JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Before you engage further on this topic with this one, you need to take step one of what I recommend (Ignore feature). That might allow you to move to step two (enjoying the forum) and recognize here in lies the problem........

BTW, I was a USAF pilot for 24 years, with .38, 9mm, M-16, C-130, T-38, and T-1 quals along with three deployments in support of Operation Southern Watch, OEF, and OIF. So I am exceptionally qualified to determine who the wannabe's are, and there are a bunch out there. When I run into them at the range I smile politely and help them if they request it--even though they likely consider me a Fudd...............................

I know. That is why I generally stay off forums. I
am interested in discussing and debating ideas, yet most people are into the touchy feely thing which is anathema to me. And that is what we have seen here.

It's not that ARs aren't my thing, it's that AR owners—likely the majority of gun owners in the US—are very quick call people names who aren't into what they are into. I have repeatedly seen that term used on this forum and it serves no purpose other than to divide.

That said, I will move on from this forum and go back to lurking.

Please put your money where your mouth is an show up to the Salem, Oregon 2A Rally in Saturday March 23, 2019 at Noon.

Oregon - Defend the 2nd Rally 3/23/19

I guess I fit the definition of a "Fudd." I think ARs and tactical rifles are lame and I think the guys into that are ridiculous wannabees. I have owned a few ARs and currently have one set up for competition, and
I kicked it to the curb as soon as I found a much better shooting competition that requires single-shot rifles with extreme accuracy and consistency at 1000 yds.

However, even with my disdain for ARs, tactical rifles, and the enthusiasts; I keep that to myself. This post is the only time I have even shared my view on the topic. I fight just as hard on behalf of the idiots with ARs and tactical rifles as I do for any 2A issue.

I also despise canned hunts and road hunting; yet I support the rights of those hunters as strongly as my own.

Until gun owners and hunters can pull their collective heads out of their hind ends, start critically thinking, and unify; we will indeed wind up in an oppressive authoritarian society. Being intolerant and calling someone names just because they like something different than you is NOT a recipe for unity and is a blatant example of NOT critically thinking........

LOL!!!! The responses are as I expected, even funny, though the myopia is sad.

AR guys love to call someone a Fudd who doesn't think much of ARs, yet get their panties in a bunch when they are called ridiculous wannabees—which is a fair response to Fudd. Maybe there is a lesson in and we should put aside personal likes and dislikes and unify for a much greater fight. But I repeat myself for the third time and the concept doesn't seem to be sinking in........

We shouldn't even have to fight this fight, but Progressivinsm is a creeping evil seeking to put us back into feudalism and that starts with taking our guns.

You are entitled to your thoughts, and thank God that you also leave room in your mind there are others who respect your views and prefer some other firearm. It all boils down not to tastes but rights and choice of that right to own what you want, and not what some egg head or under aged unqualified person decides just what you may or may not own. How much and how many rounds of ammo you may possess, or buy. These laws indicate just how far the anti gunners will go, and they plan in their minds of outlawing all firearms and any owners.

INTJ is also very rare, I am an ISTJ.

Entirely OT, but thanks for the heads-up. I've heard of the MTBI, but never really looked into it. Took a free version online that's suppose to be similar (vs paying 50 bucks for the "real" one).

Tried real hard to answer honestly and came up with two that indicate a strongly match.

franksMBTIresults2019a.PNG
Guess I should have studied science seriously earlier in life! :) Probably would have been a cosmologist if a life-long interest of mine is any sign.

Oh well, at 52, too late now.

I am an INTJ as well. There is nothing about it that predetermines that you will introduce yourself to strangers as an insufferable, bubblegumming jerk and then blame them for their reactions.

I took the test but was too cheap to pay for all their results.
So all I got was "INxx"......great, everybody better straighten up right o_Onow, before I have to come back there".....

I guess I fit the definition of a "Fudd." I think ARs and tactical rifles are lame and I think the guys into that are ridiculous wannabees. I have owned a few ARs and currently have one set up for competition, and
I kicked it to the curb as soon as I found a much better shooting competition that requires single-shot rifles with extreme accuracy and consistency at 1000 yds.

However, even with my disdain for ARs, tactical rifles, and the enthusiasts; I keep that to myself. This post is the only time I have even shared my view on the topic. I fight just as hard on behalf of the idiots with ARs and tactical rifles as I do for any 2A issue.

I also despise canned hunts and road hunting; yet I support the rights of those hunters as strongly as my own.

Until gun owners and hunters can pull their collective heads out of their hind ends, start critically thinking, and unify; we will indeed wind up in an oppressive authoritarian society. Being intolerant and calling someone names just because they like something different than you is NOT a recipe for unity and is a blatant example of NOT critically thinking........
"calling someone names just because they like something different than you is NOT a recipe for unity"

"on behalf of the idiots with ARs and tactical rifles" "I think the guys into that are ridiculous wannabees."

You can call me a ridiculous wannabee, but I take some offense to being labeled an "idiot" and you are right that is not a recipe for unity.

LOL!!!! The responses are as I expected, even funny, though the myopia is sad.

AR guys love to call someone a Fudd who doesn't think much of ARs, yet get their panties in a bunch when they are called ridiculous wannabees—which is a fair response to Fudd. Maybe there is a lesson in and we should put aside personal likes and dislikes and unify for a much greater fight. But I repeat myself for the third time and the concept doesn't seem to be sinking in........

We shouldn't even have to fight this fight, but Progressivinsm is a creeping evil seeking to put us back into feudalism and that starts with taking our guns.
A fudd is generally assumed to be somebody who will throw other gun owners under the bus to save their own access to their preferred class of firearms. You don't come across as a fudd, but you are definitely insulting.

This is all further proof that we lack unity within the gun owning community. If we can't accomplish that, we'll never be able to save what's left of our Civil Right to keep and bear arms...
It was one person, but I think we do have some unity issues to work on. I would be curious if the antis have this issue in their groups? Do you think at the Lift Every Voice Oregon meetings one of the group members calls the others idiots because he/she doesn't agree with some portion of the anti-gun crusade they are on?

It was one person, but I think we do have some unity issues to work on. I would be curious if the antis have this issue in their groups? Do you think at the Lift Every Voice Oregon meetings one of the group members calls the others idiots because he/she doesn't agree with some portion of the anti-gun crusade they are on?
Perhaps they do, but by far and wide, they're chanting the same chant and driving towards the same goal. As gun owners we need to not be eating or own or throwing each other under the bus. Less than a united front may very well result in defeat, yet again...

Understanding the fight. It's not which rifle or how many bullets. It's releasing or handing over authority to a power that does not currently have that power.

So regardless of AR, bumpstock, 10 rd magazines or something not even gun related. Does local, state or federal government have the power to ignore a protected right?

Understanding the fight. It's not which rifle or how many bullets. It's releasing or handing over authority to a power that does not currently have that power.

So regardless of AR, bumpstock, 10 rd magazines or something not even gun related. Does local, state or federal government have the power to ignore a protected right?
I say no, but the courts evidently feel they do have the power to ignore/abuse our rights. That means until the courts say otherwise (or until we've had enough) it will be up to those in power, whether or not they are going to abuse our rights or not.

A fudd is generally assumed to be somebody who will throw other gun owners under the bus to save their own access to their preferred class of firearms. You don't come across as a fudd, but you are definitely insulting.
He also came here with the intention of causing division.

I took the test but was too cheap to pay for all their results.
So all I got was "INxx"......great, everybody better straighten up right o_Onow, before I have to come back there".....

Don't remember what IN I got when I took mine. It just said I was an ignorant bottom feeder. Likely believes that the US constitution is a literal document, flies a US flag 24x7x365 (lit at night), and probably shoots guns for fun. Certain candidate for reeducation centers in 2021. Estimated release as a citizen in good standing in 2321.

Probably shouldn't have taken the free test on the DNC website.

I know. That is why I generally stay off forums. I
am interested in discussing and debating ideas, yet most people are into the touchy feely thing which is anathema to me. And that is what we have seen here.

It's not that ARs aren't my thing, it's that AR owners—likely the majority of gun owners in the US—are very quick call people names who aren't into what they are into. I have repeatedly seen that term used on this forum and it serves no purpose other than to divide.

That said, I will move on from this forum and go back to lurking.

The irony of your last post, of course, is that it was you who initiated the name calling. You got the expected pushback and then played victim.

I can see how it is that Oregon Democrats are pushing for 16-year olds to vote. They need more children to believe their logic-free conclusions that demand we disarm everyone and let criminals off easy at the same time.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top