JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I broke first rule of reloading!

I didn't remove all powder from my bench other than what I was using.
I'm loading 50AE with 30 grains 4227. My dispenser is between 29.7-30.2, so I topped of my powder trickler with freaking 4895 (.223). So I added 0- .03 of the 4895 to the cases. I'm thinking that's not an issue and don't think a pull is necessary but I figured more thoughts the better. We're talking 30rds here.

Last Edited:
Hmm... yea, this is one of those situations where I want to say yes, but the "seasoned reloader" says "pull 'em" as I am not willing to risk _ANYTHING_ when it comes to screwed up ammo.

For 30 rounds? Don't get lazy, pull them.
Now 300, then if I was feeling brave I might dope a string of 29.7/.3, 29.8/.2, 29.9/.1 and 30.0 and chrono them all. With a EMT qualified buddy nearby, LOL. Inspect cases for pressure effects and make my determination.
I have never done this so let us know how it works out. :rolleyes:

CJ1089 pretty well summed up my thoughts on the matter.
That being said, if you set up a ransom rest, and a chrony, tripped the trigger remotely, and have a spare Desert Eagle lying around, this might be an interesting experiment...
But yeah, just pull 'em.

It all depends on how much you value your hands, eyes and equipment.
The thing is you added the powder to the top of your powder dispenser so it's not a true mix.
No doubt in my mind what I would do... Pull em

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads