JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We Lefties sometimes do flip the scopes one half complete turn kinda so the adjustment dial gadgets work better for us. But it does cause some confusion. Also gives us a secret left handed weapon as the righties can NOT quickly use the gun or scope. He he he.

Also understand using a laser bore sighter to align a precision scope sometimes does not work so well. For some unknown or other reason the bullets flying down range impact the paper in locations not quite anticipated by the shooter. Mystery of the universe.

Edited: I did say one half turn. On some scope only a quarter turn. Still a secret weapon. :)

Last Edited:
We Lefties sometimes do flip the scopes one half complete turn kinda so the adjustment dial gadgets work better for us. But it does cause some confusion. Also gives us a secret left handed weapon as the righties can NOT quickly use the gun or scope. He he he.

Also understand using a laser bore sighter to align a precision scope sometimes does not work so well. For some unknown or other reason the bullets flying down range impact the paper in locations not quite anticipated by the shooter. Mystery of the universe.

I started thinking through how to adjust it as was, but it made my brain hurt (not hard to do), so I stopped with that one for they day ;)

I don't see the problem - that's how I always shoot my Hi Point :rolleyes:
Does it look like this?
29AFCA56-F4B4-4241-832A-C299A1EF8211-7100-00000ADF517C279E_tmp.jpg

Had a friend flip the scope like that. Took a few shots to figure it out. Everybody does crap
like that. Tip for your M1A iron sight. I have a couple Miso sights for M1A/M1. Lens
kit for NM hooded sight. Not a magnification lens. Front sight sharp and clear with target
not blurry. High Power service rifle legal.:D:D:D:D
MISO M1A LENS KIT

Had a friend flip the scope like that. Took a few shots to figure it out. Everybody does crap
like that. Tip for your M1A iron sight. I have a couple Miso sights for M1A/M1. Lens
kit for NM hooded sight. Not a magnification lens. Front sight sharp and clear with target
not blurry. High Power service rifle legal.:D:D:D:D
MISO M1A LENS KIT

I'll check that out, thanks!

Took a friends dad out to the woods with his new AR.

At the get go he was 6' low at 120 yards.

After a mag and no change I taught him two things I discovered while helping out (still mostly an AR noob). There was a near and far ring sight and the front post needed to be adjusted, which we did with a leatherman and a screwdriver. Took me 3-4 shots to have him hitting a 6" plate lol.

I remember one my brother in law did.
I knew he had gone to sight in his Savage 99 and asked how it went. He told me it hadn't gone well because his scope wouldn't adjust. He would turn the knobs and nothing would change. I asked him to bring me his gun.

He had the scope on backwards.:(

Neighbor Bob comes over with a gun problem (as he and others do because somehowornuther I'm the"gun guy"). His 17hmr bolt won't open. Says he's been messing with it for a couple days, and it worked fine earlier in the week.

I lift the bolt, start it to the rear to a dead stop after only about 3/4" of travel. Close it, try again, this time noticing the "stop" seems rather somewhat cushioned.

Third time, I watch that little bugger bolt like a hawk, and do not fail to notice the stem of the bolt handle is colliding with his bikini cover on the scope. I remove the bikini cover, and she's slick as a whistle!

"No charge for this service, Bob. Drive safely." Thus cementing my "Gun Guy" reputation.

Time to confess. I've done some bone-headed things with firearms but what I'm about to describe is far and away the worse. I went to Douglas Ridge with a very good friend ( a member on here for some time ), so there is a witness to this stupidity. I had a neat old Model 88 in .308 and a CZ 550 in .270 with me. We got on adjacent lanes and began shooting. I went with the .308 first. Did what I needed to do and switched to the .270. That CZ had always made me look look a crack shot, especially with that trigger. Any way I loaded up and fired. The round kicked up dust about 20' or so in front of the target. More than strange. And then when I tried to work the bolt to extract the brass, it just wouldn't go. Mauser action, very positive extraction normally. And that's when I discovered I had chambered a .308 round and cranked it off. Had someone told this story to me I likely would have called BS, but it happened. Later at home I took a cleaning rod and the .308 brass came out easily. I took the rifle to my gunsmith to have it mag-na-fluxed or whatever they do to check metal integrity. Joe the gunsmith fired off a few rounds and gave it the "all clear". It made me a CZ believer. Next time at the range it was spot on with no scope adjustments required. At the range now I always remove all ammo before switching guns and I look carefully at the head stamp prior to loading the round. I was very lucky.

@etrain I have been a witness to something like this! I am pretty sure that @Ura-Ki had his scope mount or something messed up once a upon a time while at the range. :D

Guilty! LOL:D
That's what happens when you switch a scope from a true Mil Spec rail to a commercial rail! Fixed it right quick and went back to being a one ragged hole shooter!:p
Made you guys all go Hua,,,,,,,,all the turns on the turrets, 1/8 MOA adjustments take a while! LOL

Guilty! LOL:D
That's what happens when you switch a scope from a true Mil Spec rail to a commercial rail! Fixed it right quick and went back to being a one ragged hole shooter!:p
Made you guys all go Hua,,,,,,,,all the turns on the turrets, 1/8 MOA adjustments take a while! LOL

You burst my bubble that day! Here I thought you are a ace shot!! :p:D

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads