JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reliability on them is excellent. You can change the speed of the bolt with just an Allen wrench. Accuracy is not that great and trigger is poor out of the box. Trigger spring upgrade kit from hk parts helps. Fun guns once the trigger is improved. I have 2 MP5s 22s, an hk 416 22 braced pistol, and used to have a colt m4 22 rifle.

They are all made in the same Walther factory and have the same trigger group, bolt, etc. all have been extremely reliable. Beretta arx 160 22, g36 22, and some others I can't remember have the same basic design and made in the same factory too. Not sure about the uzi 22 but maybe that one too.

View attachment 1203753
Awesome thanks for the information. They definitely seem like really fun plinkers.

Recently, I noticed that S&W M&P15-22 rifles has gone up on prices just like everyhting else. Prices are close to 500.00 and over. With that price, I might as well get a higher quality AR 22. Is there other suggestions than S&W in the $5 to 600.00 range? I can pick up a basic AR15 for that price.
So you're looking for a .22 rifle in the $5 - $600 range.....that covers a lot of guns.
Does have to be a piece of para-military hardware?
If not, Sportsman's Warehouse has Savage model 64's on sale right now.

$125

1653159341515.png

Last Edited:
So you're looking for a .22 rifle in the $5 - $600 range.....that covers a lot of guns.
Does have to be a piece of para-military hardware?
If not, Sportsman's Warehouse has Savage model 64's on sale right now.

$125

View attachment 1204290
:s0140:

I had one of those. They're worth about what you pay. Not accurate, awkward bolt and mag catch, cheap sights, and every single fastener on the damn gun is a different size. Better off spending more for a 10/22. It will still have an awkward bolt catch, but you can replace that for under $20. Also, it sounds like he's looking for an AR pattern rifle.

I have a S&W M&P 15-22 and prefer a dedicated AR 22.

Get one of these (or something similar) when they are in stock:

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-22-lr-1-16-nitride-13-5-m-lok-upper-with-bcg-ch1.htm

Add it to a complete lower with whatever AR parts float your boat.

You will need a mag adapter - I chose Boonie Packer Better Mag Adapter. This will allow for use of M&P 15-22 magazines.

The only problem with this configuration is that they are too fun to shoot and are therefore ammo intensive ;)

I like the M&P 15-22. Its controls are all functional and
its light weight made it easy for kids to learn the platform

:s0140:

I had one of those. They're worth about what you pay. Not accurate, awkward bolt and mag catch, cheap sights, and every single fastener on the damn gun is a different size. Better off spending more for a 10/22. It will still have an awkward bolt catch, but you can replace that for under $20. Also, it sounds like he's looking for an AR pattern rifle.
So you got a bad one and that means they're all bad....thanks for downgrading my post Flopsweat. You're a real peach.
He didn't say what he was looking for, specifically. Only a .22 rifle in the $5-$600 range.
If he is looking for something specific, he should've specified it instead of assuming we'd all know what he really wants.
Not all of us are mind readers....or AR/AK fans.

So you got a bad one and that means they're all bad....thanks for downgrading my post Flopsweat. You're a real peach.
He didn't say what he was looking for, specifically. Only a .22 rifle in the $5-$600 range.
If he is looking for something specific, he should've specified it instead of assuming we'd all know what he really wants.
Not all of us are mind readers....or AR/AK fans.
They all have awful sights and awkward controls and require 4 different tools to break down. That is the model 64. Honestly it's just a poorly designed gun. Maybe yours accurate, that's fine.

You don't have read his mind. His responses to other posts in this thread made it clear what he's looking for. You just needed to read the thread.

I didn't write that post to denigrate you, just a POS gun. There's a reason you can buy them used for under $80.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews