JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No, Sir. I am not.
I'm my own boss and only employee. Yesterday and today are rare, relaxing days. Too bad it's below 20 in the shop today.
Well then just hearing that, you are hear-by excused. ;)
My shop has been in the 20's since Thursday and for once in my life, I've been a lazy bum. Can't handle the cold much any more unless it means $$$.

I have been keeping an eye on the red plastic guide on the RCBS APS, it's seen it's better days and thought this was the culprit.

THIS is how the LC processed brass should look!

C74C7B86-EE8E-42F8-8210-9F714C085F6E.jpeg FAF3FDF8-5BFA-4002-8466-00E64EFD43D9.jpeg

I finished up a Camaro at work today and to do much of anything else, I'd need to move it outside. That ain't gonna happen with this weather!
The good news is, I took the rest of the day off and because of having the dead spruce in the backyard taken down last Thursday, my shop will be having sunshine come in thru the windows within the next 1/2 hour, or so.
Think I'll get that bench cleared and the 550 mounted this afternoon.

This is the customer's Camaro. It's an ok car.;)

output_image1705346514963.jpg

Last Edited:
I finished up a Camaro at work today and to do much of anything else, I'd need to move it outside. That ain't gonna happen with this weather!
The good news is, I took the rest of the day off and because of having the dead spruce in the backyard taken down last Thursday, my shop will be having sunshine come in thru the windows within the next 1/2 hour, or so.
Think I'll get that bench cleared and the 550 mounted this afternoon.

This is the customer's Camaro. It's an ok car.;)

View attachment 1802874
Suh-Weet! Rag Top even??

Too bad it's below 20 in the shop today.
It sucks being shut out of a shop or garage because it's too cold.

About 4 years ago - after 20 years of no insulation in my separate garage (it's a pretty good sized space) - I emptied it out during July, bought the insulation, truss channels and OSB board and spent about a week insulating the thing myself.

Before that, during cold snaps like this week, even with a couple of space heaters, it was 20 to 25 degrees and not habitable - so I didn't get a lot of reloading done during the winter.

Since then, I can keep the area at 60 degrees normally - or at least 50 degrees during cold snaps like this - running the space heaters (oil filled, radiator type) 6 or 7 hours a day.

To that end, I've been able to do more reloading tasks in the winter.

Like this week - I wet-tumbled and prepped about 1200 40 S&W cases, and will start loading around 1000 380 ACP cases today.

Cheers.

I need to finish the installation of the furnace. The ducting just needs the vents installed and taped, then plumbed and wired. I always think about it this time of year...

It sucks being shut out of a shop or garage because it's too cold.

About 4 years ago - after 20 years of no insulation in my separate garage (it's a pretty good sized space) - I emptied it out during July, bought the insulation, truss channels and OSB board and spent about a week insulating the thing myself.

Before that, during cold snaps like this week, even with a couple of space heaters, it was 20 to 25 degrees and not habitable - so I didn't get a lot of reloading done during the winter.

Since then, I can keep the area at 60 degrees normally - or at least 50 degrees during cold snaps like this - running the space heaters (oil filled, radiator type) 6 or 7 hours a day.

To that end, I've been able to do more reloading tasks in the winter.

Like this week - I wet-tumbled and prepped about 1200 40 S&W cases, and will start loading around 1000 380 ACP cases today.

Cheers.
Nice to see another .40 fan. :s0155: I don't think there are many of us.

Yeah, the 40 crowd has dwindled over the past couple of years.

Other than having to "bulge-bust" 40 cases which adds and extra step to the process (I have to do that because I shoot a lot of my 40's through Glocks) I can load 40 pretty inexpensively.

I need the recoil "sting" of a 40 to keep me from getting too spoiled shooting 9 and 45. ;)

Yeah, the 40 crowd has dwindled over the past couple of years.

Other than having to "bulge-bust" 40 cases which adds and extra step to the process (I have to do that because I shoot a lot of my 40's through Glocks) I can load 40 pretty inexpensively.

I need the recoil "sting" of a 40 to keep me from getting too spoiled shooting 9 and 45. ;)
I've only been into this fun gun stuff since 2010. So when I got a CZ SP01 in .40 I got it because that's what Keith's had on the shelf. Since then I've come to appreciate that extra thump. And that CZ is extremely accurate and absorbs recoil nicely.
I remember after Sandy Hook when finding 9mm guns to buy was difficult. People were buying small carry guns in .40 because that's all they could find. A couple years later there were all kinds of small guns, in 40 Cal, for sale.

I really think there is a place for a 40, and that's a carry gun. Especially a smaller one.
I can appreciate bullet and ammo "developments", but I like the fatter bullet better-er.

I shoot a fair amount of Magnum handgun ammo. The 40 doesn't kick.

I really think there is a place for a 40, and that's a carry gun. Especially a smaller one.
I can appreciate bullet and ammo "developments", but I like the fatter bullet better-er.

I shoot a fair amount of Magnum handgun ammo. The 40 doesn't kick.
I'll admit it up front. I'm a recoil wussy. I wear a puthy pad when I shoot a Garand and Swede Mauser. I only shoot standard .357 mag out of a rifle, and down loaded in a full size revolver. And 9mm will have to do if I need to use my S&W Shield. :)

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top