JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've said it for decades.
Gun shops should have stringent building and re-enforcement codes.
The bars in front of doors and windows are cosmetic, do nothing but give the appearance of security.
Without the rest of the structure being up the the same standards this type of crash and grab will continue.

Bury 12"-18" x 10ft diameter boiler pipes six feet in the ground, then fill them with concrete. All across the front, and back if there's anywhere a vehicle could be used. Spaced 4ft apart. At minimum.

Last Edited:
If he gets caught and arrested, judge will give him a lecture and put him on probation.

After all, not his fault because he was probably spanked as a child

I disagree. All those costs would put most small FFL's out of business. How about life imprisonment or the death penalty for those that steal arms?

Why would we punish the business for someone else's wrong doing?

If he gets caught and arrested, judge will give him a lecture and put him on probation.

After all, not his fault because he was probably spanked as a child

Same as all the others. Gun thieves and straw buyers they get probation while selling guns to gangs, and felons who kill people.
Then the liberal media and politicians can use that as propaganda to put more moronic gun laws restricting our rights as law abiding people.

The bars in front of doors and windows are cosmetic, do nothing but give the appearance of security.
Without the rest of the structure being up the the same standards this type of crash and grab will continue.

Bury 12"-18" x 10ft diameter boiler pipes six feet in the ground, then fill them with concrete. All across the front, and back if there's anywhere a vehicle could be used. Spaced 4ft apart. At minimum.
More laws is almost certainly NOT the solution, in any case.

gun stores are like banks. cant invest in high res cameras.

The resolution isn't bad for infrared, and maybe it was downgraded for the upload to youtube -- high def video can take quite up quite a bit of space. It also appears that this was one of at least six cameras -- you start running into real issues with processing power to handle all the data not to mention data storage problems with multiple cameras and the higher the definition, the faster those problems rear up. Also, like with computers, new cameras come out every year and a business owner needs to balance the cost of total replacement with making a profit and staying in business.

There was a previous thread on this burglary when it happened April 13. You could get into a bank with a front end loader; just not into the vault. Some gun stores empty their displays and lock up the guns in safes after closing; extra work and cost for employee time, but makes them less likely to be a target for burglars.

It was a hay loader. What or how do you expect a business to build something that can withstand a direct impact from a diesel powered vehicle weighing up to 50k pounds or so? You're idea of burying boiler pipes and filling them with concrete is not only silly from an engineering perspective, but also so cost prohibitive we might as well just not have gun stores. o_O

Dump truck or cement mixer goes through just about anything, there's a reason scumbags in the Middle East consider them favorites for truck bombs. "Nothing stops the mail!"

Maybe consider the context.
Maybe gun dealers establishments should be certified like a typical bank vault.
Or perhaps specific regulations, "Remove from sight-store all firearms in secured-to-concrete safes at the time of closing"

Buy Once, Cry Once.
Cost to secure, or prohibitive, not my problem.
Potential harm from more stolen firearms in the wrong hands, that's a problem.

My comments are in reference to all gun dealers.
There's a solution to resolve. FIX IT.

Last Edited:

And, just who is going to pay for all that??? It's hard enough just paying for the crazy insurance premiums with out adding that kind of thing.:mad::mad::mad:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top