Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Ruger sr 556 pricing?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by 81selfmade, Mar 27, 2012.

1. 81selfmade

81selfmade southern washington New Member

So I know this topic was brought up once before but being that it was almost a year ago I wanted to start a new thread on the subject.

I'm looking to buy a Ruger sr 556c 5905 or 556fb 5902. I know there shouldn't be a price difference between the 2 rifles but I am also looking for input on what the real difference is between them other than weight and length if any and where they took the length from on the 556c model. I was trying to find out who has the best deal on the rifle and some magpul accessories I am wanting to get as well

2. stmcelroy

stmcelroy Madras, OR Well-Known Member

Brightwater Ventures has a SR-556CLA for $1,459, kind of like the rail on that one.

3. dude young

dude young SE PDX Active Member

The difference is in the barrel. The 556fb has a full 16" barrel with a removable flash hider. The 556c has a 14"(ish) fluted barrel with a permanently attached flash hider making it 16" barrel over all.

Pretty sure that is the only diff between the two. I just got mine from Bud's. Ordered Monday 3/19, was at the FFL Wednesday 3/28. I chose the FB as I wanted to be able to change the hider or put on a suppressor some day if I chose without having to mess with the barrel.

If you're gonna do it, don't dawdle. With news that Ruger is not taking new orders, you may see prices increase or product not available. I know Bud's was out of the C model when I ordered.

4. PuddleMonkey

PuddleMonkey Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

not anymore

5. dude young

dude young SE PDX Active Member

Bud's has it. $1469.

6. Fat Jesus

Fat Jesus Oregon Member

I bought mine from Philomath guns in Oregon for $1410 cash new out the door

7. 81selfmade

81selfmade southern washington New Member

Cool thanks guys. I ended up going to NW Armory. I got the last 556 fb they had, it cost me $1,450.

Dude Young thanks for the info. I deffently don't like that you can't change the flash hider on C model.