JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've read multiple reports that the AR is the most sold platform in the US. I'm not sure if that is true, but it wouldn't surprise me considering they can be had in calibers from .17 through .50, from el cheapo models to crazy expensive "Gucci" rifles, and in configurations for nearly any type of hunting and self-defense/law enforcement application. To deride most, if not all, owners of said as "ridiculous wannabees" is, frankly, untenable.

(And, no, I'm a not devotee of the AR, and only own one at the present. That isn't due to thinking they are a bad rifle or that people shouldn't own one, far from it on both accounts, it is just the interest lies elsewhere.)

They already don't, in some locations due to the shutdown, apparently the feds are responsible for actually processing EBT transactions, so when the system goes down, there's no one to fix it. Was on the news the other night that some stores are having that very problem.
It happens with some regularity. I use to work with one of the banks that did the snap processing for a few states back east. Not the same level of investment as the retail banking by a long shot!

In the mean time, the Herald reports that long lines of deserted shopping carts stood in checkout lines at grocery stores around the state.

As shoppers walked away wondering how to feed their children, shopper Kiera Luke said the experience has been an eye-opener.

"This was kind of a rude awakening."​

"What will I do" is a great motivator and eye opener. Enlightenment may be a better word. Once you realize, nope. No one is coming to save you. Whether it's feeding your kids, finding shelter or protection. Hopeful you'll only be hungry once in your life.

Yes, you do fit the definition of a FUDD, and a troll as well. "Ridiculous wannabees"? Many of us who served in the armed forces like AR's quite a bit because we trained with them, fought with them, slept with them, etc. So why would that make us wannabes for owning something that we are familiar with when we get out? Please, enlighten us with some more of your wisdom.
Troll on.

Before you engage further on this topic you need to take step one of what I recommended. That might allow you to move to step two and recognize the point of my post was that even though I think ARs and the tactical crowd are ridiculous, I STAND AND FIGHT FOR THE RIGHT TO HAVE ARs AND TACTICAL FIREARMS. The fact that you missed that is illustrative of the problem we have as firearms owners. We are not unified and many cannot see past their personal distaste. Calling someone a Fudd is an example of that.

BTW, I was a USAF pilot for 24 years, with .38, 9mm, M-16, C-130, T-38, and T-1 quals along with three deployments in support of Operation Southern Watch, OEF, and OIF. So I am exceptionally qualified to determine who the wannabe's are, and there are a bunch out there. When I run into them at the range I smile politely and help them if they request it--even though they likely consider me a Fudd...............................

Before you engage further on this topic you need to take step one of what I recommended. That might allow you to move to step two and recognize the point of my post was that even though I think ARs and the tactical crowd are ridiculous, I STAND AND FIGHT FOR THE RIGHT TO HAVE ARs AND TACTICAL FIREARMS. The fact that you missed that is illustrative of the problem we have as firearms owners. We are not unified and many cannot see past their personal distaste. Calling someone a Fudd is an example of that.

BTW, I was a USAF pilot for 24 years, with .38, 9mm, M-16, C-130, T-38, and T-1 quals along with three deployments in support of Operation Southern Watch, OEF, and OIF. So I am exceptionally qualified to determine who the wannabe's are, and there are a bunch out there. When I run into them at the range I smile politely and help them if they request it--even though they likely consider me a Fudd...............................
Perhaps your points would be absorbed better with the community at the Dailykos.com.

Wow, thanks for the resume drop. It does, in fact, make you the clear authority around here. And nice backpedal too. I believe you said something more along the lines of...
" I think ARs and tactical rifles are lame and I think the guys into that are ridiculous wannabees."
"...idiots with ARs and tactical rifles..."

But it's cool because...
"I keep that to myself."

I'll keep an eye out at the range for your polite smile while me and my wannabe buddies are playing Blackhawk Down. Because that's what AR idiots do. Thanks again for your exceptionally qualified input.

LOL!!!! The responses are as I expected, even funny, though the myopia is sad.

AR guys love to call someone a Fudd who doesn't think much of ARs, yet get their panties in a bunch when they are called ridiculous wannabees—which is a fair response to Fudd. Maybe there is a lesson in and we should put aside personal likes and dislikes and unify for a much greater fight. But I repeat myself for the third time and the concept doesn't seem to be sinking in........

We shouldn't even have to fight this fight, but Progressivinsm is a creeping evil seeking to put us back into feudalism and that starts with taking our guns.

Huh, I was looking for something like, "I'm sorry I called AR owners ridiculous idiot wannabes. What I really meant was, ARs aren't my thing. But instead I made it person by name calling. For that, I apologize."
Nope. Don't see anything remotely like that in your response. Just doubled down.

And FWIW, you introduced yourself as a Fudd.

Last Edited:
LOL!!!! The responses are as I expected, even funny, though the myopia is sad.

AR guys love to call someone a Fudd who doesn't think much of ARs, yet get their panties in a bunch when they are called ridiculous wannabees—which is a fair response to Fudd. Maybe there is a lesson in and we should put aside personal likes and dislikes and unify for a much greater fight. But I repeat myself for the third time and the concept doesn't seem to be sinking in........

We shouldn't even have to fight this fight, but Progressivinsm is a creeping evil seeking to put us back into feudalism and that starts with taking our guns.
Do you troll AR15.com as well or are we just the lucky ones?
Congrats though, it only took you 29 messages to make it to my ignore list. Have a nice life.

LOL!!! Why would I apologize? I am 1000% correct in
my assessment and my purpose was to ruffle feathers and get guys to THINK. For me to apologize for that would be an incredible lack of integrity........

Do you troll AR15.com as well or are we just the lucky ones?
Congrats though, it only took you 29 messages to make it to my ignore list. Have a nice life.

Sounds like a win for me. I am not intersted in debating snowflakes who think anyone who challenges them is a Troll. Also, why would I post on AR-15.com? ARs are not of much interest to me

Yes. If you understand MTBI I might make a
little more sense to you. I test very strongly as an INTJ.
It actually does help understand some of your posts. I get what you are trying to say, ARs aren't your thing. But how you are saying it (which plays to INTJ) can rub people the wrong way.

INTJ is also very rare, I am an ISTJ.

Last Edited:
It actually does help understand some of your posts. I get what you are trying to say, ARs aren't your thing. But how you are saying it (which plays to INTJ) can rub people the wrong way.

I know. That is why I generally stay off forums. I
am interested in discussing and debating ideas, yet most people are into the touchy feely thing which is anathema to me. And that is what we have seen here.

It's not that ARs aren't my thing, it's that AR owners—likely the majority of gun owners in the US—are very quick call people names who aren't into what they are into. I have repeatedly seen that term used on this forum and it serves no purpose other than to divide.

That said, I will move on from this forum and go back to lurking.

I know. That is why I generally stay off forums. I
am interested in discussing and debating ideas, yet most people are into the touchy feely thing which is anathema to me. And that is what we have seen here.

It's not that ARs aren't my thing, it's that AR owners—likely the majority of gun owners in the US—are very quick call people names who aren't into what they are into. I have repeatedly seen that term used on this forum and it serves no purpose other than to divide.

That said, I will move on from this forum and go back to lurking.
Nah don't lurk, hang out and post more. Once people get a feel for you this is a pretty great community. Maybe tread lightly in the politically charged threads for a bit until people get a feel for you.

I guess I fit the definition of a "Fudd." I think ARs and tactical rifles are lame and I think the guys into that are ridiculous wannabees. I have owned a few ARs and currently have one set up for competition, and
I kicked it to the curb as soon as I found a much better shooting competition that requires single-shot rifles with extreme accuracy and consistency at 1000 yds.

However, even with my disdain for ARs, tactical rifles, and the enthusiasts; I keep that to myself. This post is the only time I have even shared my view on the topic. I fight just as hard on behalf of the idiots with ARs and tactical rifles as I do for any 2A issue.

I also despise canned hunts and road hunting; yet I support the rights of those hunters as strongly as my own.

Until gun owners and hunters can pull their collective heads out of their hind ends, start critically thinking, and unify; we will indeed wind up in an oppressive authoritarian society. Being intolerant and calling someone names just because they like something different than you is NOT a recipe for unity and is a blatant example of NOT critically thinking........

Seems like you insulted a large group of people with whom you next propose an alliance.

There are large numbers of people who enjoy AR's for sport and keep them around for the very rare case where they are the best thing for defense. I offer as examples the shop owners in Los Angeles who used them to discourage rioters from burning down their businesses in the 1992 riots. Had they only handguns, they could not have achieved the accuracy of shooting AROUND and OVER rioters, so the rioters would get the message and not the lead.

The recent cases of nutjobs using AR's to murder groups of people were preventable by other means. Example was Niklaus Cruz, the Parkand school shooter. The cops had been called out on him 45 times. But the local sheriff was taking money from the PROMISE program, a gov program designed to steer young offenders to counseling instead of prisons. Cruz didn't care and because there were no actual arrests and convictions, he passed the background check to get the murder weapon.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews