JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I keep reading the proposed language of 43, and what I see is a ban on any "Semiautomatic pistol, or any semiautomatic, centerfire or rimfire rifle with a fixed magazine, that has the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds of ammunition" where a "fixed" magazine is defined as "an ammunition feeding device contained in or permanently attached to a firearm in such a manner that the device cannot be removed without disassembly of the firearm action." That doesn't describe most of the Glock, Sig, S&W, Ruger, etc. semi-auto pistols that I'm familiar with.

As a result, I may be missing something, but I don't see where your average removable-magazine fed semi-auto pistol is prohibited, regardless of magazine capacity.

Please, tell me I'm right. I'm not in Oregon, but Washington can't be far behind.

And, lock included.
Mine:
trr8.jpg

Odds are folks will be seeing the print of concealed guns more once everyone has to carry revolvers. That cylinder makes them hard to hide but there is a guy on the coast that makes great in the pants holsters for bigger revolvers. A retired cop by the name of Hanson. Made me one that hides an N frame pretty good but then I am a larger person with room to hide things:D

I was going to sell a few of my replica black powder revolvers but with all the things going on, I will wait and see what transpires. The only one I think I am going to sell now is my ASM Walker. A nice toy but as they found out in the old days just too big and heavy for most people and situations. Especially when I have .44\.45 Colt covered with my 1858 Remington, 1860 Colt and Rogers & Spencer with conversion cylinders. Also my .31 Baby Dragoon and .36 1858 Remington both with conversion cylinders also. Need to get a conversion cylinder for my 1851 Navy.

Last Edited:
I keep reading the proposed language of 43, and what I see is a ban on any "Semiautomatic pistol, or any semiautomatic, centerfire or rimfire rifle with a fixed magazine, that has the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds of ammunition" where a "fixed" magazine is defined as "an ammunition feeding device contained in or permanently attached to a firearm in such a manner that the device cannot be removed without disassembly of the firearm action." That doesn't describe most of the Glock, Sig, S&W, Ruger, etc. semi-auto pistols that I'm familiar with.

As a result, I may be missing something, but I don't see where your average removable-magazine fed semi-auto pistol is prohibited, regardless of magazine capacity.

Please, tell me I'm right. I'm not in Oregon, but Washington can't be far behind.

The troubling part is in section 1(B):
  • Semiautomatic pistol, or any semiautomatic, centerfire or rimfire rifle with a fixed magazine, that has the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds of ammunition;
That paragraph can be interpreted legally this way:
  • Subject #1: Semiautomatic pistol,
  • Subject #2: or any semiautomatic, centerfire or rimfire rifle with a fixed magazine,
  • Limitation: that has the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds of ammunition;
I read this as either #1 or #2 are subject to the limitation. My Glock 19 is a Semiautomatic pistol, and it has the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds of ammunition. The fixed magazine part is related to Subject #2 (not #1).

The next troubling part is in 1(D):
  • Semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and has at least one of the following:
    • (i) Any feature capable of functioning as a protruding grip that can be held by the nontrigger hand;
    • (ii) A folding, telescoping or thumbhole stock;
    • (iii) A shroud attached to the barrel, or that partially or completely encircles the barrel, allowing the bearer to hold the firearm with the non-trigger hand without being burned, but excluding a slide that encloses the barrel;
    • (iv) The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at any location outside of the pistol grip; or
    • (v) A threaded barrel capable of accepting a flash suppressor or forward pistol grip;
The threaded barrel on my Glock 19 would mean it is capable of accepting a flash suppressor (or anything else for that matter). And since (v) is satisfied, and my Glock has detachable magazines, it is now considered an "assault weapon".

Now it may be that they didn't intend for such a blanket covering of all semiautomatic pistols, but the way it is written, the ambiguities are going to be for the courts to interpret.

Last Edited:
The troubling part is in section 1(B):
  • Semiautomatic pistol, or any semiautomatic, centerfire or rimfire rifle with a fixed magazine, that has the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds of ammunition;
That paragraph can be interpreted legally this way:
  • Subject #1: Semiautomatic pistol,
  • Subject #2: or any semiautomatic, centerfire or rimfire rifle with a fixed magazine,
  • Limitation: that has the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds of ammunition;
I read this as either #1 or #2 are subject to the limitation. My Glock 19 is a Semiautomatic pistol, and it has the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds of ammunition. The fixed magazine part is related to Subject #2 (not #1).

The next troubling part is in 1(D):
  • Semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and has at least one of the following:
    • (i) Any feature capable of functioning as a protruding grip that can be held by the nontrigger hand;
    • (ii) A folding, telescoping or thumbhole stock;
    • (iii) A shroud attached to the barrel, or that partially or completely encircles the barrel, allowing the bearer to hold the firearm with the non-trigger hand without being burned, but excluding a slide that encloses the barrel;
    • (iv) The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at any location outside of the pistol grip; or
    • (v) A threaded barrel capable of accepting a flash suppressor or forward pistol grip;
The threaded barrel on my Glock 19 would mean it is capable of accepting a flash suppressor (or anything else for that matter). And since (v) is satisfied, and my Glock has detachable magazines, it is now considered an "assault weapon".

Now it may be that they didn't intend for such a blanket covering of all semiautomatic pistols, but the way it is written, the ambiguities are going to be for the courts to interpret.

Alas, I think you're correct on how it should be interpreted.

A M&P 22 holds 12 rounds in the mag. You can buy aftermarket magazine parts
for Ruger 22 semi autos that increase the capacity to +10. :oops: Probably the
same for most 22 semi auto pistols.:confused: Does this include 22 rim fire??:mad::mad:

It's going to tick off the Glock fans they have to give up their home protection for a revolver. Plus the expense of buying another gun and ammo then train with it. Might want to find a 45 acp revolver or 9mm revolver, good luck finding a 10 or 40 in a revolver. Don't forget the speed loaders and new holsters and sign up for the revolver shoots at the club since they won't be holding IPSC or any other shoots with semis.

Ruger has made some single actions in 10mm and .40 S&W auto. I have a Vaquero convertible that has two cylinders, one .38-40 Win., the other .40 S&W.

A good 9mm revolver is the Smith & Wesson Model 986, seven shots. There is also their Model 926 with a longer bbl. Both are still listed as current models on the Smith & Wesson website.

Ruger recently re-released the SP-101 in 9mm.

Moon clips for the newer 9mm revolvers are ridiculous in price. Using new .38 S&W brass trimmed down and resized, I've made my own 9mm Luger Rimmed cartridges, work just like .45 Auto Rim. Federal made some factory rimmed 9mm Luger ammo decades ago, rare and expensive now but the idea is there.

It's a collector's item now, but if you can find a Smith & Wesson Model 547, those are 9mm and don't require a moon clip.

Let's hope it doesn't come to this, in Ore. or Wash.

Guarantee that if removable magazines and semi-auto's get restricted in any way the next step will be revolvers (other firearms) that accept more than 1 round in the cylinder...and then eventually even that would get restricted. This will continue until they restrict pieces of metal that could clunk them upside the head :mad:.

I started carrying my SP101 about a month ago, not because of the of ip 43, I just really wanted to.

I really like carrying the SP101 over my M&P 45 compact that I carried for years, it is much lighter and more comfortable to carry.

8B927803-1383-496D-B049-9AD04337C56F.jpeg

65C906FE-DF35-4109-81D8-2DED141B230F.jpeg

Remains to be seen - I was pretty sure that the clown we currently have in the White House would never make it there.
A lot of folks didnt' pay attention so they didnt' see how the election would turn out. They believed the media so of course fake news was wrong in their projections. Funny how the left went quickly to blaming the Russians for the loss:D anyone watching the turnouts for Trumps rallies could see he was going to win.

This election in Oregon is going to be won by the left.

Odds are folks will be seeing the print of concealed guns more once everyone has to carry revolvers. That cylinder makes them hard to hide but there is a guy on the coast that makes great in the pants holsters for bigger revolvers. A retired cop by the name of Hanson. Made me one that hides an N frame pretty good but then I am a larger person with room to hide things:D

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews