JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
SB 941 passed. It is terrible, I am pissed and saddened. I will also fully support any efferts, petitions, recalls, etc...

*BUT* what does this mean for everyday life?

-Sounds like I can no longer give a firearm as a gift to my wife? We live in the same house and share assets... It it were not a firearm, we would both own it. How will this work now???

-Seller and Buyer will have to go to a gun shop for a used firearm purchase. Let's say Buyer gets delayed. Who keeps the firearm? The Seller or the Gun Shop? Does this go into the gun shops bound book?

Please help us understand.

I live under i-594, here the gun shop logs it, and if the buyer gets delayed the shop holds it until it's released. I had this happen a couple times I just take my money and go. (im the seller)They wait. If anything happens the shop will call you. Its a pain but really but that bad.

Enjoy the registration lime I have. Go to rally's, do anything you can... Then a few months later you give up and go on about your life. This is a unenforceable law. (until they come for you guns)

I live under i-594, here the gun shop logs it, and if the buyer gets delayed the shop holds it until it's released. I had this happen a couple times I just take my money and go. (im the seller)They wait. If anything happens the shop will call you. Its a pain but really but that bad.

Enjoy the registration lime I have. Go to rally's, do anything you can... Then a few months later you give up and go on about your life. This is a unenforceable law. (until they come for you guns)

It is bad, its another imposition that they want you to have, to slow you down, make you finally decide its not worth it, then, you give up your guns for some type of coupons at the local store. Then, they eventually come for the rest of the guns, maybe a long time, could be a short time who knows. The GOOD thing, it might really change some voters minds on who and what they will vote for in the future. Lets turn this state RED

I am wondering about the probable 75 or more % who DON'T know about this, not 'net savvy or don't watch/listen to the news. How many FTF deals will still happen by those who simply don't know about it.

I am wondering about the probable 75 or more % who DON'T know about this, not 'net savvy or don't watch/listen to the news. How many FTF deals will still happen by those who simply don't know about it.

As many Republicans that spoke on the House floor today said, this is a bill that cannot be enforced and has violated the rules of the system by use of the 'emergency' clause. More than 50% of Oregon County Sheriffs have also stated that they will not enforce this law. When those that are employed to enforce the law refuse to, there is a problem.

This law will not last. It will be declared unconstitutional for in which the way it came to be. I would guess that fewer than 1% of the population even knows of it. When you enact a law that nobody is aware of, the law cannot be followed.

It is bad, its another imposition that they want you to have, to slow you down, make you finally decide its not worth it, then, you give up your guns for some type of coupons at the local store. Then, they eventually come for the rest of the guns, maybe a long time, could be a short time who knows. The GOOD thing, it might really change some voters minds on who and what they will vote for in the future. Lets turn this state RED

Ill never give up, I suspect it'll all go away next time we get a vote and ill be able to sell my stuff to a nice guy in the Safeway parking lot again. As for now I follow the law.

Unfortunately I'm on this site so there goes my plausible deniability excuse

As many Republicans that spoke on the House floor today said, this is a bill that cannot be enforced and has violated the rules of the system by use of the 'emergency' clause. More than 50% of Oregon County Sheriffs have also stated that they will not enforce this law. When those that are employed to enforce the law refuse to, there is a problem.

This law will not last. It will be declared unconstitutional for in which the way it came to be. I would guess that fewer than 1% of the population even knows of it. When you enact a law that nobody is aware of, the law cannot be followed.

I hope your right on your reversal, but out here in Colorado they are still trying to remove the stain of Bloomberg's influence and the laws that group payed to get shoved through and into law. There has been plenty of support to reverse or amend the unconstitutional and unenforceable laws and even recalls on a few of the commies ( i mean PROGRESSIVES sorry) but still no change........why the idiots re-elected the douche that signed the laws is beyond me (I'd call it rigged, but our whole system is I fear).

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top