JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I see what you're sayin', for determining accuracy's sake maybe sandbag that thing or borrow a ransom rest?
As a practical matter I can't justify to a judge why I shot somebody from 150 feet instead of seeking cover or withdrawing if possible. We qualify at 50 yards farthest distance and that's just a crazy long way away.
Each of us have reasons to carry or to shoot at ranges and mine are mostly professional training and to qualify with a good score each year.
No disagreement that at 21 feet you are not seeing the accuracy potential but that brings us back to the question, what you're practicing (or shooting) for?

I took @Wolf's post as a defensive practice target. Maybe he shot that from a snap sight picture, or a sandbag taking 30 seconds each round; we don't know. :)
Not all your shooting needs to be about killin folk
In fact I actually think people pay way too much and practice way too much for it. I doubt most will ever use any combat training. Most will ever shoot more than 1 shot to protect themselves in their lives
MOST I said.
Plus I figure if I can hit clays at 20+ yards I can hit a bad guy at 7 feet.

Too many words, not enough photos.

tsThXrs.jpg

9mm belt fed full auto fun at the ARPC machine gun shoot last May

I was working on a load for the .223 when this happened.

4 shot groups (all 7 of them).
50 yards. There was a wind that made 100 yard development not possible.

Ruger American Ranch rifle

IMG_9214.JPG

My niece demonstrating proper form and not-so-proper form:

BrandiShoots.jpg

Finally got to the range with the new (to me) Para Ordnance P14.45 First mag or two I just kind of tossed the rounds down range (7 yards) just to get a feel for her. Then I decided to slow down a bit, be more deliberate and got the grouping you see in the head area. A couple of fliers were all on me, just getting too antsy and not slowing down to think about the shot. I am pretty sure this gun will out-shoot me easily. Great gun to shoot - really feels good in the hands.

IMG_7391.JPG

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads