JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Screenshot 2024-01-17 at 5.29.14 AM.png

None of the gun laws apply to criminals. But as someone with kids, and someone who takes their kids out often to zoo's and parks I'm glad it's been clarified at least.
Indeed they don't. Even if it did apply to CPL holders would it stop you from making sure you and your family are protected when out and about...

Somewhat rhetorical question. Don't expect you to answer that on a public forum.

Nvm just had to read the substitute bill. So they did clarify it doesn't apply those with CPL.

Yup, looks like they added this to the Substitute Bill (ie., latest draft of the proposed Legislation):

(13) Subsection (1)(f), (g), (h), (i), and (j) of this section does not apply to a person licensed to carry a concealed firearm pursuant to RCW 9.41.070.

If it does pass with this amendment they'll push to remove the exemption next year.

Even my pro-freedom representatives are not responding to my messages this year.

Unfortunately, SB 5444 continues to move forward.

A snippet from the second Senate Bill Report:

Summary of Bill (Second Substitute):
  • The following locations are added to the list of designated places at which it is a gross misdemeanor for any person to enter while knowingly possessing a weapon:
  • public libraries;
  • zoos or aquariums accredited by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums or the Zoological Association of America; and
  • transit stations or transit facilities including all passenger facilities, structures, stops, shelters, bus zones, and other properties owned, leased held, or used by a transit authority for the purpose of providing public transportation services.

These prohibitions do not apply to individuals who maintain a valid conceal carry license, correctional personnel, or the activities of color guards and honor guards, including staging and logistical requirements, related to burial or internment ceremonies.

Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 5.36.45 AM.png

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top