JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A person who owns a firearm shall obtain and continuously9 maintain in full force and effect a residential dwelling policy from an insurer that is authorized to do business in this state, covering losses or damages resulting from the accidental or unintentional discharge of the firearm including, but not limited to, death or injury to persons who are not an insured person under the policy and property damage.

A person who owns a firearm shall obtain and continuously9 maintain in full force and effect a residential dwelling policy from an insurer that is authorized to do business in this state, covering losses or damages resulting from the accidental or unintentional discharge of the firearm including, but not limited to, death or injury to persons who are not an insured person under the policy and property damage.

Lol, isn't it illegal in Washington for insurance companies to provide coverage for shootings?

They're copying this from San Jose, CA.

A restaurant needs food to sell, otherwise customers won't have incentive to hand over money.

Politicians need to offer something to entice votes from voters. Now that they sold the mag ban and "AW" ban, they need to market something to their anti-freedom voters. This is the latest dish they're putting on the menu. It will never stop.

Funny......I don't remember reading that in the second amendment

Requiring you to buy private insurance to exercise a Constitutional Right.

Perhaps if we required everyone to have private insurance to be allowed to vote, it would make people more responsible?

Requiring you to buy private insurance to exercise a Constitutional Right.

Perhaps if we required everyone to have private insurance to be allowed to vote, it would make people more responsible?
Didn't we already go through this with Obamacare (minus the Constitutional Right bit) with the personal mandate? IIRC, that didn't end well for the personal mandate.

Lol, isn't it illegal in Washington for insurance companies to provide coverage for shootings?
So there ya go, way down south in Oregon remembering something that the simpletons in Olympia can't seem to recall. Thanks to the WA Insurance Commissioner (and cronies in high places), Washington residents cannot buy insurance from the likes of US Concealed Carry Association.

It doesn't end there, though; thanks to that insurance commissioner's diligence (not to be confused with intelligence), my own household liability carrier was extorted into eliminating coverage for any injury suffered by others if I use (otherwise lawful) force in defense of self or others.

IOW, the State wants to mandate that I have liability insurance to buy a firearm; however, the state has already made it impossible for anyone to offer that (mandatory) insurance to me.

So there ya go, way down south in Oregon remembering something that the simpletons in Olympia can't seem to recall. Thanks to the WA Insurance Commissioner (and cronies in high places), Washington residents cannot buy insurance from the likes of US Concealed Carry Association.

It doesn't end there, though; thanks to that insurance commissioner's diligence (not to be confused with intelligence), my own household liability carrier was extorted into eliminating coverage for any injury suffered by others if I use (otherwise lawful) force in defense of self or others.

IOW, the State wants to mandate that I have liability insurance to buy a firearm; however, the state has already made it impossible for anyone to offer that (mandatory) insurance to me.
Makes complete sense to me....glad they are thinking straight up there

They're copying this from San Jose, CA.

A restaurant needs food to sell, otherwise customers won't have incentive to hand over money.

Politicians need to offer something to entice votes from voters. Now that they sold the mag ban and "AW" ban, they need to market something to their anti-freedom voters. This is the latest dish they're putting on the menu. It will never stop.
Very true indeed. Heck, our AWB was copied from the CA AWB in their books and then did the IL play with the emergency clause to make 1639 go into effect once signed into law. What an absolute screw.

We taking bets?
Sadly my money is on this will still not be enough from what I have seen so far. Since if they do pass this we will see gun owners "who just found out" a year or more later. They will rant and stomp, and scream, asking why no one stopped this. All we can do is wait and see what it takes to finally piss off a lot of gun owners enough to bother. :(

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top