JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
received a form email from kim thatcher just a few minutes ago- here is what she says

"Dear Neighbors and Friends,

Thank you for your interest in the 2023 Legislative Session.

The 1st​ Chamber Work Session deadline was on Tuesday, April 4th​. Senate and House Bills that were not voted out of a policy committee by the end of day Tuesday will not be moving forward.

This legislative update includes bills that are still moving through the process. Many bills have been referred to Ways and Means, Rules, or a Joint Committee -- these bills are still alive. It is my understanding that 99% of the bills will not make it out of Ways and Means.

Thank you for the emails you have sent my office expressing your concerns with many bills this legislative session. We have received thousands of emails and they are placed in the proper bill folder to be viewed. Your involvement with this process gets important information to my office.

My desire is to help you know what is happening so you can be engaged and informed.

Thank you,"

whats heartening for me is the paragraph where she states 99% of the bills wont make it out of ways and means. yes, these two horrific bills could, but then, there is a huge chance tina's pet projects for the homeless take a higher priority.
Just sharing what i got
I'll believe it when I see it. I won't say my hope is totally dead.... but it is in a coma on life support, in the ICU burn ward, and the priest is giving it last rites.

The antis are rabid. It would be unwise to believe they would let this go.

I'll believe it when I see it. I won't say my hope is totally dead.... but it is in a coma on life support, in the ICU burn ward, and the priest is giving it last rites.

The antis are rabid. It would be unwise to believe they would let this go.
Agreed. I have met Sen Thatcher and respect her greatly but they are in pure damage control mode now.

In my opinion, no direct info, it would be easier to rig the system. I go with in person voting with proper ID and hand counting the ballots with witnesses.

Jack
The voting system we have works fine, is the people running it that cause problems. As for the 2 party system, history has shown that of all the party systems past and present, the 2 party system it the most pron and susceptible to fraud, corruption and collapse of government. Any government that creates an "us vs them" mentality only has their interest in mind and not yours.

Just a little off-topic, but really not to far~
Did anyone follow those 3 dems in Tennessee who staged that demonstration on the house floor for anti-gun legislation after the recent killings?
2 where ousted from their job. the other came close.
CNN calls this an example of what happens to our system of democracy when one side holds all the power and makes tyrannical decisions.
Kind of made me think of Oregon, Washington and California.
Guess CNN has never heard of us..

Did anyone follow those 3 dems in Tennessee who staged that demonstration on the house floor for anti-gun legislation after the recent killings?
CNN calls this an example of what happens to our system of democracy when one side holds all the power and makes tyrannical decisions.
As long as it's democrats creating tyranny, the MSM will be blind to it. Republicans, conservatives and those on the right have lost all their ability to be heard…. Just look around…

Just look to our own legislature, walkouts was really the only effective tool republicans had, and that was essentially taken away….

I saw the first one got fired, but not the 2nd one. That's good news! All 3 lost their committee seats. Political career tip? Don't stand in front of the house chamber with a blowhorn leading anti-gun protestor chants. Derrrrrr.......

"Acceptance" has gone too far when the woke karen/ken mentality is allowed to fester into all walks of daily life. It's nice to see the Tenn. seat of power remember how to say, "behave yourself or get out!"

On edit: I just saw the 3rd one only kept her job by 1 vote. If that's not a wake up call... but I doubt she's listening.

Last Edited:
I saw the first one got fired, but not the 2nd one. That's good news! All 3 lost their committee seats. Political career tip? Don't stand in front of the house chamber with a blowhorn leading anti-gun protestor chants. Derrrrrr.......

"Acceptance" has gone too far when the woke karen/ken mentality is allowed to fester into all walks of daily life. It's nice to see the Tenn. seat of power remember how to say, "behave yourself or get out!"

On edit: I just saw the 3rd one only kept her job by 1 vote. If that's not a wake up call... but I doubt she's listening.
Entitled, fierce, empowered, arrogance and pride....

It is the potent drug cocktail of delusional stupidity at the heart of the whole woke agenda. It is interesting to see a few Dems open their eyes to the self destructive nature of wokeness and back away. Unfortunately for the rest, (like those ousted in Tennessee) they are heading full speed for an overdose. We can only hope they destroy themselves before they destroy what is left of the country...

Unfortunately, Oregon seems to be in love with all forms of abhorrent, addictive behavior, and is directly injecting the kool-aid. I'm not sure anyone in Salem or Portland has the intelligence or clarity to stop this train wreck. And they sure as heck aren't listening to us.

Sadly, I am giving serious thought to my exit strategy...this state is swirling the bowl. :(

Entitled, fierce, empowered, arrogance and pride....

It is the potent drug cocktail of delusional stupidity at the heart of the whole woke agenda. It is interesting to see a few Dems open their eyes to the self destructive nature of wokeness and back away. Unfortunately for the rest, (like those ousted in Tennessee) they are heading full speed for an overdose. We can only hope they destroy themselves before they destroy what is left of the country...

Unfortunately, Oregon seems to be in love with all forms of abhorrent, addictive behavior, and is directly injecting the kool-aid. I'm not sure anyone in Salem or Portland has the intelligence or clarity to stop this train wreck. And they sure as heck aren't listening to us.

Sadly, I am giving serious thought to my exit strategy...this state is swirling the bowl. :(
Here is a post from nextdoor this morning. People have no clue that they have been voting for legal insanity-producing P2P meth, empowering criminals, empowering people to live without working, less prosecution, fewer cops, more laws against cops. They have directly created this situation of ruining our community then they are like "how did this happen?"
948DB60F-70FF-46B3-A3A9-3D9BF27E83F2.jpeg

Here is a post from nextdoor this morning. People have no clue that they have been voting for legal insanity-producing P2P meth, empowering criminals, empowering people to live without working, less prosecution, fewer cops, more laws against cops. They have directly created this situation of ruining our community then they are like "how did this happen?"
View attachment 1399400
Remember, these are people that either, didn't read the bill, never read the bill, only know what someone else told them or voted based on only hearing sound bites.

Remember, these are people that either, do read the bill, never read the bill, only know what someone else told them or voted based on only hearing sound bites.
Agree. Social media only feeds them emotionally charged info that the algorithms know they want to see. Little logical thought, if any, is used. Someone needs to do a study of social media and it's effect on mental health.

I've spoken with several of our conservative senators and representatives, and their staffs. I believe there is a growing groundswell of return to traditional values led by some very intelligent and articulate leaders. It'll take work and more than a few years to change the tide, but I feel confident that it's beginning.

One of the things that needs to happen is to unseat RHINOs in party leadership, starting with Knoop. Second is getting people involved in the future of their children and grandchildren. That includes shaping the kind of world we'll be leaving them.

View attachment 1399400

I've spoken with several of our conservative senators and representatives, and their staffs. I believe there is a growing groundswell of return to traditional values led by some very intelligent and articulate leaders. It'll take work and more than a few years to change the tide, but I feel confident that it's beginning.

One of the things that needs to happen is to unseat RHINOs in party leadership, starting with Knoop. Second is getting people involved in the future of their children and grandchildren. That includes shaping the kind of world we'll be leaving them.
I would like to believe that too, but even among conservatives wokeness has become so common place that it's accepted and people fail to speak out.

Just the other day I had a conversation with my daughter-in-law (who is an elementary school teacher). She had resposted another teachers insights on reading comprehension as noteworthy, and while much of it was, the teachers slipping in of her political leanings and disparaging example of republicans missed her notice as just "common place"(?)

1680891582802.jpeg

When I called her on it, and questioned why she would repost something containing a clear agenda bias, she said that part just hadn't "registered" and commented "you just have to ignore stuff like that". I can sympathize to an extent. They do have to work together and the woke plague in our society is such that anyone speaking out against it is immediately and fiercely lambasted for being bigoted, or antisemitic.... but if we (or she) continues to allow those things to go unchecked they will continue to grow and fester.

It's discouraging to see just how deeply the woke runs.

View attachment 1399400
I have family that says the same thing. They think Brandon and Maxi-pad are doing a great job. But complain about meth heads, homeless camps and crime... Yet they continue to vote for it even after they are shown this. It's either complete denial, brain washing, or brain damage, that would lead a person to continually vote for their own destruction, then wonder why things are so bad. It makes no sense.

I have family that says the same thing. They think Brandon and Maxi-pad are doing a great job. But complain about meth heads, homeless camps and crime... Yet they continue to vote for it even after they are shown this. It's either complete denial, brain washing, or brain damage, that would lead a person to continually vote for their own destruction, then wonder why things are so bad. It makes no sense.
I believe they call that herd mentality. Or blinder vision, like with horses.

"Acceptance" has gone too far when the woke karen/ken mentality is allowed to fester into all walks of daily life. It's nice to see the Tenn seat of power remember how to say, "behave yourself or get out!"
they fired 2. kept one. of course as the 2 fired where young black men and the one kept an older while lady, there are calls of racism already.
My only reason for posting this was to point out how quickly the media is to side with news fitting their own agenda, while same situation of one power totalitarian rule is ignored if the party in power is Blue

they fired 2. kept one. of course as the 2 fired where young black men and the one kept an older while lady, there are calls of racism already.
My only reason for posting this was to point out how quickly the media is to side with news fitting their own agenda, while same situation of one power totalitarian rule is ignored if the party in power is Blue
Exactly. And you can almost feel the mental gymnastics they have to go through to explain away their cognitive dissonance. Sooner or later they will start to cannibalize themselves as they try to out-woke each other in their race to the bottom.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews