JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The March night match was awesome and had some great stages.

80ish yard plate rack to start the trenches stage

Know your limits target had to be engaged from outside and inside the shoothouse

1000 yard 4:3.jpeg

308 PST.jpeg

Did a little shooting this weekend. Wasn't my primary purpose but since I was at our ranges, I took some guns.

Both Saturday and Sunday I did the same drill. 10 shot group at 100 yards and then 10 shots at 1000 yards. I didn't take any pics of the 100 yard groups though.

Saturday I had my 6.5 CM. Pretty good 100 yard group although my zero seemed a bit high. At 1000 I hit 2 out of 10. Not great but it was a bit breezy and I didn't ever miss by much. I guessed on both elevation and windage (didn't have my Kestrel with me) and missed on the right edge by 3-4" on my first shot. Not bad considering I was holding 8 MOA of windage.

Sunday I had my (pictured) 308 AR with a 16" barrel and 3-15 PST Gen II. 100 yard group was not great. 5-6 of them were pretty good but 4-5 fliers. Honestly, I haven't quite found the right load for this gun. I was shooting 168 gr AMAX's today. At 1000 I hit 2 out of 10. Almost identical conditions to yesterday. Same wind, same temp. The catch here was I realized I had no data on this load in this gun. No Kestrel again and no muzzle velocity to even plug in to Ballistic AE. Took a wild guess at 40 MOA of elevation and held 8 MOA of wind for the first shot. Way low but wind was good. Ended up being at 48.5 MOA and wind ranged from 5-9 MOA.

Again, I'm not thrilled that I was only 2 out of 10 both days but it was fun giving it a whirl. And for anyone that is interested, I was at 27.5 MOA of elevation with the 6.5 CM.

I took my new 97B out to the range last weekend and shot some groups a little past the 7 yard line. There were a few fliers as I got a feel for the nuances of the gun, but overall, I was super impressed. The thing's a total tack driver, never had groupings that consistent my first time shooting something, although there may or may not be a particularly embarrassing flyer hiding under that bottle cap:

PXL-20220522-223431576.jpg

Had the 10 year old out shooting her 10/22 with a scope for the first time coming off a plain red dot, and she did great. After a very quick lesson about proper sight picture (ie "Papa I got this") she was hitting bullseye's and shooting the steel in very rapid succession. The scope is a Leupold VX-R, and she was tickled pink when I turned on the red dot after 100 rounds. I wanted her to manage with just the cross hairs first.

IMG_20220701_124324626.jpg
IMG_20220701_124852873~2.jpg

It's a commercial number. That one is from Xtreme, but It is available under different brands as well. The top comes off the legs and it swivels 360, perfect for the rats.

1321659.jpg

Last Edited:
Had the 10 year old out shooting her 10/22 with a scope for the first time coming off a plain red dot, and she did great. After a very quick lesson about proper sight picture (ie "Papa I got this") she was hitting bullseye's and shooting the steel in very rapid succession. The scope is a Leupold VX-R, and she was tickled pink when I turned on the red dot after 100 rounds. I wanted her to manage with just the cross hairs first.

View attachment 1232722
View attachment 1232721
LOVE, seeing young kids being taught the joys of shooting. We need all the young people we can get to keep this alive. Congrats!!

LOVE, seeing young kids being taught the joys of shooting. We need all the young people we can get to keep this alive. Congrats!!
Roger that, with taught being the operative here. This young lady has being learning about gun safety since she was 3 and it has all stuck. Notice that she shoots with her finger on one side of the safety and her thumb is on the other side. It is absolutely automatic that the safety goes on for any reason, and off when she is on target.

IMG_20220701_124852873~4.jpg

Roger that, with taught being the operative here. This young lady has being learning about gun safety since she was 3 and it has all stuck. Notice that she shoots with her finger on one side of the safety and her thumb is on the other side. It is absolutely automatic that the safety goes on for any reason, and off when she is on target.

View attachment 1232939
"Rat Hammer" Cool!

View attachment 1232939
Have it engraved in Latin. Way cooler. "Malleus Mus"
😆

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR