Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Ruger 10/22 Takedown Carbine

Discussion in 'Preparedness & Survival' started by Steve06, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Steve06

Steve06 Oregon Active Member

2. ricsha

ricsha Oregon Coast - Lincoln City Member

I have not seen one yet, but I like it too. Looks like a winner, maybe not as compact as the Henry survival carbine, but a good concept.

3. scoob63

scoob63 SE Portland New Member

If it's compatible with after-market threaded barrels, I'd agree. Although I wonder how much length you really save over a folding stock.

4. Steve06

Steve06 Oregon Active Member

That is the question isn't it?

5. DOA

DOA Aloha, OR -185th & TV Hwy Active Member

Shameless plug.

If you are looking for one...4/2.it could be yours ;)

6. toadfish

toadfish vancouver,wa Member

PM SENT

7. PBinWA

PBinWA Clark County Well-Known Member

8. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

I would be very surprised if it worked with aftermarket barrels. I assume it uses an interrupted thread design with a stud to keep it timed properly. It also needs to connect to the fore-end section that comes off with the barrel. Not sure how it does that, but I doubt an aftermarket barrel would have either the threads or the connection point to the fore-end necessary for the system to work. Just my guess on how it is probably engineered.

9. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

' thinking it uses spring loaded plungers to replace the 2 allen bolts that hold the barrel in place on the normal model. It's cute and will be a collectors item but no big whoops over the standard model

10. pokerace

pokerace Newberg Well-Known Member

DO have one in stock...

11. DOA

DOA Aloha, OR -185th & TV Hwy Active Member

Pokerace- PM Sent

12. SIG383

SIG383 Graham, WA Well-Known Member

I like the concept, but it's something I'd have to see first hand to make up my mind. Wondering how the accuracy will be compared to a standard. I know it won't be the same, but if close, might be worth checking out.

13. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

Nice!

1297.jpgruger.jpg

14. DonovanJay

DonovanJay Southern Oregon Member

Drool! I was waiting for this to happen for years!

15. chemist

chemist Beaverton OR Well-Known Member

I love my Marlin 70PSS Papoose enough to think about getting another, but they sure are hard to find right now. It looks like Ruger is stepping up to fill a recognized demand.

But why keep that gawky forend? The Marlin uses a knurled nut, probably a little slower than the Ruger to mount, but much cleaner.

The rimfire aces say that the barrel-band forend is a weak spot in the 10/22 design anyway, since a single-pillar mount gives better accuracy.

16. erudne

I found that putting a damp business card under the barrel, near the barrel band and then snugging down the action screw helped bed the barrel in place on a wooden stock