Oregon Sb 604

Reactions
I already have a permit it's called the United States constitution specifically the second Amendment.

I also have my mother may I state required pass to carry concealed. Is that good enough or should I also have to take your "training" courses to obtain a permit you'll probably put a yearly renewal upon with some outlandish fee all while delaying it because of covid requirements.

No thanks!

Last edited:

2Wheels4Ever

Reactions
Unless the Republicans can manage a few more walkouts, Oregon is set to be one of the most restricted states for the 2A. We narrowly dodged the bills a couple years ago. Mandatory locks, mag bans, semi auto bans, 1 gun/month, no online ammo sales, and more are all coming our way. Buckle up boys, it's going to be a bumpy ride.

Soli

Reactions
I don't get it, most of us already pay for a background check...
Culture war.

Change something to be more difficult to do, it fades from the culture. New people don't adopt those ways. Old hands may do it, but less often. It can happen 'naturally'. It can also be engineered. It's the long game, but in the end effective.

They're playing the long game. Have been for a while.

The long game is hard.

kbf64

Reactions
Correct, as I understand it this means all purchases requiring a background check will now also require a permit. I sell you my AKM and we meet at the FFL. A background check is done so therefore you must also possess a valid permit before the transfer can occur.
sounds good, when can we meet for the AK sale?

Reactions
As a reminder, there's a thread with all current Oregon firearm bills (including the OP bill):
Be sure to contact your legislators and whomever else to stop the bad ones (which is most of them).

Last edited:
Calling my rep and senator.

Be extra sure to do so if you live in a D controlled area.
So my representative give me nothing but lip service and then goes ahead and toes the demoncrat line. My state senator has never responded back, never, not once... But that’s how Chick Reilly is, he’s a Bloomberg/Soros puppet...

UPCOMING EVENTS

Project Appleseed
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show 2021 show is cancelled
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA
22 Rimfire Challenge
Redmond Rod and Gun Club
Redmond, OR 97756, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Great FFL Gun Transfers.
    Last Saturday morning. Me & the wife bought a pistol from another great Northwestfirearm's member. Meet up A Cut Above pawn shop. Wife had a...
  • TJ Gun Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    TJ Gun Sales
    Needed some sights for a Glock 19. Found them here for a good price and free install. :)
  • Advanced Firearms Training
    2.00 star(s)
    Good in some ways, not in others
    The shop itself has a great selection from milsurp to modern, which we rarely see much of anymore. What rubbed me the wrong way is when doing...
  • A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Great for Transfers
    Very friendly, likable crew, for example the pocket watch guy is knowledgeable about collectibles and always great to banter with while waiting...
  • A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    About 8 years with these people
    I am stuck on them; always good service, nice people, and regardless of staff changes, treat me very nicely. I am pretty sure I have been doing...
Top Bottom