JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well this is interesting, I cant say I agree with the guys proximity to his neighbors but I tell ya if it was legal Id guess many here would start building a proper bullet trap.
Some concerns of ricochet but we dont know his backstops construction, what would it take to build a proper bullet trap if say this was legal in city limits here?

And pig crap is about 10 x smellier than cow crap. 🤑
Yup. I was thinking of a farmer friend who actually went from dairy to pork. Neither was particularly fragrant.

They sold the farm and moved to eastern WA, with the pigs. Their old farm is now Oregon Heritage Farms - mostly apple orchards. Locally, up here on the mountain, one resident's father sold part of his farm to a hemp grower/processor, but left her a portion next to it, which she tried to get shut down because of the noise/etc. - I told them, "good luck, you live next to a legal ag operation - not going to get them shutdown". She tried to get everybody riled up about it, but nothing came of it - the op is within their rights.

But back to the issue, I think one of my neighbors was a bit peeved at another neighbor for quite a bit of shooting right next door (within 100 yards) one Sunday afternoon, for a couple hours, probably while she was trying to get their toddler to take a nap or something. *shrug*

Already over there too.

A 500 yard range in a 20' deep wash is way different than a 20 yard range in your residential driveway.
Thats the difference between plinking paper with small calibers and reliving the glory days

I had a plan and the plan involved my own personal range. Just so happened what i wanted was unwanted my everyone.

As a kid my Grandpa took me over to his buddies house on the hill in the older part of Boise. 70 year old guy built a gun range underneath his house before construction. About 15 yards long if im thinking right. He had a duct system and would shoot black powder down there. All under ground, I thought it was the coolest thing!

As a kid my Grandpa took me over to his buddies house on the hill in the older part of Boise. 70 year old guy built a gun range underneath his house before construction. About 15 yards long if im thinking right. He had a duct system and would shoot black powder down there. All under ground, I thought it was the coolest thing!
You can have one too! :)

If I had the $ (a lot of them), that is what I would do; have a tunnel that would be at least several hundred yards long, with ventilation, and an electronic target system.

Something I seem to remember reading about in a book, or magazine(?) - can't remember if it was fiction, or somebody like Skeeter Skelton telling about how they did something, but I recall it was about a guy who would go to a warehouse that a friend of his had control over or something like that. A huge warehouse, and he (or they) would test rifle loads at night. Several hundred yards at least. They would shoot in the warehouse because there was no wind there. Something like that.

Maybe someone will chime in and say "yeah, that was old so and so - true story"?

Maybe it was Hatcher?

If I had the $ (a lot of them), that is what I would do; have a tunnel that would be at least several hundred yards long, with ventilation, and an electronic target system.

Something I seem to remember reading about in a book, or magazine(?) - can't remember if it was fiction, or somebody like Skeeter Skelton telling about how they did something, but I recall it was about a guy who would go to a warehouse that a friend of his had control over or something like that. A huge warehouse, and he (or they) would test rifle loads at night. Several hundred yards at least. They would shoot in the warehouse because there was no wind there. Something like that.

Maybe someone will chime in and say "yeah, that was old so and so - true story"?

Maybe it was Hatcher?
That would be the famous Houston Warehouse. :)

Full auto is legal with the tax stamp.
I'm not sure if that's the case in Washington state. NFA items were no-nos until recently, and IIRC it was SBR's / SBS's made legal. Suppressors were technically legal to own, but you couldn't *use* them. I don't think WA made full auto legal.

Oregon, for the time being, still allows all NFA goodies.

Seems to me that if you don't want to hear gunfire you should live in the city..:p

Kinda like when some people bought the cute little house out in the country next to a large shop with a 30 rig fleet of chunk and log trucks and then are horrified that we worked on them non stop from 3 PM till 3 AM six days a week.
They called the Sheriff every day to complain that a shop that had been there for decades was making noise.

Seems to me that if you don't want to hear gunfire you should live in the city..:p

Kinda like when some people bought the cute little house out in the country next to a large shop with a 30 rig fleet of chunk and log trucks and then are horrified that we worked on them non stop from 3 PM till 3 AM six days a week.
They called the Sheriff every day to complain that a shop that had been there for decades was making noise.
Or logging or ag tractors/equipment during harvesting/etc.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top