JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm in process of trying (behind the scenes), confer with said member.
I stuck my foot in my mouth. In the open forum. And I got a boot tip protruding at the moment.
I'd like it removed so I can continue here as a notable mammal amongst the group

I've said it for decades.
Gun shops should have stringent building and re-enforcement codes.
The bars in front of doors and windows are cosmetic, do nothing but give the appearance of security.
Without the rest of the structure being up the the same standards this type of crash and grab will continue.

Bury 12"-18" x 10ft diameter boiler pipes six feet in the ground, then fill them with concrete. All across the front, and back if there's anywhere a vehicle could be used. Spaced 4ft apart. At minimum.
2A2Dend, A lot of gun stores, pawn shops, and even big box stores with gun departments have safes to lock up all guns at night or at least security personnel ready to handle such threats. I think such precautions are a much better investment of time and money.

Most gun stores DO NOT do this as moving firearms into and out of a safe everyday is both time consuming and risks damaging the firearms.
A lot of businesses that sell firearms do this already. Invest the time and materials needed to keep guns from getting damaged. Who knows, such actions should lower their insurance costs??

A lot of businesses that sell firearms do this already. Invest the time and materials needed to keep guns from getting damaged. Who knows, such actions should lower their insurance costs??

Most guns shop with sizeable inventory don't do this mainly for the reasons I mentioned.

Think about the logistics of it, not the one time cost of purchasing the safes.

Most guns shop with sizeable inventory don't do this mainly for the reasons I mentioned.

Think about the logistics of it, not the one time cost of purchasing the safes.

Hmmm -- anyone with good welding and design skills? Go into the business of making steel display cases that bolt to the floor and have a steel cover that can be padlocked over the usual two sides of glass that make up a display case. The steel cover would have to be designed in such a way that most people would be able to deploy it at closing and open at opening, and also so it wouldn't be in the way during normal business hours. Expensive I bet!

Now, I won't say it should be a law to have such a case, but there might be a market for one if it could be built for a reasonable cost.

I've said for decades criminals should be penalized swift and sure...

What happened to 'enforcement'. We have plenty of laws to facilitate our societal well-being. Passing new laws is a administrative fix...that doesn't work to deter criminals and only creates more restrictions and frustrations on the good citizens. So...how do we get more enforcement? How?

What happened to 'enforcement'. We have plenty of laws to facilitate our societal well-being. Passing new laws is a administrative fix...that doesn't work to deter criminals and only creates more restrictions and frustrations on the good citizens. So...how do we get more enforcement? How?

The revolving door is not helpful.

There is quite a bit of enforcement, however the courts just turn them loose. If the criminals even get jailed at all.

So, perhaps a starting point for improving our judicial system might be to lobby (request, I guess) the courts to not turn them loose and put them in jail.

Personally, I think if you are committing crimes of these various sorts (crimes against humanity, murders, stealing guns, etc) you loose your own personal rights...just like you deprived others and you should be pushed into facilities that become over populated and violence rules the day, everyday. No medical treatment, no good food, no heat, no benefits, no rights; just other scum to 'associate' with. Just keep loading them in until it becomes the filth they deserve...a deterrent perhaps. Although, I like the guillotine solution suggested.

... No medical treatment, no good food, no heat, no benefits, no rights; just other scum to 'associate' with. Just keep loading them in until it becomes the filth they deserve...a deterrent perhaps. Although, I like the guillotine solution suggested.

As an aside, it is good practice to endorse all of the Bill of Rights because when one amendment is ignored, it makes it easy to ignore them all.

Eighth Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia

The history in Britain leading up to the Bill of Rights showed egregious use of fines (especially for political vengeance) as well as horrific punishments. There are good reasons behind each of the amendments in the BoR.

As an aside, it is good practice to endorse all of the Bill of Rights because when one amendment is ignored, it makes it easy to ignore them all.

Eighth Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia

The history in Britain leading up to the Bill of Rights showed egregious use of fines (especially for political vengeance) as well as horrific punishments. There are good reasons behind each of the amendments in the BoR.

I agree... the Constitution (8th amend.) totally prohibits excessive fines and certain kinds of punishment, such as drawing and quartering. Yeah, we shouldn't do that. Let them be to themselves...put more rats together in a box and they will 'take care' of themselves.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews