JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

Can you put a price on some of these? I see two cherry M1 Carbines @ close to a grand each. three AR's Maybe an M14 or Tanker, and some SBR's. Maybe if I hold my own Buy Back at $200. ea. I can rid these these Horrid guns from the public and make everyone safer.

There looks to be a SPAS12 and 2 sbr uzis in the mix as well.

I smell bull$hit
I was thinking the exact same thing. BS! I find it incredibly unlikely that the were all turned in. Confiscated is much more likely and displayed for the dog and pony show.

Can you put a price on some of these? I see two cherry M1 Carbines @ close to a grand each. three AR's Maybe an M14 or Tanker, and some SBR's. Maybe if I hold my own Buy Back at $200. ea. I can rid these these Horrid guns from the public and make everyone safer.
How could we make this work?

Classified want ad might do the trick.

Last Edited:
I was thinking the exact same thing. BS! I find it incredibly unlikely that the were all turned in. Confiscated is much more likely and displayed for the dog and pony show.
My cousin lives in San Rafael. I don't think they have much of a 'hood there. Across the bridge in Marin County, they likely moved there to get way from the 'hoods. Except driving a 'vette there is ghetto when you pass the Ferrari dealer.

I'll see your $200 and raise you a $100. Rifle classified want ad section is the next best thing to sponsoring gun buy back.

That is a big waste of the earths resources if those firearms are all completely destroyed. And how do sellers know the cops or third party won't lose track of these before they are destroyed. I think the private sector could do better. I am in the formative phase of some ideas to offer a private more earth friendly alternative to a buy back program. I am going to focus on those sellers who just want to make sure the legal serialized part of the firearm they sell is taken out of circulation. I also have ideas for using permanently disabled frames/recievers as memorial pieces, creating NFTs of such memorial pieces, etc. If a seller wants a firearm out circulation, I would like to see some of the parts live on. It is the sustainable way to accomplish the task. A lot of resources and energy go into making barrels and other gun parts. No reason to waste those in todays environment.

Here are some of the reasons people report turning in guns at buy backs. Note that to save kids lives was not a priority. If a personal buy back effort is going to work, it will have to be advertised outside of gun forums.

"Among other reasons, community members most commonly cited a lack of experience or knowledge with firearms, lack of knowledge of the legality of the firearms, or an inability to safely store the firearms as the main reasons for participating in the exchange," they wrote.

With regard to a private buy-back in CA;
All transfers, for the peasantry, have to go through an FFL.
There is a waiting period, rounded up to the next week, on "the day we do tranfers".
DROS fees.
Elitist pricks are exempted from the above.
Remebering this is upsetting me....

Joe

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews