JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Short answer, YES, they can win!
All it will take is time, time to wear down the Russian forces, enough to make it far too costly to continue, and lets face it, the Ukrainians have far more to loose then the Russians, so they are going to fight to the last man to drive the Russians back!
I talk with Ukrainians almost daily, and there is a very strong sense of pride and nationalism, a sense of EVERY ONE pitching in to do their part, weather it knitting clothes of Cammo netting, making food bundles, or countless other things to support the fighting men!

None of that is happening in Russia, so NO, Ukraine WILL win, they just need to Hold Fast, adn keep fighting, and they will wear the Russians down to the point where they will be forced to draw back across the border and remain there in complete defeat!

The ONLY way Russia could win is to go all in scorched earth, and that's not only very stupid, but very dangerous!
Putin miscalculated BADLY, and now he has to pay the piper one way or the other!
So you really think the Russians are just going to pack it up and go home I would argue there is no possible way they can win. Its just a war of attrition at this point and Russia will "win" simply based on their resource base in materials and manpower. Putins going to push this war through . Russians , in Russia, damn near worship the guy. He isn't going anywhere .

The Russians will grind down the Ukrainians and in the end the Russians and will come to a negotiated truce at some point like ALL wars end. In the end winning will probably look like ceding 1/3 or Ukraine to Russia with guarantees to Russia that NATO membership is off the table. . I really hate seeing so many on both side dying with the west throwing gasoline on this fire.

So you really think the Russians are just going to pack it up and go home I would argue there is no possible way they can win. Its just a war of attrition at this point and Russia will "win" simply based on their resource base in materials and manpower.

The Russians will grind down the Ukrainians and in the end the Russians and will come to a negotiated truce at some point like ALL wars end. In the end winning will probably look like ceding 1/3 or Ukraine to Russia with guarantees to Russia that NATO membership is off the table. . I really hate seeing so many on both side dying with the west throwing gasoline on this fire.
As long as the West keeps supplying Arms and Materials and Training to Ukraine, Russia will be forced to spend it's military resources in Ukraine, something Russia cannot afford to continue, so in this, Russia WILL loose!
I do agree though, it's a brutal waste of men on both sides, I personally know several new widows in both countries, as well as a growing number of single females with almost NO chance of ever meeting a future husband despite being some of the most beautiful women in the world! It will be much as it was in Yugoslavia after the war, the women will have to travel abroad to find a husband, and, as we already see, Poland isn't exactly the hot spot for that to take place, not only that, but the U.S isn't granting very many work visas, and almost no immigration applications unless they have a sponsor and agree to some pretty serious terms!

As long as the West keeps supplying Arms and Materials and Training to Ukraine, Russia will be forced to spend it's military resources in Ukraine, something Russia cannot afford to continue, so in this, Russia WILL loose!
I do agree though, it's a brutal waste of men on both sides, I personally know several new widows in both countries, as well as a growing number of single females with almost NO chance of ever meeting a future husband despite being some of the most beautiful women in the world! It will be much as it was in Yugoslavia after the war, the women will have to travel abroad to find a husband, and, as we already see, Poland isn't exactly the hot spot for that to take place, not only that, but the U.S isn't granting very many work visas, and almost no immigration applications unless they have a sponsor and agree to some pretty serious terms!
Russia isn't in the dire straights I see banteresd around a lot. From what I see their debt is low and theyre making bank off oil sales. Their per capita cash reserves are pretty good . Their economy is in pretty good shape while Ukraine is paying the light bills with handouts. I just dont see Russia walking away on this one.

Just send those beautiful women across the southern border. They can walk right in, no visa or sponsee needed!

Russia isn't in the dire straights I see banteresd around a lot. From what I see their debt is low and theyre making bank off oil sales. Their per capita cash reserves are pretty good . Their economy is in pretty good shape while Ukraine is paying the light bills with handouts. I just dont see Russia walking away on this one.
The official line is that Russia is in good shape economically, but the black market says otherwise. Which one is the more accurate? It is always the black market, because it operates on reality, not words.

Russia has lost the power to make China pay for oil in Rubles. It now pays in Yuan, and Russian banks have to accept them. Putin can no longer control the exchange rate on his biggest export. The deeper Russia gets into this mire, the more wealth and power it transfers to China.

The official line is that Russia is in good shape economically, but the black market says otherwise. Which one is the more accurate? It is always the black market, because it operates on reality, not words.

Russia has lost the power to make China pay for oil in Rubles. It now pays in Yuan, and Russian banks have to accept them. Putin can no longer control the exchange rate on his biggest export. The deeper Russia gets into this mire, the more wealth and power it transfers to China.
You dont like China do you :)

You dont like China do you :)
No. It bothers me that Russia has decided to pi$$ itself away so a megalomaniac can assure himself that he will be honored by history, when in fact objective history will consider him a disaster.

I know you blame the West for Russia's woes after the fall of the Soviet Union. The West couldn't have done that without the cooperation of the Oligarchs and the remains of the old KGB and associated security agencies. Putin brought those powers together in a classic "Capo di tutti i Capi" (Boss of all the bosses) organized crime pattern. He became the "Warlord of all Warlords" in Russia, but it was those warlords that were responsible for Russia's demise and eventual descent into totalitarianism. Projecting blame is common for people who fail.

No. It bothers me that Russia has decided to pi$$ itself away so a megalomaniac can assure himself that he will be honored by history, when in fact objective history will consider him a disaster.

I know you blame the West for Russia's woes after the fall of the Soviet Union. The West couldn't have done that without the cooperation of the Oligarchs and the remains of the old KGB and associated security agencies. Putin brought those powers together in a classic "Capo di tutti i Capi" (Boss of all the bosses) organized crime pattern. He became the "Warlord of all Warlords" in Russia, but it was those warlords that were responsible for Russia's demise and eventual descent into totalitarianism. Projecting blame is common for people who fail.
You got me wrong. I dont think Russia has a lot of woes at all. Certainly not as many as get projected at us. Their economy is relatively strong and self-sufficient and a lot more stable than you are led or choose to believe . I do have much more information about how things really are inside Russia and never was on the hate Russia bandwagon. Some of the stuff I see about the situation in Russia today is almost comical. The guy way back in this thread quoting a life magazine from 1948 about how life in Russia is. Really? I dont see Putin as a megalomaniac or Totalitarian. . He's just the guy that personifies what the Russians want and respect in a leader.

" He's just the guy that personifies what the Russians want and respect in a leader."

Indeed. That has been the story of Russia forever. It is also why the rest of the world got ahead of Russia during the Industrial Revolution, and why when Russia (mostly) caught up, it tried to play the "Great Game" of empire as the Great Game was collapsing, and collapsed themselves.

Russians want a "strong leader." What they get is people so caught up in their power that they run the country into the ground trying to fulfill their ambitions. It reminds me of women who keep marrying abusive husbands. They get what they want, but it isn't good for them.

"You got me wrong. I dont think Russia has a lot of woes at all. Certainly not as many as get projected at us. "

Not at all. You consistently blame the West for the collapse of the Russian economy after the fall of the Soviet Union. That is the message Putin hammers to justify his rule.

The recovery under Putin is because he reined in the Oligarchs somewhat, which allowed some benefit to trickle down to the masses. The relative economic improvement seemed like a boon, but the oligarchs have been doing quite well. It is a balancing act. The adventure in Ukraine is upsetting that balance.

Russia may have a fake strong economy ( Just like the U.S) , but they completely lack the financials to build and maintain their arsenals while using them up at a rate they cannot sustain. so what good is their falsely inflated economy really? Russia cannot afford to build warplanes to replace the losses, and they cannot afford warships or subs, and they still cannot afford to maintain their Nukes, so what good is that robust economy you speak of! Russia is deeply in debt to China, something that continues to grow, and while Russia continues to support Iran, N. Korea and India, its China that will eventually decide Russia isn't worth the cost of supporting! And lets not forget India, a sort of friend of convenience until that convenience has waned, and if you thought China had a serious Military, just wait till India decides they don't like ether one of um!

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2024/03/end-line-ukraine-uk-paper-times-its-time/

When the average age of the men on the line is 43 and you're sending goon squads thru the cities looking to kidnap young men off the streets for military duty that should tell you how things are going for Ukraine.
Bottom line, the comedian says he needs 450,000 more men, good luck with that.
The US and Nato have been waging war against Russia by using Ukraine to furnish the men.
Most of an entire generation will be gone in Ukraine.
They will never recover from that.

Last Edited:
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2024/03/end-line-ukraine-uk-paper-times-its-time/

When the average age of the men on the line is 43 and you're sending goon squads thru the cities looking to kidnap young men off the streets for military duty that should tell you how things are going for Ukraine.
Bottom line, the comedian says he needs 450,000 more men, good luck with that.
The US and Nato have been waging war against Russia by using Ukraine to furnish the men.
Most of an entire generation will be gone in Ukraine.
They will never recover from that.
Gatewaypundit is a commie-russia mouthpiece. I can guarantee that young men in Ukraine are far more willing to take up arms than young russian conscripts.

So you really think the Russians are just going to pack it up and go home I would argue there is no possible way they can win.
One possible scenario, if the west (US & NATO) continues to back Ukraine, is that Putin will keep throwing cannon fodder & $ & tanks/planes/bombs & other resources into the war until Russia collapses far enough that the Kremlin & Oligarchs throw Putin out the window of a 10 story building. and replace him with someone who doesn't have dreams of being the Tsar of a Russian empire.

Gatewaypundit is a commie-russia mouthpiece.
I never thought I would live to see the day when Red Blooded Americans would side with Russia / The Rebranded Soviet Union, but sadly the math on that isn't hard to figure out

One possible scenario, if the west (US & NATO) continues to back Ukraine, is that Putin will keep throwing cannon fodder & $ & tanks/planes/bombs & other resources into the war until Russia collapses far enough that the Kremlin & Oligarchs throw Putin out the window of a 10 story building. and replace him with someone who doesn't have dreams of being the Tsar of a Russian empire.
The war ends when he dies

I really like that idea but my understanding is that there are lots of even worse megadik blowhards in line behind him.

I never thought I would live to see the day when Red Blooded Americans would side with Russia / The Rebranded Soviet Union, but sadly the math on that isn't hard to figure out

The war ends when he dies
I vividly remember the first time I was in Russia . First day maybe thinking "I've been lied to"

Status

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR