JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Do you think these kinds of videos help?

• YES

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • NO

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
While the video is good, and it has a lot of good points, like get out and do not be slowed down by indecision and your responsibility is yourself, I have to ask one simple question.

Had the other employees been armed, how many would have not been shot, am I the only who saw the the no fire arms sticker on the front door and that not even the Obese security guard was carrying a gun.

Important point: you have to understand the criteria thoroughly, because you may have to skip directly to the last option.

I am have a little problem with this philosophy, because it doesn't stress the trade-offs of managing a risk like this. Risk management consists of avoiding, mitigating, and accepting.

Running and hiding constitute the first two strategies in the video. The last one strategy encompasses the other risk managment aspects: mitigating and accepting. You accept that you have some risk in trying to mitigate the situation

If we tell everybody that their BEST and FIRST strategy should ALWAYS be to run and hide, we miss out on the ability to mitigate the risk by cutting the incident short. We also get people caught ina decision loop of how to run and hide, when that may not be an option. We need to teach that all three strategies are equally valid, important to understand and know when to apply each.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top