JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Buying or selling in the middle of a frenzy is hardly ever a good idea. Now that 114 has passed it's a little late to the party, IMHO. Not to say there won't be someone trying to panic dump some firearms that might offer an outstanding deal to jump on, but be overly wary.

I would buy... extremely selectively... but won't sell.

Keeping in mind that it's not the end of the world and current conditions likely won't last long (in the grand scheme of things). Patience often pays dividends.
Two things here, 1. You are always a voice of reason and 2. Do you ever sleep? You always have decent advice morning, noon, as well as night!

Just want some feedback from fellow NW FA Oregonians ... as far as firearms:
Are you going to buy what you can right now?
Sell what you can right now?
See what happens?
Deciding on wether to let some go now while I can.
Thanks for your feedback
You might have missed the boat. If you sell any firearms be clear with the buyer that sales are final and if the firearm gets stuck in M114 purgatory that is their problem to deal with.

That would be a real gut punch. I've read 114 a few times and it's not immediately clear either way for a layman like myself. I guess I'll have to wait and see, though I'm hopeful that they'll be left alone.
Yeah, it's not clear to me either.... In Hawaii, BP falls under the permit to buy. It's funny though, there's no serial, so it's a gray area.

That would be a real gut punch. I've read 114 a few times and it's not immediately clear either way for a layman like myself. I guess I'll have to wait and see, though I'm hopeful that they'll be left alone.
It looks like it does not apply to black powder. OR law exempts antique firearms from transfer requirements:

Relevant portion of 166.412:
FA48571D-A508-4748-B432-0C40E90585EA.jpeg
59787AE0-5B4E-4CE6-82D1-F985ED279BA8.jpeg
Relevant portion of 166.210:
2B9EA42B-5AF6-4154-8D53-8161B01E2BB8.jpeg
9BB49AC5-DE67-4CE2-B850-6B03FBC03448.jpeg
8EA92B63-C3BE-4701-B48A-37116E9C5EB2.jpeg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show