JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's a DP-10. Hornady 150 gr ballistic tip. Rounds fail to chamber. Marks are present on the case neck. Full length resized with once fired, previously crimped brass.

This should help some.

Screenshot_20240102_111211_Hornady Reloading.jpg

I would contact the maker to see if they had a run of tight chambers. Chamber clean? If the chamber is tight, fouling that would pass on a standard gun might cause chambering difficulties. With a clean in=spec chamber, a set of Small Base Dies will fix such trouble. They will size slightly under for semi-autos.

Do you have a case gauge?

Get one of these: https://sheridanengineering.com/product/308-win-ammunition-gauge/
The slotted type will show you exactly where the problem is so you can adjust your die properly or get a different die that will size your brass correctly. More than likely, you will find its the base of the case not being sized down small enough.
Both of the above. Without a cartridge headspace gauge, your ability to successfully roll your own will be hit or miss.

I like the Wilson gauges; the Sheridan looks good. I don't like the Hornady gauges.

Both of the above. Without a cartridge headspace gauge, your ability to successfully roll your own will be hit or miss.

I like the Wilson gauges; the Sheridan looks good. I don't like the Hornady gauges.
You can do a drop test in a barrel in a pinch if you don't have a case gauge(after sizing before loading), plus having factory ammo to compare to is really useful.
As for gauges I've had several and I do like the Hornady ones myself. There are some that are adjustable but I'm not a big fan of those(moving parts mean more things that can break or go wrong) but they do have there uses and some people do like them.
A GoNoGo gauge would be a good thing to have as well if you are worried about the die settings, testing if it will chamber works in a pinch as well.
One thing I would say to do is to make 1 dummy round(or more as needed)(case with bullet only, no primer/powder) and use those to do barrel chambering test as that's the safer way to do it. Once you have one or more that works correctly you can also use them if you need to, to reset your dies.

If you need supplies and/or ammo I've got some or I know where to get it if I don't have it.
If you need some local help or just want a second set of eyes to take a look, feel free to get a hold of me.
Edit: added more info

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews