JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just don't be this guy. There's no way this should be considered safe.

This guy's ^ a hump. That's just my opinion that he makes some of us look pretty inconsiderate and dumb.

When I lived in Everett, WA, we would often hear automatic gun fire.

Are they talking about "The Everett Sportsman's Club?" I had to stop reading the article because the writing was even worse than the boregonian. I can't even find the road they mentioned these crybabies living on. That means the housing projects, most likely very expensive and attracting money'd snobs, have gone in recently. And the article notes the range is only open 76 days a year? Poor writing and that is just when police train?

This guy's ^ a hump. That's just my opinion that he makes some of us look pretty inconsiderate and dumb.
I see an additional 'element' to this based on my somewhat 'critical' and 'judgmental' way I SOMETIMES look at people by their actions, personalities, lifestyles etc.

I see a guy who lives on 'Big Pine Key', probably not among the 'needy', possibly a bit arrogant, self absorbed and self righteous and his shooting 'range' is just another example (or extension) of probably the way he goes about life in general.

I have seen many like him in my life. Uncaring and inconsiderate of others, all about 'me'......

Are they talking about "The Everett Sportsman's Club?" I had to stop reading the article because the writing was even worse than the boregonian. I can't even find the road they mentioned these crybabies living on. That means the housing projects, most likely very expensive and attracting money'd snobs, have gone in recently. And the article notes the range is only open 76 days a year? Poor writing and that is just when police train?
No, not a public range, and not the ESC. It is a LE/Military only range as far as I know. I could be wrong about that.

It is right across the road from Forest Park, a couple miles from where I used to live.

I will be exercising my 2A rights later today on private land in rural Washington County. Yes, there are neighbors nearby but they are not bothered by the occasional day of shooting.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams. It's Heaven and Hell.....

I see an additional 'element' to this based on my somewhat 'critical' and 'judgmental' way I SOMETIMES look at people by their actions, personalities, lifestyles etc.

I see a guy who lives on 'Big Pine Key', probably not among the 'needy', possibly a bit arrogant, self absorbed and self righteous and his shooting 'range' is just another example (or extension) of probably the way he goes about life in general.

I have seen many like him in my life. Uncaring and inconsiderate of others, all about 'me'......
That's pretty much my definition of a "Hump". But there are several levels of hump, with the top rung being AH. Of which there are several..... :D

That's pretty much my definition of a "Hump". But there are several levels of hump, with the top rung being AH. Of which there are several.....
I have coined a term for some of these types, 'Golf cart gun owners' - many who have heard this laugh and love it !

The Henry forum (of which I got permanently banned from) was the 'impetus' for this !

And when gun control discussions come up, the golf-cart gun owners are frequently heard to say "I OWN guns, BUT..."
Yeah?
Yep - and you are describing about 80 % of the members on the Henry forum. But with a membership that is stagnant at about 3500+/- members for the last several years they aren't a big 'voice'.

Around here, if a neighbor wants to get shooting shut down, he has to go the county commissioners office, get a signature sheet for all the property owners in the area, and have more than half of them sign in support of it. If that happens, it will go for review by the county commissioner.

Unless they put in some huge sub divisions, and pack them with Californians, I don't see that happening, nor do I see the CC approving it.

That said, even though I hear shooting on a regular basis by my neighbors, I try and be respectful and reasonable when I do shoot on my property.

Not in WA state.

The full auto fire we would hear was LE and military practicing at a range in the middle of the city. It was quite unique.
There are 1800 full auto machines guns that are legal in WA, they were grandfathered in when WA passed the bill banning them for civilian ownership (around 1986 as I recall). Also legal for 07/02 manufacturers to own or manufacture. We have several dozen from a P90 to 240B.

Here's my approach, I'm the new neighbor. Moved onto our property in October, its rural and is 5 acres or more, lots more. I introduced myself to my neighbors, let them know what I do. I built a range the past few weeks, pistol bay and target stations from 50 to 200 yards. I know the deputies up here and call in before I do anything unusual (full auto, or really big bore, 20mm). Mostly I shoot suppressed 22, some suppressed 17hmr, and precharged pneumatic air rifles in 25 and 30 calibers, those don't bother anyone much...the hit on the steel target is louder than the shots. Everything I can shoot suppressed, is. Even the M107 is suppressed and subsonic 800 grain loads are pretty quiet until the freight train wreck sound when it lands on that steel. Our indoor pistol bay is underground, so its a non issue, but we have offered to train our neighbors there and let them practice too.

I let my neighbors know when I'm doing anything different.
I inform the sheriffs office to share my shooting time with the deputy working our area (if full auto or big big stuff)
I only shoot for a specified period of time, and keep it faily short.
I invite them to shoot with me, to try something new and fun. Teachable moment and maybe rescue a voter on the 2A issues.

Biggest thing, I showed them my commitment to shooting safely. Once they knew me, knew my profession, and understood I'd be respectful we had no issues at all. Most of them send emails later trying to figure out what we were shooting. Most are now customers of the shop as well.

Being courteous goes a LONG ways with most people. Be a good neighbor and you'd be amazed what people will put up with.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg

I did some impromptu shooting today (on my property) - about 30 round thru a PS90 to get a new sighting system (ring sight) on the paper.

I will need to work with it some more with a better rest (I was standing) and target.

The PS90, at least the generation I was working with today (USG I believe), has an quite different way of adjusting windage, and the ring sight uses the same system for elevation; you loosen the set screw (countersunk allen head) and then use a special pin wrench to move the nut that the allen head screws into, tightening the latter down each time, realigning the whole sight - left/right, up/down. No clicks/etc.

The stock sight (which I replaced) is similar for windage, but has a more conventional front post sight that moves up and down on its own but with a special pin tool. The stock sight is built into a pic rail, being underneath it - a small peep hole drilled in the back of the rail and the post up front. I am thinking of drilling out the peep to make it larger for better acquisition, but for this particular PS90 I am going with the ring sight.

If I can find another ring sight I will probably replace the same system on another PS90 I have, and then there is the third PS90 with a tri rail (3 pic rails - one on top, two smaller ones on the side) which I don't think there is any way to replace it without getting a different upper, or doing some custom machine work on.

There are 1800 full auto machines guns that are legal in WA, they were grandfathered in when WA passed the bill banning them for civilian ownership (around 1986 as I recall). Also legal for 07/02 manufacturers to own or manufacture. We have several dozen from a P90 to 240B.
Thanks I had no idea there were still some around here in private hands! I was out of state when they did away with them and had not paid much attention. So when I decided to move back up here just sold off what I had. Do miss them. If I ever win the lotto I will move to where I can play with them again :D

Here's my approach, I'm the new neighbor. Moved onto our property in October, its rural and is 5 acres or more, lots more. I introduced myself to my neighbors, let them know what I do. I built a range the past few weeks, pistol bay and target stations from 50 to 200 yards. I know the deputies up here and call in before I do anything unusual (full auto, or really big bore, 20mm). Mostly I shoot suppressed 22, some suppressed 17hmr, and precharged pneumatic air rifles in 25 and 30 calibers, those don't bother anyone much...the hit on the steel target is louder than the shots. Everything I can shoot suppressed, is. Even the M107 is suppressed and subsonic 800 grain loads are pretty quiet until the freight train wreck sound when it lands on that steel. Our indoor pistol bay is underground, so its a non issue, but we have offered to train our neighbors there and let them practice too.

I let my neighbors know when I'm doing anything different.
I inform the sheriffs office to share my shooting time with the deputy working our area (if full auto or big big stuff)
I only shoot for a specified period of time, and keep it faily short.
I invite them to shoot with me, to try something new and fun. Teachable moment and maybe rescue a voter on the 2A issues.

Biggest thing, I showed them my commitment to shooting safely. Once they knew me, knew my profession, and understood I'd be respectful we had no issues at all. Most of them send emails later trying to figure out what we were shooting. Most are now customers of the shop as well.

Being courteous goes a LONG ways with most people. Be a good neighbor and you'd be amazed what people will put up with.

View attachment 899461 View attachment 899462 View attachment 899463 View attachment 899464 View attachment 899465 View attachment 899466
We need a LOT more gun people like you! I keep meaning to get down there and see your place. I'm sure I will be like a kid in a candy store walking around drooling :D

The guy in the video talked about doing things safely, and how he spent over $600 on his tiny little back stop - but put zero effort into containing ricochets from leaving his property. I don't think you need a statutory minimal lot size, but I also don't think you should be popping rounds off in a residential area in the open. Your range should be sufficient to contain the rounds fired. If the guy wants to build a reinforced range in his garage - with appropriately strong walls / ceiling - go for it, but no way would I get behind what he's doing.
So, what type of bullet regularly ricochets off wood. Besides a steel BB. Don't you think he built the backstop to contain the bullets? Maybe he's not an idiot that shoots the walls or ceiling that you find on some ranges.

So, what type of bullet regularly ricochets off wood. Besides a steel BB. Don't you think he built the backstop to contain the bullets? Maybe he's not an idiot that shoots the walls or ceiling that you find on some ranges.
The way it looks like he made it I can't see anything bouncing off the front at least. Since he did not go into whats behind the first layer of boards who knows. What would scare hell out of me if I lived there was trusting him and the people he lets shoot there. What you mention about ranges is exactly why. I would be promptly moving if someone set up next to me like that. He may be 100% safe but, he is telling all that if they live there they can do the same thing. Someone will start and send a round into a home and here comes new laws. This would be one of the VERY few times I would support them changing a gun law.

I have a farm & a shooting range, I thought I had an issue as everytime I shot a prius wih IL plates would drive by. One day I stepped in front of him. he stopped & asked who's shooting. I said that was me expecting a problem but he said I've been trying you as I'm a shooter too so he parked & shot. We only have 2 houses near & can only see 1. We shoot rimfire for practice for ELR W/338LM. We can hit golf balls at 300 yards with 22s but normally 50,000 tds per year. Everone for 1+ miles shoots.

When I lived in Everett, WA, we would often hear automatic gun fire.

A case of buyer beware, an 8 month resident complaining about a police training range that's been there for more than 70 years... It never seems to change... Don't like the noise of the police range, move...

:s0054:
I have zero sympathy for these nitwits. They were warned that there was an active shooting range nearby and yet they chose to move in and now they cry and moan. In San Jose, development started out by the county range and the Karens were aware of it when they moved in but needless to say, they stated bubbleguming about the noise. One went so far as to claim she found bullets "from the range" on her lawn. When the police came out to investigate, she gave them complete cartridges. :s0141:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top