JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ditto this.

The 'Emergency clause' is nothing but a free pass to do whatever they want. It needs to be dramatically limited in it's use with only extreme proof of actual emergencies (under any condition) before it can be used.
100%
Gun legislation needs to be voted on, this "emergency" nonsense should be illegal.

If I understand correctly, 348 is the one with the permit to purchase, but all three bills introduce a waiting period of 3 days from when a BGC clears.
So the FFL cannot release the firearm until BGC clears, then must wait an additional 3 days to actually get the firearm? No more "if BGC takes more than 3 days, FFL may release"?

So the FFL cannot release the firearm until BKG clears, then must wait an additional 3 days to actually get the firearm? No more "if BLG check takes more than 3 days, FFL may release"?
To get the obligatory (dis)qualifier out of the way, I'm no expert but I was under the impression that at least one of these measures is written in a way that requires there be an actual clearing of the BGC with an approval number from the OSP… which does away with the 3-day release entirely (doesn't just turn it into a 6-day release).

To get the obligatory (dis)qualifier out of the way, I'm no expert but I was under the impression that at least one of these measures is written in a way that requires there be an actual clearing of the BGC with an approval number from the OSP… which does away with the 3-day release entirely (doesn't just turn it into a 6-day release).
There will be no more no response releases. FFls will be required to wait for approval. Then wait more days after approval before releasing the firearm. This means nobody will walk with their firearm same day

Thanks. I'm just trying to get a clear and concise explanation in as few words as possible to get across to everyone here exactly what we're up against.

So this looks like this will be the norm for the next 3 to 5 years. I fully expect an Oregon AWB, handgun ban, permit to buy ammunition - before a "health emergency" is called for the actual confiscation of all firearms.

Thanks.

There will be no more no response releases. FFls will be required to wait for approval. Then wait more days after approval before releasing the firearm. This means nobody will walk with their firearm same day
Or the 4th day. I thought there was a federal requirement to release if BGC took more than 3 days? But "states rights", correct?

So is this in effect as of now?
No, these bills have not yet passed. However, if I'm not mistaken, the legislative session doesn't end till 6/25… so they still have plenty of time to make it happen once they've gone through with all of the other ways in which they're ruining the state.

Chiming in here to remind everyone to email your OR house & senate reps to respectfully tell them you are their constituent and you oppose SB 348 A. The more tally's they get in their inboxes against, the more they understand how many of their constituents do not want this legislation to pass. My reps are likely in full support of this, but I still put together a lengthy list of the reasons this should not be considered for passage and sent it to them. Take direct part in the process.

Find your state rep: https://geo.maps.arcgis.com/apps/instant/lookup/index.html?appid=fd070b56c975456ea2a25f7e3f4289d1

Chiming in here to remind everyone to email your OR house & senate reps to respectfully tell them you are their constituent and you oppose SB 348 A. The more tally's they get in their inboxes against, the more they understand how many of their constituents do not want this legislation to pass. My reps are likely in full support of this, but I still put together a lengthy list of the reasons this should not be considered for passage and sent it to them. Take direct part in the process.

Find your state rep: https://geo.maps.arcgis.com/apps/instant/lookup/index.html?appid=fd070b56c975456ea2a25f7e3f4289d1
wrote my district rep

Ditto this.

The 'Emergency clause' is nothing but a free pass to do whatever they want. It needs to be dramatically limited in it's use with only extreme proof of actual emergencies (under any condition) before it can be used.
Especially with the recent lack of public input/testimony on the bills - referendum is designed for that misconduct.

So, being that I've been offloading and not loading up.

Has the axe dropped yet?

Or is there still time to buy one last thing?

This legislation will do nothing to block access to guns. Everything can be made, at home, by the average gang banger. A motivated 12 year old can make a machine gun-complete with barrel and bolt. The knowledge is in the wild now.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews