JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This does not surprise me at all. Many seem to think Texas was the poster child for lenient gun laws in the past. Not close to true. They just passed open carry and permitless concealed carry last year. They have laws where private parties can post that you cannot have a gun..but there are different laws for open carry and concealed carry. And then bars, or even restaurants that make more than half their income from alcohol. It was so confusing when I was there earlier this year that, sadly, my gun stayed in the lock box in the car. I started eating in establishment that didn't have signs.

Until last year the LTC (license to carry) class was pretty involved and required a live fire qualification. If you set the way back machine to only about 8 years ago, Oregon was paradise compared to Texas for gun laws. Sadly, this has switched.

To the point of the article, it goes back to people should get more training but not be mandated by government. Dangerous freedom > peaceful slavery and all. I do see glimmers of hope with people though. This weekend we had the pleasure of leading a group in a carry class that was much longer than required. They were all sponges (in a good way) soaking up as much as they could and asking great questions. For several, they had already taken a class but did not feel they received enough information to comfortably carry yet. I admire when folks take this level of responsibility and let them know it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top