Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Ruger Precision Rifle

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by fredball, Apr 21, 2016.

1. fredball

fredball Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

2. Pandaz3

Pandaz3 Cornelius, Oregon NRA Lifetime Member Platinum Supporter Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter

Well that was a nice review, like him I would prefer the 6.5 Creedmoor version, for the same reason a modern cartridge developed for Long Range. I do like .308 and have three, but my Model 70 in 7MM Mag is the only truly long range gun I own. I just am not into LR Shooting, I am too old and crippled to use one properly.
    I love Ruger for making this rifle available, just not for me.

3. fredball

fredball Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

to bad all this new fangled technology was not around when I was much inclined to buy it like you getting old

4. tac

tac UK, Oregon and Ontario. Well-Known Member

The first RPR were delivered here in yUK last week - with almost 75% of them in 6.5CR.

We pay around $2000 here - no deals. Thinking about it, I've never heard of ANY dealer doing a gun deal of any kind of a firearm.

I'd like one, but only if it could be fitted with a nice after-market wooden stock. :)

tac

5. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

such things already exist

6. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

I would really love a chance to shoot one on my range, in 6.5 of course as it is I have yet to see one, let alone touch one

7. mrblond

mrblond Salem OR Well-Known Member

I want one in 6.5 as well. What id REALLY like is if they made one in 300 win mag.

8. Pandaz3

Pandaz3 Cornelius, Oregon NRA Lifetime Member Platinum Supporter Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter

the 300 is for a long action, all three current chambering's are for short action. It does seem like a natural choice though, as does 338 Lapua