JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
To be fair you're not really boycotting if you're still living here and paying taxes.

It's a matter of knowing how money works, if you stop buying alcohol for instance. State gets no money and store gets no money to pay taxes on. Store owner has less money so he spends less, the people he buys from get less so they pay less taxes. Don't buy a hunting and fishing lic and the state gets no money plus you don't spend money hunting and fishing so there is no commerce for the state to tax.

That's not a boycott is my point. You're calling on people to boycott Oregon and that you are doing so as well. Boycotting is not doing and social or commercial business. You're just giving up a few things that you can live without to take those dollars out of the hands of the state. Chances are those dollars will be spent elsewhere anyway and the state will get their cut.

That's not a boycott is my point. You're calling on people to boycott Oregon and that you are doing so as well. Boycotting is not doing and social or commercial business. You're just giving up a few things that you can live without to take those dollars out of the hands of the state. Chances are those dollars will be spent elsewhere anyway and the state will get their cut.

You have to live so you can't ask a person to give up all commerce. I am saying try to target your spending where it hurts the state government the most.

State runs on money so if you want them to have less power then take away the money. Let them know you are unhappy by not buying the things they get money from. Buy booze in legal amounts from other state, when pot comes on line don't buy from Oregon. Just think before you buy as to how much is going to the state.
OMG....how many time you going to write that ?

if you could selectively take money away from certain agencies in the state then ok, maybe

But you cant, if you got your wish tomorrow, how many houses and how many forests would burn down this summer because there were no people to fight that fire, because you were mad about this and couldn't find a better way ......that's just one thing that could happen before the year was out....State protects all private land and forests in this state

I can think of 100 reasons your idea is stupid and about 5 reasons why its not stupid

OMG....how many time you going to write that ?

if you could selectively take money away from certain agencies in the state then ok, maybe

But you cant, if you got your wish tomorrow, how many houses and how many forests would burn down this summer because there were no people to fight that fire, because you were mad about this and couldn't find a better way ......that's just one thing that could happen before the year was out....State protects all private land and forests in this state

I can think of 100 reasons your idea is stupid and about 5 reasons why its not stupid

Well first I don't feel my boycott is stupid because it is the only way to fight back peacefully. Voting does not work. Tell me if you will what is the answer? I understand the fear of what a boycott can do and so do the law makers, that is why it's an effective tool.

The only way to win this fight is on the OFFENSIVE. :s0042:
We, the people of Oregon, must create pro gun bills, get them voted on, and passed into law.
Waiting on the defense is reactionary and accomplishes too little, too late.
It is very difficult to repeal the anti laws once passed.

They are like the Terminator. They do not care. They will not stop until they take it all.
And they have way more money than all of us combined. :mad:

Anyway. We can go round and round about a boycott. I think it's effort misplaced. That's all

It's the fight I choose, people will join in or sit back and watch. The end result is up to the people, what ever happens I am doing my best to fight back as I see no other way.

all bills of sale will be forever dated 5/3/15......cant do that, no sale

Yeah all they accomplished was to create a new underground.
My bet is a red dawn will be more about an enemy within vs one from outside.
The left is a very self deluded, selfish group of control freaks that are writing their own eventual doom. There are only so many straws that people can or will bear. Time will tell.......

The anti,s read all this, sit back and laugh.
Keep your business to yourself, private and just do what you do. Non information drives em nuts even more than they already are.
Private activity blackout time..... hint !

Well first I don't feel my boycott is stupid because it is the only way to fight back peacefully. Voting does not work. Tell me if you will what is the answer? I understand the fear of what a boycott can do and so do the law makers, that is why it's an effective tool.
look man, I understand exactly where you are coming from but I see you cutting off your nose to spite your face......
you would have the entire state infrastructure breakdown so you can somehow get back at someone in politics who did something you and a bunch of us don't like......get a clue dude, you will not at all affect the politicians buy not buying whisky.....a million people will not.
You will however put the whisky company out of business and put the hurt on a bunch of low level people actually trying their best to do a good job for YOU and the people of Oregon trying to make a life that have nothing and had nothing to do with the current situation

your idea would harm more innocent people than it will help

if your ok with that then you are worse than the enemy

With all of the counties passing ordinances, sheriffs speaking up, etc. why don't they all just publicly say "the police and deputies of this county will not enforce this law"? Realize that it is police that start virtually all state actions against people. It's not valid to say "just following orders" and disagree with the orders. The politicians aren't out there enforcing their ramrodded laws.

Contact your local gun stores an encourage them to refuse to perform SB-941 background checks. Boycott the stores that use SB-941 to line their pockets.

If we can make SB-941 background checks impossible to perform it'll piss of the gun owners that supported this bill, show that it is ineffective, and give people a defense in court if they get charged with a violation.

look man, I understand exactly where you are coming from but I see you cutting off your nose to spite your face......
you would have the entire state infrastructure breakdown so you can somehow get back at someone in politics who did something you and a bunch of us don't like......get a clue dude, you will not at all affect the politicians buy not buying whisky.....a million people will not.
You will however put the whisky company out of business and put the hurt on a bunch of low level people actually trying their best to do a good job for YOU and the people of Oregon trying to make a life that have nothing and had nothing to do with the current situation

your idea would harm more innocent people than it will help

if your ok with that then you are worse than the enemy

I am glad you see the power of a boycott. Everything will be affected and those in power will have to answer for it. Voters will get hurt but they should have paid better attention to who they voted for.

Understand the state has no qualms about destroying your life, they destroyed many thousands of jobs and businesses for the spotted owl. You may have missed that event but it was like a state boycott of forest products.

You make it sound as if it's just about sb941, it isnt. It is about what is to follow and they have the power to make life ugly. You may not want to fight back, that is your priveledge. Just some of us know there is no way to win voting

The biggest boycott would be to not own or minimize "property". Property taxes in Oregon make up the lions share of funding government and their voting union workers.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top