JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am not an lawyer.
My best understanding of the passing of a law in this state is that it goes into effect 90 days after the signing of the law.
The emergency portion of this infringement, I believe, was only to circumvent the normal process of the law that would have placed the infringement before us "the people" for a vote.

Just because someone says emergency , does not make it true.
there was not a state of emergency due to disaster, and lying inside of an act within a bill does not make it true.

Their actions have and are an abuse of public trust.

The Demoncrats used the emergency clause to fast track ie railroad the bill through the system so that the opposition would not have much time to rally support against the bill. Next time any of you feel the urge to vote for a Demoncrat please shoot yourself in the foot first! Thank you:confused:

The Demoncrats used the emergency clause to fast track ie railroad the bill through the system so that the opposition would not have much time to rally support against the bill. Next time any of you feel the urge to vote for a Demoncrat please shoot yourself in the foot first! Thank you:confused:

Wrong place for the shot. At least do that tight..... the head !

So after reading the bill again, it sure appears that it takes effect 90 days after signing (today)

Time to quit point the D R finger and take back our government... boycott

Wood Worker said it rignt, "I'm not a lawyer" but this thing was put together by lawyers. They know the loopholes and the way around due process. Our side needs a lawyer that can put together a solid court case and challenge this up to the Oregon Supreme Court. That's about our only hope of getting any justice out of this. If that effort were to be successful, then those that put this bill forward should be prosecuted for violating the law. Unfortunately, we all know that ain't gonna happen.
So after reading the bill again, it sure appears that it takes effect 90 days after signing (today)

I just got an alert from the NRA and they say it goes into effect 90 day after signing. Until that is cast in stone you had best watch your arse.

Called the Oregon chamber of commerce and had a nice talk with the woman in charge. She took all the information and will speak to their lobbyist.

I am now officially an outlaw. Thank you liberals and liberal sympathizers. Aren't those politicians supposed to work for the people of this state? Country? How is this going to keep guns away from the criminals again?
I've never posted/ ranted before but as a veteran and patriot, I've never been so disappointed in the system.

Semper Fi,
Outlaw of the state of Oregon

The antis only think they have won. Whether we like it or not the antis are used to working as a mindless team. We gun owners tend to be individuals that can think for ourselves. This is good but we need to team up more. If we don't the zombies will win. Personally I may be wrong but I think we need to go after the Emergency clause. It was clearly abused in this case as widespread loss of life or property clearly doesn't apply here. Can we get ahold of the good lawmakers and get a constitutional amendment to prevent abuse and then these bills would have to be put on the ballot where we would have a much better chance of getting these attacks defeated. I'm just thinking.

Grumpy Old Grandpa

Time to quit point the D R finger and take back our government... boycott

I am now officially an outlaw. Thank you liberals and liberal sympathizers. Aren't those politicians supposed to work for the people of this state? Country? How is this going to keep guns away from the criminals again?
I've never posted/ ranted before but as a veteran and patriot, I've never been so disappointed in the system.

Semper Fi,
Outlaw of the state of Oregon

Part of being an "R" in Oregon is sympathizing with the Liberals, as long as you get a say in it:

https://www.oregonlegislature.gov/h...Mike McLane On Signing Of Senate Bill 941.pdf

It's not gonna help guns away from criminals. Criminals don't buy/sell/trade guns like us citizens. They have their own methods, and they won't change their ways because of 941. So why would we need to budget for more police? To manage the new criminal threat of formerly law-abiding citizens who will refuse this infringement.

Grandpa, I don't speak "lawyer" but I hope you are right. My issue is how did this pass? Even my kids don't understand how a bill like this can be enforced. This bill would not have prevented the Sandy Hook, Aurora theater or the Clackamas TC shootings. Those that conform because they are law abiding citizens will be the first ones to have their doors knocked on. This is the first step in losing your rights to gun ownership. Registration and then confiscation follows. I've made my choice and I know that I am not alone. I'm not saying that I would break an unconstitutional law, I'm just saying. "....against all enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC" comes to mind. I'm not crazy, just angry.

1.jpg
Oregon's Only No Compromise Gun Rights Organization

Today, unelected Democrat Governor Kate Brown, who replaced disgraced Democrat Governor John Kitzhaber, ignored the will of the people, the counties, and the sheriffs and signed into law SB 941, the universal gun owner registration bill.

Today we also received an email from another sheriff who said he will not enforce it.

As you know, the bill contains so many dangerous provisions, we cannot possibly list them all. The parts of the bill outlawing the private transfer of guns, storing firearms for friends, neighbors or persons in need of safekeeping, along with the prohibition on providing firearms to persons who are in danger, take effect immediately.

If you store a firearm for a friend, or lend one to a neighbor without first taking the gun to a gun dealer and asking for police permission, you will be a criminal.

Yes, this is a tremendous setback for gun owners. We cannot deny that. However, please do not think this is over.

We urge you to defy this sinister attack on your rights. We urge you to refuse to comply.

In the coming days we are going to ask for your most generous support in our fight to respond to this unconstitutional outrage. Please stay tuned.

My friends, this battle has only just begun.

Don't despair. Subvert.

As you know there are recalls underway for three of the people who helped pass this attack your rights. There will be more in the future. Please do all you can to support these efforts.

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

KATU news reported tonight that the new bill requiring background checks is only for handguns.
One of their reporters was in a Hillsboro gun store and the store owner was stating that he couldn't let potential customers handle a gun until they were cleared by a background check.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top