JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would be very surprised if it worked with aftermarket barrels. I assume it uses an interrupted thread design with a stud to keep it timed properly. It also needs to connect to the fore-end section that comes off with the barrel. Not sure how it does that, but I doubt an aftermarket barrel would have either the threads or the connection point to the fore-end necessary for the system to work. Just my guess on how it is probably engineered.

' thinking it uses spring loaded plungers to replace the 2 allen bolts that hold the barrel in place on the normal model. It's cute and will be a collectors item but no big whoops over the standard model

I like the concept, but it's something I'd have to see first hand to make up my mind. Wondering how the accuracy will be compared to a standard. I know it won't be the same, but if close, might be worth checking out.

Nice!

1297.jpgruger.jpg

I love my Marlin 70PSS Papoose enough to think about getting another, but they sure are hard to find right now. It looks like Ruger is stepping up to fill a recognized demand.

But why keep that gawky forend? The Marlin uses a knurled nut, probably a little slower than the Ruger to mount, but much cleaner.

The rimfire aces say that the barrel-band forend is a weak spot in the 10/22 design anyway, since a single-pillar mount gives better accuracy.

I found that putting a damp business card under the barrel, near the barrel band and then snugging down the action screw helped bed the barrel in place on a wooden stock

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top