JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Went out shooting this morning for the first time since my thumb surgery back in November. Wasn't too bad, still a little tender in the palm, but overall it went well.

Took out the M1A and managed some half-decent shots at 100 yards with iron sights. What made the shots better is that I did them without my prescription glasses - they were fogging up, so I shot with my regular safety glasses. I couldn't get a sharp look at the front sight, but still managed to land some decent groups. I think the sights could use just a little adjustment, but I had limited time to shoot, so I'll do that on the next outing.

Now, for the bonehead move. I got a new Vortex scope to put on top of my .308 AR. I laser bore-sighted it at home before going out to shoot. I was coming in low and right, so I started making some adjustments, but the shots weren't moving where they should. After about 5 shots, it hit me, I had installed the scope rotated 90 degrees to the left. So my adjustments were going the wrong direction. Never done that before, but once I noticed it, I felt like a total dip o_O:( Oh well, easy enough fix, but damn son, get a clue :rolleyes:

Took some shots with the RIA .22TCM too - man, if you haven't shot .22TCM, you're missing out - big noise and big muzzle blast - very impressive for such a small cartidge.

Anyway it was just good to get back out and shoot again, even with the moronic scope issue.

100yd shots, open sights (no prescription glasses), M1A:

First 5 shots, a little wide:

500C630E-4293-44FA-95B4-F4CBE1EC7F77.jpeg

Second group, 4 shots, tighter:

3B20AD51-E95B-4868-B140-27F50EB6152B.jpeg

Last Edited:
I've done it too! Actually just a couple of months ago when I borrowed a scope from Skrueger to test on my RPR. Was in a hurry in his shop and yup, 90 degrees crooked! :D

I once knew a guy , who after being all kinds of proud 'bout the front and rear sights he made for a muzzleloader...installed them facing backwards....I think his name was Andy and he hangs his hat in Everson...:eek::D
Andy

I love hearing people do bone headed stunts like this. I've never done that, but I've done other kinds of bone headed stunts.
It's nice to know I'm not the only one.:D

I heard of a guy that once mounted a cheap red dot backwards, and changed the battery 3 times to try to make the dot brighter before realizing his folly.

If that's the worst you've ever done, your in pretty good shape! I cant say what my bone head was, but the statute of limitations hasn't run out yet, so for know, I know Nothink, I see Nothink, I didn't even get up this mornink!

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews