JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Right that would be irrational and Putin would have to be some kind of megalomaniac. :s0108:

I'll trust the impressions from the Baltic folks, thanks.
Thats a whole different situation though. Russian and Ukrainian history and people are so intermingled its hard to tell one from another. I can pick a recent Ukrainian immigrant from a crowd of Russians though. The Baltics not so much. Theyre Poles and Germans. They were just spoils of war from WW2.

Thats a whole different situation though. Russian and Ukrainian history and people are so intermingled its hard to tell one from another. I can pick a recent Ukrainian immigrant from a crowd of Russians though. The Baltics not so much. Theyre Poles and Germans. They were just spoils of war from WW2.
While there are certainly krauts and poles in the Baltics, Baltic languages and people are distinct, as are Estonians whose language is not even in the same language group as Baltic languages, Polish, or German.

I understand your tendency to make broad sweping statements with an air of authority, but, it is not working so well for you. Kinda obvious and transparent.

While there are certainly krauts and poles in the Baltics, Baltic languages and people are distinct, as are Estonians whose language is not even in the same language group as Baltic languages, Polish, or German.

I understand your tendency to make broad sweping statements with an air of authority, but, it is not working so well for you. Kinda obvious and transparent.
OK give us a few good reasons Russia would consider invading the Baltics to be a good idea besides "thats what Putin wants to do"

Bunch of mind readers.

Last Edited:
OK give us a few good reasons Russia would consider invading the Baltics to be a good idea besides "thats what Putin wants to do"

Bunch of mind readers.
LOL, I'm not the one acting like an expert on everything when I'm not.

Like I mentioned
  1. I don't believe your bluster
  2. I expect that leaders in the Baltics have a better idea what they are talking about than you do, especially given that you seem to thinks Balts are Poles.
  3. You have a history of making bad predictions. E.g. Ukraine will be a cakewalk for Russia two years ago, now you say thing like "could not even invade Ukraine correctly" (or whatever equivalent you posted, which you appeared to have edited out. Maybe Pravda called again to advise on content.)

LOL, I'm not the one acting like an expert on everything when I'm not.

Like I mentioned
  1. I don't believe your bluster
  2. I expect that leaders in the Baltics have a better idea what they are talking about than you do, especially given that you seem to thinks Balts are Poles.
  3. You have a history of making bad predictions. E.g. Ukraine will be a cakewalk for Russia two years ago, now you say thing like "could not even invade Ukraine correctly" (or whatever equivalent you posted, which you appeared to have edited out. Maybe Pravda called again to advise on content.)
I think we can all agree that if Ukraine hadnt been swamped with weapons coming from the West their goose would have been cooked a long time ago. Russia has no real vested interest in the Baltic states or in provoking NATO in any other NATO country. What they do want to do is stop Ukraine from becoming part of NATO and are intervening on the part of Russian militias in Ukraine in their ongoing civil war. There is no way Ukraine can win this war that I can think of. None. Its just a matter of time. Ukraine iust just a weapons testing area right now.

Last Edited:
Yeah, and Hitler was only interested in the Sudetenland.

The difference is that the object of the attention is fighting back, and the neighbors are helping instead of standing around hoping the problem will go away.

I think we can all agree that if Ukraine hadnt been swamped with weapons coming from the West their goose would have been cooked a long time ago. Russia has no real vested interest in the Baltic states or in provoking NATO in any other NATO country. What they do want to do is stop Ukraine from becoming part of NATO and are intervening on the part of Russian militias in Ukraine in their ongoing civil war. There is no way Ukraine can win this war that I can think of. None. Its just a matter of time. Ukraine iust just a weapons testing area right now.
Ummm…. Backpedaling….

Ongoing civil war…. LMAO. What a Pravda crock.

Just because you didn't know they had a civil war goin on in Ukraine doesn't mean they didn't.
Just because you assert one…. Does not stand up to reality test. Russia seeded that, made it happen, and if you deny it…. Once again…

I don't believe your ministry of soviet information talking points. No one else does either.

Simple deflection.

is the high bore axis of a P226 really meaningful?

Simple question. And totally orthogonal as well.

Don't worry you are sure to win the ping pong tournament at the local Elk's lodge.
I thought this discussion was about the war between Russia and Ukraine. Do you think Ukraine can win this war?

I thought this discussion was about the war between Russia and Ukraine. Do you think Ukraine can win this war?
Short answer, YES, they can win!
All it will take is time, time to wear down the Russian forces, enough to make it far too costly to continue, and lets face it, the Ukrainians have far more to loose then the Russians, so they are going to fight to the last man to drive the Russians back!
I talk with Ukrainians almost daily, and there is a very strong sense of pride and nationalism, a sense of EVERY ONE pitching in to do their part, weather it knitting clothes of Cammo netting, making food bundles, or countless other things to support the fighting men!

None of that is happening in Russia, so NO, Ukraine WILL win, they just need to Hold Fast, adn keep fighting, and they will wear the Russians down to the point where they will be forced to draw back across the border and remain there in complete defeat!

The ONLY way Russia could win is to go all in scorched earth, and that's not only very stupid, but very dangerous!
Putin miscalculated BADLY, and now he has to pay the piper one way or the other!

Keep your eyes on Ukraine. Don't worry about China's plan to rule the world, because they'll just leave Russia alone. That is, as long as Russia bends it's knee and kisses the hand of China.

It is ironic that Russia backed Mao to establish a Communist regime there. The idea was to have a China dependent on Russia for technology and trade, keep them backwards so they wouldn't be a threat in the future. Nixon upset that by taking advantage of the resentment of Russia's policies by Mao's successors. That lead to a rapid industrialization and China leaving Russia in the dust economically. That economic power is now funding military might, while Russia is bleeding itself dry in Ukraine. Losing hundreds of thousands of breeding-age males at a time when Russian is in dire demographic straits. Pretty smart move!

China has no doubt revised it's timeline for dominating Eurasia. 50 years sooner, or perhaps 100? In any case, they are coming, and sooner than expected.

Status

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR