JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
@Local Loader Would an RCBS stuck case tool have worked to extract the case from the die?

I hate using it, but it works. Getting a case stuck SUCKS!!!
Seems there's a new cases removal tool available now. https://fb.watch/pbsHvESGf9/ Video from Brownells.

No picture of that but I do have pictures of over billed 44mag cases that were in with 44spl brass.
That is why I have been going a different route on my brass.
380 cases nickel
9mm cases brass

38sp cases brass
357 cases nickel

40cal cases brass
10mm cases nickel

Switching
44spl cases brass
44mag cases nickel.

I tumble the 38spl and 357mag cases together as well as 40cal and 10mm
And 44spl and 44mag.

When I seperate them all the brass cases are one caliber and all of the nickel cases are another caliber.
No mix ups any more.

I do keep all of my reloading mistakes just to show myself I do make mistakes.

I grabbed a 400 count bag of LC brass out of my processed brass cabinet yesterday, I proceeded to get to priming. The first couple primed flawlessly with the RCBS APS, the third crunched a primer, WTH, the next four primed flawless, the next one crunch yet another primer. WTH!!!!!

My priming session comes to a complete halt as I prepare to inspect the WTH's that I've encountered and I'm very disconcerted at this point.
Obviously the first thing I looked at are the primer pockets, HMMMMM, it appears that some have been swaged and some not. I turned them over and looked at the case mouths HMMMMM, it appears they have not been trimmed either. So I pull out my trusty case gauge and it appears that they have been resized, I checked many of them just to make sure.

So I checked some in the other bags in the processed cabinet, they are marked 500+ and have definitely been fully processed. The only thing I can figure is this small amount got tossed in to one of the bags that was marked fully processed. FML!!!

So obviously the next step I have elected to take on is to swage every one of these and then trim them. I am set up with the Dillon super swage 600 that slips onto my in-line fabrication quick change mount and only takes about 20 minutes to do 400 cases.
Trimming takes about the same time with the Girard Triway trimmer that I have chucked in my benchtop drill.

Note to self: Don't get in a hurry. I'm retired but I still need to be productive to stay relevant in my mind.

Now before any of you yahoos start giving me lip about wasting 4 primers, I blame it on a simple isolated brain fart. That's my story and I'm sticking to it so Neener Neener Neener. :s0109:

133FE713-277D-45CC-8F1C-6EA239956D69.jpeg 238DED90-C9F0-4898-98B3-1D62E6C7C42C.jpeg

Last Edited:
I grabbed a 400 count bag of LC brass out of my processed brass cabinet yesterday, I proceeded to get to priming. The first couple primed flawlessly with the RCBS APS, the third crunched a primer, WTH, the next four primed flawless, the next one crunch yet another primer. WTH!!!!!

My priming session comes to a complete halt as I prepare to inspect the WTH's that I've encountered and I'm very disconcerted at this point.
Obviously the first thing I looked at are they primer pockets, HMMMMM, it appears that some have been swaged and some not. I turned them over and looked at the case mouths HMMMMM, it appears they have not been trimmed either. So I pull out my trusty case gauge and it appears that they have been resized, I checked many of them just to make sure.

So I checked some in the other bags in the processed cabinet, they are marked 500+ and have definitely been fully processed. The only thing I can figure is this small amount got tossed in to one of the bags that was marked fully processed. FML!!!

so obviously the next step I am I have elected to take on is to swage every one of these and then trim them. I am set up with the Dylan super swage 600 that slips onto my in-line fabric Quetion fabrication quick change mount and only takes about 20 minutes to do 400 cases.
Trimming takes about the same time with the Girard Triway trimmer that I have chucked in my benchtop drill.

Note to self: Don't get in a hurry. I'm retired but I still need to be productive to stay relevant in my mind.

Now before any of you yahoos start giving me lip about wasting 4 primers, I blame it on a simple isolated brain fart. That's my story and I'm sticking to it so Neener Neener Neener. :s0109:

View attachment 1802321 View attachment 1802322
OUCH! And THAT is precisely the reason I started primer pocket swaging every .223-5.56 brass! started priming and a couple went fine, then crunch. But I never pushed it when they didn't go in easy. Though I did have one that went in part way. And then wouldn't come out of the shell holder. RCBS hand primer.

OUCH! And THAT is precisely the reason I started primer pocket swaging every .223-5.56 brass! started priming and a couple went fine, then crunch. But I never pushed it when they didn't go in easy. Though I did have one that went in part way. And then wouldn't come out of the shell holder. RCBS hand primer.
Yeah these just got mixed into the done stuff normally I will resize, swage, clean off the lanolin, polish then trim. Done.

Obviously the first thing I looked at are they primer pockets, HMMMMM, it appears that some have been swaged and some not. I turned them over and looked at the case mouths HMMMMM, it appears they have not been trimmed either. So I pull out my trusty case gauge and it appears that they have been resized, I checked many of them just to make sure.

so obviously the next step I am I have elected to take on is to swage every one of these and then trim them. I am set up with the Dylan super swage 600 that slips onto my in-line fabric Quetion fabrication quick change mount and only takes about 20 minutes to do 400 cases.

View attachment 1802321 View attachment 1802322
Don't feel too bad, Jim. I just dumped a bunch of Ramshot TAC into my Uniflow powder measure - right on top of a little bit of Power Pistol! 🤬

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top