JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I already have a permit it's called the United States constitution specifically the second Amendment.

I also have my mother may I state required pass to carry concealed. Is that good enough or should I also have to take your "training" courses to obtain a permit you'll probably put a yearly renewal upon with some outlandish fee all while delaying it because of covid requirements.

No thanks!

Last Edited:
Unless the Republicans can manage a few more walkouts, Oregon is set to be one of the most restricted states for the 2A. We narrowly dodged the bills a couple years ago. Mandatory locks, mag bans, semi auto bans, 1 gun/month, no online ammo sales, and more are all coming our way. Buckle up boys, it's going to be a bumpy ride.

I don't get it, most of us already pay for a background check...
Culture war.

Change something to be more difficult to do, it fades from the culture. New people don't adopt those ways. Old hands may do it, but less often. It can happen 'naturally'. It can also be engineered. It's the long game, but in the end effective.

They're playing the long game. Have been for a while.

The long game is hard.

I don't get it, most of us already pay for a background check...

Correct, as I understand it this means all purchases requiring a background check will now also require a permit. I sell you my AKM and we meet at the FFL. A background check is done so therefore you must also possess a valid permit before the transfer can occur.

Correct, as I understand it this means all purchases requiring a background check will now also require a permit. I sell you my AKM and we meet at the FFL. A background check is done so therefore you must also possess a valid permit before the transfer can occur.

sounds good, when can we meet for the AK sale?

As a reminder, there's a thread with all current Oregon firearm bills (including the OP bill):
Be sure to contact your legislators and whomever else to stop the bad ones (which is most of them).

Last Edited:
Thank goodness the Counties with 2A Sanctuary ordinances don't have to worry about this nonsense. We can just head over to one of those counties to do our FFL transfers with out a State Permit.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top