JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My Nephew set down a loaded Glock .40 S&W mag on the shooting bench while I had my suppressed HK Tactical 45 mags laid out.
The Glock mag did fit and try as I might the .40 S&W mag wouldn't latch all the way flush and wouldn't strip off a round and chamber.
I fussed with it a couple of times and finally figured it out. I don't know what a .40 S&W round would do after it left the barrel and entered the 45 Osprey suppressor.

Most Excellent! I'm trying to figure out how to bring some more fun tools up, but in an uncoverd pickup bed, and no real secure means, I may have to wait till we get a place up here and do the big move!;)

i went shooting today too... off of my buddies front porch... it was raining, i wanted cover.lol. i needed to test some 9mm reloads for subsonic-ness.

theyre subsonic.

My first visit to the 1838 Rendezvous...was after my buddy Dave told everyone he could meet there , about "How good a shot his friend Andy is".
So there I was ...at my first shoot there...
New guy , new range , lots of questions while I was loading...
As many of you know I own a muzzleloader or two....
Powder , patch , round ball...only the round ball , went down way to easy...
Turns out I loaded a .50 caliber ball in my .54 hawken...well shucks...So much for being a "expert" at muzzleoading...:eek::rolleyes::D
The shoot was one shot with a "cold" barrel at a bear target ...range 75 yards....
I asked the range master if I could discharge my rifle and re load with a proper size ball...Yes he says...
What are you going to shoot at , he asks...
Might as well be the bear...says I...
Boom goes my rifle and I hit that bear right smack dead center in the "kill zone" of the target...
This was around 9.00 am...by dinner time...like the kids game of "telephone"...I had apparently loaded a .32 round ball in my .54 and hit a target 100 + yards away....
Man did I have a lot to live up to on that trip....:D
Andy

My first visit to the 1838 Rendezvous...was after my buddy Dave told everyone he could meet about "How good a shot his friend Andy is".
So there I was ...at my first shoot there...
New guy , new range , lots of questions while I was loading...
As many of you know I own a muzzleloader or two....
Powder , patch round ball...only the round ball , went down way to easy...
Turns out I loaded a .50 caliber ball in my .54 hawken...well shucks...So much for being a "expert" at muzzleoading...:eek::rolleyes::D
The shoot was one shot with a "cold" barrel at a bear target ...range 75 yards....
I asked the range master if I could discharge my rifle and re load with a proper size ball...Yes he says...
What are you going to shoot at , he asks...
Might as well be the bear...says I...
Boom goes my rifle and I hit that bear right smack dead center in the "kill zone" of the target...
This was around 9.00 am...by dinner time...like the kids game of "telephone"...I had apparently loaded a .32 round ball in my .54 and hit a target 100 + yards away....
Man did I have a lot to live up to on that trip....:D
Andy

I "May" have done something like that a time or two! LOL
Worse one I did was patch and ball, No powder! the Cap didn't even move the ball, thank gawd for grub screws and a good metal ram rod! Note to self, Don't do that again! Saw a guy toss out a perfectly good "used" ball after he did the screw and rod thing, I didn't even bat an eye as I picked it up and tossed it in my pocket for later! Guy had a funny look on his face later on that evening when I pulled it out and tossed it in my melt pot! Duh, Bra, it's lead, you can re cast it! Never even crossed his mind!

Yup, and the look on someone's face when they do it is darn near priceless! I even watched some guy flinch and recoil with the musket, and it didn't even make a pop! You could have heard a fly fart in that deadly silence, He was a BIG feller!:D

How does that .22TCM shoot?

Very nicely. Smooth, low recoil, but a darn impressive fireball! And the gun sounds like something much larger.

This is pretty much what it looks like - same model of gun that's in the photo below:

rock11-630x275.jpg

Last Edited:
Now, for the bonehead move. I got a new Vortex scope to put on top of my .308 AR. I laser bore-sighted it at home before going out to shoot. I was coming in low and right, so I started making some adjustments, but the shots weren't moving where they should. After about 5 shots, it hit me, I had installed the scope rotated 90 degrees to the left. So my adjustments were going the wrong direction. Never done that before, but once I noticed it, I felt like a total dip o_O:( Oh well, easy enough fix, but damn son, get a clue :rolleyes:
Been there, done that. At a friends property sighting in a new scope on my model 60. Took me 50 rounds or so before he figured it out. I had to drive home to fix it. I thought that there was something wrong with the scope - Redfield TAC22. When my friend pointed t out, I was truly embarrassed and felt very stupid. I had just mounted 2 other scopes with parallax knobs - hard to screw those up.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top