JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The currently adapted version of HB 2005 does not contain the 3 day hold.

There are some very convoluted implementation dates for different sections of 2005. TBH, will need to produce a flow chart to to show what goes into effect, and when for the different sections. For much of the serialization portion on existing frames and receivers, including AR platform upper receivers, it will take effect July 1 of 2024. It's not clear how it works for new sales or importation, but will dig deeper into those sections.

I'm still working on how to interpret the possession of 80% frames and receivers already owned. I believe thy will be illegal to import, buy or sell immediately but not sure what happens to those you already own.

With a proper flow chart, all actions and circumstances will result in a F* You to law abiding citizens. Criminals will simply continue as they have always done and steal, possess, and use whatever they want.

Last Edited:
The currently adapted version of HB 2005 does not contain the 3 day hold.

There are some very convoluted implementation dates for different sections of 2005. TBH, will need to produce a flow chart to to show what goes into effect, and when for the different sections. For much of the serialization portion on existing frames and receivers, including AR platform upper receivers, it will take effect July 1 of 2024. It's not clear how it works for new sales or importation, but will dig deeper into those sections.

I'm still working on how to interpret the possession of 80% frames and receivers already owned. I believe thy will be illegal to import, buy or sell immediately but not sure what happens to those you already own.

With a proper flow chart, all actions and circumstances will result in a F* You to law abiding citizens. Criminals will simply continue as they have always done and steal, possess, and use whatever they want.
Maybe it's time to start playing for the other team, minus the stealing, of course.

100% agree with this. Firearm prices are generally cheap right now, get what you can, while you can.
I don't know that I agree that the prices are "cheap". I've been rather taken aback by the retail prices and the prices people ask for their guns here compared to what I paid just a few years ago or even more recently. I understand that inflation has hit everything, but when I see a gun MSRP (or asking price) of 50-100% more than what I paid for it, I can't think it is all due to inflation.

OTOH - I see a few guns going for about the same price; e.g., I noticed Five Sevens (not the latest mod) going for about the same $ amount as 5 years ago - yes, I am sure this is due to the new mod, so they are clearing out the stock. I've noticed some others - but many seem higher priced.

Overall it makes me very glad I got what I wanted/needed when I could (not that I don't want more, I just don't really need more - so I am very choosy about what I buy if anything - IIRC I've bought only one gun in the past twelve months?).

I don't know that I agree that the prices are "cheap". I've been rather taken aback by the retail prices and the prices people ask for their guns here compared to what I paid just a few years ago or even more recently. I understand that inflation has hit everything, but when I see a gun MSRP (or asking price) of 50-100% more than what I paid for it, I can't think it is all due to inflation.

OTOH - I see a few guns going for about the same price; e.g., I noticed Five Sevens (not the latest mod) going for about the same $ amount as 5 years ago - yes, I am sure this is due to the new mod, so they are clearing out the stock. I've noticed some others - but many seem higher priced.

Overall it makes me very glad I got what I wanted/needed when I could (not that I don't want more, I just don't really need more - so I am very choosy about what I buy if anything - IIRC I've bought only one gun in the past twelve months?).
Trump years were crazy low prices. Given all the threats and inflation we have been facing, we should be seeing Obama Era+ pricing but we are a long ways from that at least for ARs and Tupperware guns.

As for high classified pricing, notice that not much is moving at high prices.

No, it only applies to post 1968 when the gun control act required serialization. There is a stipulation in there for it.
Okay, and sorry if this is a stupid question, but the 12 gauge and 22 bolt action rifle I inherited from my grandfather have no serial numbers or identifying markings because they're from the 1950's IIRC - how am I supposed to prove their age if someone were to ask about it?

Like the "affirmative defense" on the proposed backdated mag ban, it seems pretty difficult and doesn't pass the smell test.

Okay, and sorry if this is a stupid question, but the 12 gauge and 22 bolt action rifle I inherited from my grandfather have no serial numbers or identifying markings because they're from the 1950's IIRC - how am I supposed to prove their age if someone were to ask about it?

Like the "affirmative defense" on the proposed backdated mag ban, it seems pretty difficult and doesn't pass the smell test.
yeah, you are right ... when I asked the sponsors of the bill about this they never replied ... There are obvious ways such as when the model was known to be produced. If it is clearly in that range of dates then you are probably just fine.

I would just assume unless the law says it is an affirmative defense the prosecutor would need to prove it. I think this was restricted for the magazine ban they are working on, but I could have missed it in my reading.

The other option will be to have an FFL serialize it.

I find the whole thing very frustrating and hope as we saw in several other districts it gets tossed.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews