JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have always enjoyed just about everything that I've shot. I'm your age and my wife and I still go out regularly and blow holes in targets. As an aside, I was exposed to a great many weapons during my time in the Marines. I was actually able to fire a Thompson Sub Machine gun and I got a real charge out of doing that. In my day, we trained with everything that the VC may have had in their arsenal and that included AK's, SKS, French 8MM Lebel, Moisins and everything else. I got to live a real dream by shooting all the guns that I did.

I saw a Thompson fired for a function test. 12 magazines of 30 rounds were fired one after the other on full auto. Each mag was fired non-stop for the full 30 rounds. The gun functioned flawlessly and was then set down to cool. An arrogant jerk came over and snatched the gun up by the barrel. I could hear his flesh crackling like bacon in a hot skilled. He screamed and the gun pinwheeled through the air. I was amazed at how high the gun went. I'd say 12 or 15 feet.

His hand was cooked. We patched him up and he put on a brave face. He was the local leader of a company of enemy militia forces. We happened to arrive at the shooting site at the same. His boys and mine. We called a temporary truce but it was pretty tense. I don't know if he got the use of his hand back or not. He lost face in front of the boys but I admired how he handled the pain in front of the troops. That tommy gun was mighty doggone hot. His hand was a real mess.

Last Edited:
I am 69. As a youth, my mother wouldn't allow me to even have a BB gun. She said that I would but out my eye (like A Christmas Story, but worse). I believe she was more fearful of what I would do to the neighbors.

At 11, my dad sold the boat, fishing gear, and all his guns, and then pick up off-road motorcycles, golf and bowling--I like the motorcycles. At 34 I bought my first gun and I quickly got hooked on shooting and hunting.

All-time favorite deer and elk gun: Remmington ADL, 300 Win Mag; modified to hold a three-round clip. Zeroed at 300 yards. I sold my Browing BAR, 300 Win Mag in favor of my Remmington.

Favorite Handgun (home defense): Springfield Compact 3.8 DXm, 9mm (Traded an SKS Norinco and Taurus .357 Mag revolver).

Traded off a 380 pistol (worst gun I ever owned) for an SKS Norinco (sloppy gun but fun to shoot).

That's all folks

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top