JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The have to get that registration of all guns in place first.
"All guns" aren't even necessary. All they have to do is get each gun owner in the registry, by any means. All it takes is having one firearm on record teling them which door to knock on. If you believe they will leave all your other firearms alone and only take the one listed on the registry... I've got some bad news for you.;)

That's why compliance to any registration regulation in any form for any firearm is so dangerous. They'll all be scooped up in the same net. IE., Jumping on the pistol brace rule before absolutely necessary.

Make one known to the gooberment, you're ratting them all out.🤪

I took another look at SB 348 and see that Section 10 of 348 mirrors M114 in the magazine ban portions. That means that anyone purchasing standard capacity magazines since December 8th 2022 is now subject to prosecution. Dealers have until around June 1st to get rid of theirs (180 days since Dec 8th).

The question about the TRO protection from Judge Raschio has come up several times. I don't believe those will still apply once the bills become law.

William Kirk of Oregon Gun law has an interesting prediction for April 20th. He thinks that Inslee and company will sign the onerous Washington laws in a big ceremony on April 20th, the anivarsary of Columbine. He predicts that St. Benitez will release his decision shortly thereafter. Will be interesting if that's the case.

The question about the TRO protection from Judge Raschio has come up several times. I don't believe those will still apply once the bills become law.
I tend to agree. Unless an ammendment was filed to include 348's provison on the original order, however, with the judicial authority violation included in 348... restricting any court authority to their bought and paid for bench seat (marion county)... I don't know if that would fly without first challenging the judicial authority restriction.

I wonder if Judge Raschio would be willing to turn the tables, include 348 in his order, file it... then let the state try and fight to enforce the legality of their marion county restriction(?)

I have a feeling some judges are not going to like being told they have no authority to rule on state issues as that authority is specifically granted to them by Oregon law.

Last Edited:
William Kirk of Oregon Gun law has an interesting prediction for April 20th. He thinks that Inslee and company will sign the onerous Washington laws in a big ceremony on April 20th, the anivarsary of Columbine. He predicts that St. Benitez will release his decision shortly thereafter. Will be interesting if that's the case.

Sneaky baastaard... peeking at the national anti orgs reps travel schedules coming to OR on that particular day. Love it!!

It seems to me the provison that requires this law to be challenged in Marion County is unconstitutional on its face and should be challenged in a stand alone lawsuit. It clearly creates an undue hardship that forces citizens who live in remote areas to travel all the way to the capital, at great personal expense, to challenge a law they passed which negatively impacts them in the jurisdiction where they live.

If this craven strategy were allowed to stand, every single law that is passed would have a condition like this. If i were to pass a law i would require everone from Marion County to travel to Malheur to challenge it. Its a stupid idea which destroys the purpose of even having a distributed court system.

It seems to me the provison that requires this law to be challenged in Marion County is unconstitutional on its face and should be challenged in a stand alone lawsuit. It clearly creates an undue hardship that forces citizens who live in remote areas to travel all the way to the capital, at great personal expense, to challenge a law they passed which negatively impacts them in the jurisdiction where they live.

If this craven strategy were allowed to stand, every single law that is passed would have a condition like this. If i were to pass a law i would require everone from Marion County to travel to Malheur to challenge it. Its a stupid idea which destroys the purpose of even having a distributed court system.
Agreed. As jurisdictional law stands in OR citizens are free to file in the resident, offenders or occurance jurisdictions.

IE., Someone T-bones your parked car in Marion county. The driver lives in Multnomah and you live in Malheur. You can file a suit in either Multnomah, Marion or Malheur counties.

Marion county T-boning your 2A rights... good luck fighting jurisdictional law woketards!

IMHO, it's nothing more than building in an additional layer of protection and additional legal costs to be incurred before anyone can attack the law directly(?)

Agreed. As jurisdictional law stands in OR citizens are free to file in the resident, offenders or occurance jurisdictions.

IE., Someone T-bones your parked car in Marion county. The driver lives in Multnomah and you live in Malheur. You can file a suit in either Multnomah, Marion or Malheur counties.

Marion county T-boning your 2A rights... good luck fighting jurisdictional law woketards!

IMHO, it's nothing more than building in an additional layer of protection and additional legal costs to be incurred before anyone can attack the law directly(?)
OTOH - I've seen these warranties & other contracts that say disputes must be handled in X state/etc. - not sure how enforceable those are.

It does make sense though that if there is a state law, that it should be contestable anywhere in the state. Betting the state Supreme Court will see it that way too.

Any new updates? Seems awefully quiet in the past week...
No movement on SB348. It's still in the joint ways and means committee but hasn't been assigned to a subcommittee YET. HB2005 is sitting in Ways & Means , Public Safety subcommittee, waiting for a house vote on 5/2. SB393 is still in the Senate Judiciary committee. SB393 was he one they tried to pass without any public comment. Remember, all three impose the 3-day hold on taking possession of a firearm that you paid for, and the state gave permission for you to purchase. SB348 makes the standard capacity mag ban effective immediately and possibly retroactive to last December.

Dems have been pretty busy ensuring that 10 year olds can have abortions without parental consent, or even notification, making Oregon a destination for free abortions, no matter what part of the world you come from. It also provides for 14 year olds to have chemical castration, hormone blockers and sex change surgeries without parental consent. HB2002-A is the main bill that will take away parental rights. A side note on 2002-A is SJR33. Under this seemingly innocuous change to the Oregon constitution, pregnant women become a protected class, regardless of age. This is how HB 2005 makes Oregon an abortion destination state for anyone, regardless of age or citizenship. By making pregnant women a protected class, children, of any age, can have free abortions without parental consent or notification.

They're also blocking any anti-crime bills backed by Republicans that actually go after criminals instead of attacking law abiding citizens.

We live in a part of the country where 1/5 people struggles with drug or alcohol addiction, way above the national average (samhsa.gov).

That is a lot of soft brains voting and making policy.

Goes to prove the point that.......

Politicians love to throw $#@^ against the wall, just to see what will stick. Hummm.....

Politicians be like......

1682356729787.png

Yeah, Rrrrrright.....
That's a BIG FAIL in my book.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
No movement on SB348. It's still in the joint ways and means committee but hasn't been assigned to a subcommittee YET. HB2005 is sitting in Ways & Means , Public Safety subcommittee, waiting for a house vote on 5/2. SB393 is still in the Senate Judiciary committee. SB393 was he one they tried to pass without any public comment. Remember, all three impose the 3-day hold on taking possession of a firearm that you paid for, and the state gave permission for you to purchase. SB348 makes the standard capacity mag ban effective immediately and possibly retroactive to last December.

Dems have been pretty busy ensuring that 10 year olds can have abortions without parental consent, or even notification, making Oregon a destination for free abortions, no matter what part of the world you come from. It also provides for 14 year olds to have chemical castration, hormone blockers and sex change surgeries without parental consent. HB2002-A is the main bill that will take away parental rights. A side note on 2002-A is SJR33. Under this seemingly innocuous change to the Oregon constitution, pregnant women become a protected class, regardless of age. This is how HB 2005 makes Oregon an abortion destination state for anyone, regardless of age or citizenship. By making pregnant women a protected class, children, of any age, can have free abortions without parental consent or notification.

They're also blocking any anti-crime bills backed by Republicans that actually go after criminals instead of attacking law abiding citizens.
So 348, 393 and 2005 all have the "permit to buy" requirement?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top