg 20170325_145939.jpg

From left to right

Ruger 77/22 all weather

I call it my 77/10/22
Stock trigger

Ksa barrel
Bx trigger

5 shot groups

View attachment 352188 View attachment 352189 View attachment 352190 View attachment 352191

NICE work you did on those!!

From left to right

Ruger 77/22 all weather

I call it my 77/10/22
Stock trigger

Ksa barrel
Bx trigger

5 shot groups

View attachment 352188 View attachment 352189 View attachment 352190 View attachment 352191
Great job all things considered!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads