JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Think about the folks who use RVs a lot, it would be cheaper to fly than for a snowbird to drag their trailer south. RV sales will still go on because people need a place to live.
The whole airplane ticket vs. gas thing comes up with us quite often.

Airplane tickets seem extremely expensive these days. I live in WA State, I like to take my son back to AZ to watch Suns games and maybe hit up an amusement park on the way. We have a new airport right next to our home, offering non-stop flights to Western cities (Paine Field) I thought "great, this will make travel easier" WRONG. Freaking way too expensive to fly 2 people to AZ. $1200 round trip! And because he has school and I have a job, we can't take the off-peak tickets, which still are over $350 each. Southwest airlines and Spirit, being the typically cheaper options are of no help either. Even going to SeaTac only knocks $100 off, and I need pay for parking or Uber. Then, I need to rent a car in AZ. Those prices have come down to $70/day, but not long ago it was $30/day.

Even at 17 mpg on the highway, my truck is cheaper overall to drive than airplane tickets, and I also have a 25mpg and 50 mpg cars that I could take if I wanted, which would be only $400 in gas round trip at $5/gal. Of course we lose a day each way in driving (I consider a day of flying to be a wasted day, and I can easily drive to AZ in 2 days, it's only 26 hour drive) but we can stop at 6 Flags or KBF along the way.

Remember, airline tickets go up with fuel costs too. I think for RV'ers, you might see them parking in certain places longer than usual and reducing how many places they visit a year, but I doubt they'd choose flying over RV'ing.

Think about the folks who use RVs a lot, it would be cheaper to fly than for a snowbird to drag their trailer south. RV sales will still go on because people need a place to live.
I heard the covid RV boom is already busting. These high gas prices will only make the rv bust worse. It might be a good to pick up an RV soon.

Airplane tickets seem extremely expensive these days. I live in WA State, I like to take my son back to AZ to watch Suns games and maybe hit up an amusement park on the way. We have a new airport right next to our home, offering non-stop flights to Western cities (Paine Field) I thought "great, this will make travel easier" WRONG. Freaking way too expensive to fly 2 people to AZ. $1200 round trip! And because he has school and I have a job, we can't take the off-peak tickets, which still are over $350 each. Southwest airlines and Spirit, being the typically cheaper options are of no help either. Even going to SeaTac only knocks $100 off, and I need pay for parking or Uber. Then, I need to rent a car in AZ. Those prices have come down to $70/day, but not long ago it was $30/day.

Even at 17 mpg on the highway, my truck is cheaper overall to drive than airplane tickets, and I also have a 25mpg and 50 mpg cars that I could take if I wanted, which would be only $400 in gas round trip at $5/gal. Of course we lose a day each way in driving (I consider a day of flying to be a wasted day, and I can easily drive to AZ in 2 days, it's only 26 hour drive) but we can stop at 6 Flags or KBF along the way.

Remember, airline tickets go up with fuel costs too. I think for RV'ers, you might see them parking in certain places longer than usual and reducing how many places they visit a year, but I doubt they'd choose flying over RV'ing.

If you pencil in replacement cost on your vehicle it adds up quickly.

Airplane tickets are dirt cheap right now. I've seen roundtrip flights to Europe for under $400. I booked two international trips for 2022 so far and about to book a third; hotels are historically cheap right now too.

Airplane tickets are dirt cheap right now. I've seen roundtrip flights to Europe for under $400. I booked two international trips for 2022 so far and about to book a third; hotels are historically cheap right now too.
I used to fly round trip to China for $350.

Current prices, that line up with our schedules, are extremely high.

True. But the fact is we're going to be paying higher prices at the gas pump no matter what, and for damned sure I'll feel much better about it if I know I'm paying more to screw the Russians than support their military.
Had this administration not shut down domestic production we'd be singing a fine tune.

img_1_1646614214944.jpg

I give up, let's just get this over with and let the nukes fly. A world ender astroid would be great also. We do not deserve to continue, come on, the dinosaurs were ended for much less.

So instead of restarting US oil production, the mother fing tardos in Washington want to beg the Saudis, Iran, and Venezuela to increase oil production!!!! WHEN WE HAVE IT HERE!

It's a shame we're too big of wussies to honor Thomas Jefferson's wise wisdom

"I hold it, that a little rebellion, now and then, is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical."

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

Jan 6 really wasn't an insurrection, but I sure welcome one.

So instead of restarting US oil production, the mother fing tardos in Washington want to beg the Saudis, Iran, and Venezuela to increase oil production!!!! WHEN WE HAVE IT HERE!
We never stopped US production. https://www.macrotrends.net/2562/us-crude-oil-production-historical-chart

It dropped during the COVID shutdown in 2020, but it's been rising since then and it's back up to about 12% lower than the peak before COVID. With prices above $100 per barrel, production is going to keep going up.

US oil production steadily had been dropping from the 1980s until 2008 (didn't matter if Democrats or Republicans were in control, and both were), and then oil production almost doubled during the Obama years. It shot up a lot during the Trump years also. Which basically means one thing: oil production has little to do with the Feds. We don't have Fed-run oil companies. Private businesses decide how much to produce, and they decide that based on two things: the cost to extract a barrel and the price they can sell that barrel for.

We never stopped US production. https://www.macrotrends.net/2562/us-crude-oil-production-historical-chart

It dropped during the COVID shutdown in 2020, but it's been rising since then and it's back up to about 12% lower than the peak before COVID. With prices above $100 per barrel, production is going to keep going up.

US oil production steadily had been dropping from the 1980s until 2008 (didn't matter if Democrats or Republicans were in control, and both were), and then oil production almost doubled during the Obama years. It shot up a lot during the Trump years also. Which basically means one thing: oil production has little to do with the Feds. We don't have Fed-run oil companies. Private businesses decide how much to produce, and they decide that based on two things: the cost to extract a barrel and the price they can sell that barrel for.

So, if you see some thugs vandalizing their neighbor's …. an effective deterrent is telling them they can no longer go to McDonald's or buy a Toyota on a major credit card?….
…. Ya, sanctions will work 🙄
Is there ANY example of sanctions EVER making a bad situation better?🤔

(Well, other than telling a little kid "no dessert"):s0092:

Status

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class