JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The biggest boycott would be to not own or minimize "property". Property taxes in Oregon make up the lions share of funding government and their voting union workers.

Well I am doing it no matter what people say, there is no other way to be heard. People give lots of lip service about standing up for our rights ( not including you deaf) but when there is a fight they back off. Peacefully with holding your money from those who abuse power is the best way to confront them in my opinion. Any ya'll got a better plan then bring it forward.o_O

The only thing a boycott will do is make every service the govt. currently provides get worse or discontinued.

They will get their $$ somehow.

Look at CA. They haven't had any $$ for years, yet they still provide many govt. services...............

I don't see any answers to this.

People are getting more stoopider by the minute.

And the only REAL solution is to vote out the current scum politicians.

BUT..........the average person can't think past their front door, so voting them out won't happen.

GOOD LUCK, younger Oregonians/US Citizens:confused:

The only thing a boycott will do is make every service the govt. currently provides get worse or discontinued.

Look at CA. They haven't had any $$ for years, yet they still provide many govt. services...............

BUT..........the average person can't think past their front door, so voting them out won't happen.

It's the bigger picture people don't see, money is the biggest motivator in an election. Crash an economy and people vote the bums out. How many times have you heard "it's the economy stupid"?
Want people to vote out the current tyrants then don't spend any money. If we all did this then by election time the voters would be ready to throw them out.o_O

Red ribbon on my antenna
Red Ribbon.JPG

It's the bigger picture people don't see, money is the biggest motivator in an election. Crash an economy and people vote the bums out. How many times have you heard "it's the economy stupid"?
Want people to vote out the current tyrants then don't spend any money. If we all did this then by election time the voters would be ready to throw them out.o_O

You can't change a liberals voting habits. They only care that a politician acknowledges their sexual preferences and disregards reality.

(b) If the department is unable to determine if the purchaser is qualified or disqualified from completing the transfer within 30 minutes, the department shall notify the dealer and provide the dealer with an estimate of the time when the department will provide the requested information.

(c) If the department fails to provide a unique approval number to a gun dealer or to notify the gun dealer that the purchaser is disqualified under paragraph (a) of this subsection before the close of the gun dealer's next business day following the request by the dealer for a criminal history re- cord check, the dealer may deliver the handgun to the purchaser.

Earlier on in 941 it says the transferor will get the gun back upon the buyer getting a denial. I can't find anything about what happens when an extended "delay" happens. Even though the text says that the dealer may transfer at the close of the next business day, I think we all know that's not likely to happen...

Ya I remember it well when they destroyed the economy and ruined lives driving some to suicide.

I will do what I want but thanks for your permission.:D:D:p

Spotted owl was here first. Kinda crappy to destroy a natural species because of economic growth. People can move.Spotted owls cannot. Plus old growth timber, their habitat, takes a looooonnnnngggg time to grow back.

If people are committing suicide because of the protection of a species then they may have the resolve of a teenage Kurt Kobain.

Throwing empathy your way Spotted Owl!

While I'm here... SAVE THE POLAR BEARS!

kinda of a tangent but I like speaking up

As a 25 year old vet with proportionally more critical thinking skills than the average American (I hope I'm not as ignorant and self absorbed as I sound) I will say that it definitely wasn't the 1990s+ generation that did this. We just started to vote. Blame the 60s-80s. Awesome music and cars but GET UFF MEH LAWN!

Spotted owl was here first. Kinda crappy to destroy a natural species because of economic growth. People can move.Spotted owls cannot. Plus old growth timber, their habitat, takes a looooonnnnngggg time to grow back.
If people are committing suicide because of the protection of a species then they may have the resolve of a teenage Kurt Kobain.
Throwing empathy your way Spotted Owl!
While I'm here... SAVE THE POLAR BEARS!
kinda of a tangent but I like speaking up

Is there a way to give a 1/2 to 9/16 like?????????:):(

Let's see here.
Spotted Owl isn't in danger, lives in a tree or owl nest box just fine.
Believing that unsubstantiated fairy tale cost Oregon it's timber industry.
Polar bears aren't in danger, Go north and find out if they don't move from seals to caribou.
Believing that unsubstantiated fairy tale costs Oregonians MPG with alcohol fuel, made from food.
By inference, must believe in Global Warming, excuse Climate Change.
A 25 year-old vet. Means you volunteered, as I did. And like me, you get no sympathy for being stupid.
Haven't even started yet...

My Rep. John Lively's reply to me in the "Aftermath" if anyone cares to see.:mad::mad::mad::mad:Burns me up a little.

xxxxxxxxx

Thank you for taking the time to write to me with your concerns about SB941. While I do not agree with all the concerns, I respect your right to raise them and do appreciate hearing them. I heard from a great many citizens on both sides of this issue along with all those who testified at the public hearings and the five hour debate yesterday on the floor of the House. I did vote in favor of the bill because I believe it does provide an additional tool for our law enforcement officers as they work on the issue of gun ownership and preventing those from owning them that should not.

John

John Lively

State Representative

District 12

900 Court Street, #488

503-986-1412

My last E-mail to him out of several in the last week. Pretty much a cut and paste from another member here with a bit added at the end but it said it all I think.

I strongly urge you again to Vote NO on SB 941.

· It will criminalize citizens who loan firearms to friends for temporary use

· It will criminalize citizens who temporarily transfer possession to others for the safety of themselves or others

· It will overload a system which is already rife with glitches,errors,slow-downs and produces unnecessary delays and false denials

· It is labeled an emergency where none exists

· If over 80% of Oregonians are really for this Bill, let the people Vote on it! Don't rely on Bloomberg manipulated Poll numbers.

Let's see here.
They also live just great in k-mart signs as well. In college, one of my neighbors for almost two years was a granola hippy who was very active in those logging protests. He admitted they didn't give a bubblegum about the owls and that they were not in danger, but that it was a vehicle to shut-down logging thru the environmental laws.

I'm still wondering what would happen if the gun-stores refuse to offer private-private sale services. No one can sell or buy used guns? Wouldn't that be a 2nd infringement by the state dictating that we can only exercise our rights in a way that cannot be exercised? Similar to the DC ban being lifted, but the new rules still essentially being a ban?

Last Edited:
I agree with triggers97, if all FFL's denied providing backround checks on guns that weren't sold through the store, we should be able to claim there's no way to exercise our guaranteed 2nd amendment rights. We need some attorney to think about this one. :s0025:

I agree with triggers97, if all FFL's denied providing backround checks on guns that weren't sold through the store, we should be able to claim there's no way to exercise our guaranteed 2nd amendment rights. We need some attorney to think about this one. :s0025:

Lets hope the NRA allocates some of our donations to look this situation over then.

Well I am doing it no matter what people say, there is no other way to be heard. People give lots of lip service about standing up for our rights ( not including you deaf) but when there is a fight they back off. Peacefully with holding your money from those who abuse power is the best way to confront them in my opinion. Any ya'll got a better plan then bring it forward.o_O

If you own any land, you might want to look into planting some cherry trees or filberts and trying to get zoned as farmland, I don't think it's easy, in fact I think it's really hard. But significantly lower taxes and I believe you can burn any day of the year.

if all FFL's denied providing backround checks on guns that weren't sold through the store, we should be able to claim there's no way to exercise our guaranteed 2nd amendment rights.
I have a great Idea - the state should assign liquor stores the additional duty of providing BGCs. I mean then they would have a 2nd job to perform after handing a bottle of booze to a person and taking their money.

I have a great Idea - the state should assign liquor stores the additional duty of providing BGCs. I mean then they would have a 2nd job to perform after handing a bottle of booze to a person and taking their money.

Or, maybe they could have them done in a courthouse or a police station. That way once all the bad-guys line up to get their background checks, they could just arrest them right there. :confused:

Let's see here.
Polar bears aren't in danger, Go north and find out if they don't move from seals to caribou.
Believing that unsubstantiated fairy tale costs Oregonians MPG with alcohol fuel, made from food.
A 25 year-old vet. Means you volunteered, as I did. And like me, you get no sympathy for being stupid.

As someone that's relatively involved within the Veteran community, work in a VA hospital, I'm surprised by this. All vets that I come into contact with (WW2-present) typically try to be cool with each other. Joining the armed forces is not a stupid decision. It's a decision us "poor kids" have to make to go to school. Misdirected patriotism was part of it. Now I believe in love country/don't love politicians.

Fairy tale? okay man

Btw funny what some people say online. Takes a lot of courage and masculinity to call people names with little fear of repercussion. Also worth noting that no one has ever called me names when we're out of phone service in person.

Let's see here.

Yup. Folks take these premises as true and they're stuck in a framed argument of which there isn't a way to win. http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=19900828&slug=1090113

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top