JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When I buy a Swiss rifle eventually, I definitely need diopter sights. I need a swede with them too!

Most Swedish m/96 rifles, as well as the cg/60 and cg/80 come with diopter sights from numerous makers. Right now there are seven in my nearest dealership - only one is without them.

Right now, only the K31 can be fitted with the Swiss Products P/S diopter sight from Grafs or Brownells, but they are not cheap, except by comparison with the Swiss Wysse version at around $650 + shipping. The Wysse version only goes up to 600m as well, but the one from the boys in Kallispel MT goes up to 1000m.

The best bet for a K31 recently seems to be Simpsons - you get to see each and every one of them in detail, and you can hand-pick the one you want. Not cheap, but then, they are NOT cheap old clunkers either. Support is great - the swissrifle.com site has some VERY knowish persons on tap.

There is just something about that straight-pull action.....I love it, but then, I've been shooting them since 1962.

tac

She is a BEAUTIFUL dog! Has that look of intelligence shining in her eyes! Think I'm in love! LOL!!!

I meant to ask, what is her weight?
She is a steady 52.4 lbs and has been her whole life. She gets raw game 2x a week (a mix of elk, deer, bison, beef, including organ, meat, ground up bone and cartilage, etc.) a beef marrow bone every day, and an open bowl kept full of Diamond Naturals Lamb. Maybe I spoil her ;). She still runs and plays like she's a puppy, she is incredibly smart and intuitive, and sensitive too. The price of being intelligent.

Got out shootin today. Notice anything ( besides the targets on trees:rolleyes: ) odd in the lane?

Had to hold up for a while as she passed through.

IMG_0522_zpslgjz7jls.jpg

Shooting the 03a3 at a group gathering last weekend. 8 steel targets, 200 yards, stiff cross breeze. Not as easy as I'd hoped it would be.

I asked my friend who took the picture if the photo made my bubblegum look big, he said no, my bubblegum made my 03a3 look small...o_O ;)

image.jpeg

Took the LWRC upper today. Reliable, but can't get a group with Federal XM855. XM193 is consistent but close to 4 MOA on average. Gonna try some match ammo, if that doesn't do well just going to replace the upper.

image.jpeg

Took the LWRC upper today. Reliable, but can't get a group with Federal XM855. XM193 is consistent but close to 4 MOA on average. Gonna try some match ammo, if that doesn't do well just going to replace the upper.

I'm sorry, but 'consistent' and '4 MOA' do not belong in the same sentence. IMO there is something seriously amiss here.

tac

Boy oh boy,I'm seeing most folks on here are good with groups at 7-10 feet:eek:
If my pistols don't shoot good to 20 yards they are gone
Start opening your horizons.
Try 20,30,40 yards and then show groups
7 yards is for the class not what YOU can really do;)

MMmmm depends on what you're practicing for MJB, with defensive pistol almost everything happens within 1 to 7 feet.

I think we should be allowed to practice within 2 feet and drawing from holster, shooting from hip, or from seated position at a table with a coffee cup in hand.

We did a drill recently at the CJTC in Burien (police academy range) using 3-D targets and, first clamping the slide on our pistols with your left hand to keep it in battery, jammed the barrel into the target abdomen hard and letting loose a round, step back 1 step while racking and put 2 rounds to the head.

Alas, most firing ranges are as un-practical as it gets.

However I do practice at ordinary ranges under the maxim, "practice small, hit small" so that means an 8" paper plate, usually back there at 15 to 25 yards or so, start at low ready, bring up the piece and as soon as the sight picture is good, squeeze off a round or two, go to low ready, check left, check right, repeat.

At The Marksman last time, I heard a shooter several stalls away ask, "who is that?" Her boyfriend said, "I don't know."

;);)
MMmmm depends on what you're practicing for MJB, with defensive pistol almost everything happens within 1 to 7 feet.

I think we should be allowed to practice within 2 feet and drawing from holster, shooting from hip, or from seated position at a table with a coffee cup in hand.

We did a drill recently at the CJTC in Burien (police academy range) using 3-D targets and, first clamping the slide on our pistols with your left hand to keep it in battery, jammed the barrel into the target abdomen hard and letting loose a round, step back 1 step while racking and put 2 rounds to the head.

Alas, most firing ranges are as un-practical as it gets.

However I do practice at ordinary ranges under the maxim, "practice small, hit small" so that means an 8" paper plate, usually back there at 15 to 25 yards or so, start at low ready, bring up the piece and as soon as the sight picture is good, squeeze off a round or two, go to low ready, check left, check right, repeat.

At The Marksman last time, I heard a shooter several stalls away ask, "who is that?" Her boyfriend said, "I don't know."
Doesn't matter,you should still see what your pistola is capable of.
Sure practice your "whatever" drills but to really see how accurate you gun is or if you are showing off groups, shot out farther.
I mean a 3-4 inch group at 7-10 feet? Really?
My SA 1911s were shooting less than that at 25yds!
At that range you can truly see what you and your gun can do.
I mean, if you can't hit MOB at 7-10 feet you need a shotgun anyway.
JMHO;)

I see what you're sayin', for determining accuracy's sake maybe sandbag that thing or borrow a ransom rest?
As a practical matter I can't justify to a judge why I shot somebody from 150 feet instead of seeking cover or withdrawing if possible. We qualify at 50 yards farthest distance and that's just a crazy long way away.
Each of us have reasons to carry or to shoot at ranges and mine are mostly professional training and to qualify with a good score each year.
No disagreement that at 21 feet you are not seeing the accuracy potential but that brings us back to the question, what you're practicing (or shooting) for?

I took @Wolf's post as a defensive practice target. Maybe he shot that from a snap sight picture, or a sandbag taking 30 seconds each round; we don't know. :)

I see what you're sayin', for determining accuracy's sake maybe sandbag that thing or borrow a ransom rest?
As a practical matter I can't justify to a judge why I shot somebody from 150 feet instead of seeking cover or withdrawing if possible. We qualify at 50 yards farthest distance and that's just a crazy long way away.
Each of us have reasons to carry or to shoot at ranges and mine are mostly professional training and to qualify with a good score each year.
No disagreement that at 21 feet you are not seeing the accuracy potential but that brings us back to the question, what you're practicing (or shooting) for?

I took @Wolf's post as a defensive practice target. Maybe he shot that from a snap sight picture, or a sandbag taking 30 seconds each round; we don't know. :)
Wolf's range does not allow rapid fire or drawing from holster. She (I) was working with a relatively new (about 200 rounds through it) pistol. It is one of my home defense/open carry guns.:oops:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top