JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would be very surprised if it worked with aftermarket barrels. I assume it uses an interrupted thread design with a stud to keep it timed properly. It also needs to connect to the fore-end section that comes off with the barrel. Not sure how it does that, but I doubt an aftermarket barrel would have either the threads or the connection point to the fore-end necessary for the system to work. Just my guess on how it is probably engineered.

' thinking it uses spring loaded plungers to replace the 2 allen bolts that hold the barrel in place on the normal model. It's cute and will be a collectors item but no big whoops over the standard model

I like the concept, but it's something I'd have to see first hand to make up my mind. Wondering how the accuracy will be compared to a standard. I know it won't be the same, but if close, might be worth checking out.

Nice!

1297.jpgruger.jpg

I love my Marlin 70PSS Papoose enough to think about getting another, but they sure are hard to find right now. It looks like Ruger is stepping up to fill a recognized demand.

But why keep that gawky forend? The Marlin uses a knurled nut, probably a little slower than the Ruger to mount, but much cleaner.

The rimfire aces say that the barrel-band forend is a weak spot in the 10/22 design anyway, since a single-pillar mount gives better accuracy.

I found that putting a damp business card under the barrel, near the barrel band and then snugging down the action screw helped bed the barrel in place on a wooden stock

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top