JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Adding this expense to owning guns is just another method of discouragement. It's one thing to make people fill out forms and endure waiting times. It's another to make them pay for a right. Which over time could run into real money. Once insurance companies get involved, how much it may cost is limited only by their corporate imaginations. I don't see the Warshington State Insurance Commission getting involved in regulating these rates.

Oh here it comes, for the economically disadvantaged, there will be a special fund for free insurance paid for by carbon credits money.

This year's legislative session is the short 60 day one. Which works against enactment. But puts it on the books for re-introduction in a future session. One other thing, if there is any lobby in the state that has some heft, it's the insurance industry. And I doubt if they would look upon this favorably. They would probably fight it since it introduces a new angle of risk. If enacted, of course they would try to squeeze as much juice out of the lemon as possible.

For some reason I found this a litttle suspicious, and wondered if a sponsor or sponsors of this garbage bill have any potentially conflicting interets. Patty Kuderer is apparently running for state insurance commissioner.

https://www.pattykuderer.com/

Edit. Apparently the other twerp sponsoring this POS represents my district (46th, Lake Forest Park). Super. I am sure he will be happy to receive my cordial correspondence

Last Edited:
1704648692134.png

So the sponsor of the bill might become the next insurance commissioner…..there's no way that she would be motivated to push rates for that required insurance as high as possible….

I don't agree with the mandate to require insurance, but do agree it is a good idea. I have CCW insurance, but would rather try to convince people it is a good idea (and cheap, too) vs. require it. I personally do not trust the legal system to do what is right in the unfortunate case I would need to use a firearm, and want that layer of protection (or at least the illusion, makes me feel better). I am in Oregon so don't yet have to deal with it directly to be transparent

I don't agree with the mandate to require insurance, but do agree it is a good idea. I have CCW insurance, but would rather try to convince people it is a good idea (and cheap, too) vs. require it. I personally do not trust the legal system to do what is right in the unfortunate case I would need to use a firearm, and want that layer of protection (or at least the illusion, makes me feel better). I am in Oregon so don't yet have to deal with it directly to be transparent
IDK, the likelihood of ever needing it is slim to none. I mean, I fly commercial airline quite a bit and I don't rock a parachute. Maybe I should after the Alaska airlines incident.

IDK, the likelihood of ever needing it is slim to none. I mean, I fly commercial airline quite a bit and I don't rock a parachute. Maybe I should after the Alaska airlines incident.
I actually totally agree. I pay like $30/month, and they cover legal fees and what not. I'm sure there are many specifics that need met before it kicks in, but if I have to go to court, even if found not guilty, I would likely lose everything I have just in legal fees. At least now I have a chance of that not happening. And for the cost of half a tank of gas or a half of a dinner, it is worth it in my book. Even if I saved that ~$30/month the savings would not touch legal fees. I might be off, but it's my thought process at least.

I do have life insurance (work, personal, etc.) for a plane crash, so my family will be taken care of. That is really what this is all about, protecting them initially from a threat and secondarily from the legal system. Or at least my best try

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top