JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I know this topic was brought up once before but being that it was almost a year ago I wanted to start a new thread on the subject.

I'm looking to buy a Ruger sr 556c 5905 or 556fb 5902. I know there shouldn't be a price difference between the 2 rifles but I am also looking for input on what the real difference is between them other than weight and length if any and where they took the length from on the 556c model. I was trying to find out who has the best deal on the rifle and some magpul accessories I am wanting to get as well

The difference is in the barrel. The 556fb has a full 16" barrel with a removable flash hider. The 556c has a 14"(ish) fluted barrel with a permanently attached flash hider making it 16" barrel over all.

Pretty sure that is the only diff between the two. I just got mine from Bud's. Ordered Monday 3/19, was at the FFL Wednesday 3/28. I chose the FB as I wanted to be able to change the hider or put on a suppressor some day if I chose without having to mess with the barrel.

If you're gonna do it, don't dawdle. With news that Ruger is not taking new orders, you may see prices increase or product not available. I know Bud's was out of the C model when I ordered.

Cool thanks guys. I ended up going to NW Armory. I got the last 556 fb they had, it cost me $1,450.

Dude Young thanks for the info. I deffently don't like that you can't change the flash hider on C model.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top