JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That is one of the saddest parts of this whole thing. Hunters who shoot at, the operative word here "at", anything that moves. That is not hunting. If someone shoots another hunter claiming they thought it was a Deer, Elk, or whatever in the hell they were hunting was shooting at movement. You can not shoot a human and say it looked like the game animal you had a tag for. Unless the round was fired at an animal and missed and like a lightning strike caught some person. Since this moron shot both of them I kind of doubt this is what happened.
Question is, when one of these jackholes is shooting at you, at what point does it become proper to Engage the Threat?

Question is, when one of these jackholes is shooting at you, at what point does it become proper to Engage the Threat?
Well I have had bbs rain down on me duck hunting.
But that's bbs.
I know there is a guy over there and you can tell when he shoots in your direction.
You just don't look up.
But deer hunting.
I don't know if there first shot missed I would yell and make some noise.
After there second shot I think I'm returning fire.

Good question. Like EPS I have been "rained on" by shot a few times. If someone was sending bullets my way? I would fire off a shot into the ground, hoping they got the idea they were not shooting at game. If of course they took another shot at me? I guess I would have to make the point better to them that they were shooting at the wrong target.

My uncle had a horse shot out from under him years ago in Montana by a old man that was elk hunting.
Just shot at the movement in the woods.
Killing my uncle's horse.
Just missed his leg and lung shot the horse.

Yep I too got "soft" in my older days and no longer hunt. Just would not enjoy it any more but, I am VERY pro the sport. The responsible hunters pay for the care and management of the place. Not to mention I have always thought if "god" did not want me to eat meat he would not have made it taste so damn good. :D So I have no delusions about where the meat we eat comes from. Those who pay for the sport and do it responsibly are great. Just because I no longer wish to do it I do not begrudge them. Now those who poach and or are just general asshats in the field? Those people I would wish harm to I do not wish on animals. :mad:

Oh, I'm not soft on the idea of slaughtering rabbits or chickens for food. I'm just not sure I could deal with the process with rabbits and chickens. I'd need someone to walk me through the process. I have no issue what so ever dealing with fish though.

My uncle had a horse shot out from under him years ago in Montana by a old man that was elk hunting.
Just shot at the movement in the woods.
Killing my uncle's horse.
Just missed his leg and lung shot the horse.
Friends up in Canada have reported an epidemic of "Noise Shooter" hunters back east, people who if they so much as HEAR anything they take a shot at it and no hablo "cease fire, ya moron!"

I wonder how this would have played out in say 1870's Montana
Well it actually was a really bad deal.
After the guy shot the horse.
And all the yelling and screaming stopped.
My uncle had to finish the horse off .
Put it down .
And the old man had a heart attach.
When he realized he almost killed some people.my uncle and his buddies had to call in the rangers and pack the old man out.
To a spot for a Helo to pick him up LIFE FLIGHT.

Good on your Uncle, a better decision than I would have made. I would have let nature takes its course on that old coot.
Well my uncle was a outfitter.
Hunting guide in Montana and Wyoming and Nevada.
So there was a group of people with him a hunting party on the way up to hunting camp.
He had pack horses and riding horses.
I know at one point he had like 35 horses.
And 4 or 5 different hunting camps

I just went a did some research.
This happened in the area where I go in South Carolina.
My friend lives just out side of Walterburo .
South Carolina.
I go there every other year to fish and hunt.

They say guys like you, in the middle, will decide the fate of the country. Regardless if you like Trump or not, I pray you dont hand us over to the new authoritarian left. People like this lana kiossovski will not hesitate to come for you next.

Left, right, middle?

Not me. Not even close.

I am so far outside categorization that even though Libertarian is the closest someone can come to putting me in a box, I disagree with modern and classic Libertarians too.

But don't worry, I don't want your guns. I am the guy who has numerous times asserted (here and elsewhere) that:

1) The Second Amendment is not a Constitutional right as some people say, it is a Natural Right. I.E., everyone everywhere has the right to be armed.

2) Where the Second Amendment says "arms", the Founding Fathers didn't mean just firearms, but any kind of arms, from knives to tanks to grenades and so on. OTOH, I think all NBC weapons should be banned - no one should, especially governments, should have them.

So I am not in the middle no.

But if you don't want totalitarianism, you should be equally against Trump as you would be against anyone on the left.

the Founding Fathers didn't mean just firearms, but any kind of arms, from knives to tanks to grenades and so on.
I don't mean to be a 'noodge' but how do you know, unequivocally, the Founding Fathers also meant 'tanks to grenades' since these items did NOT exist at the time?

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top