JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
QhiFBgQ8arWrt-8S9nu-xb5WlsKRYDvy3JwlgQrpoAr2GYhVz7lD-PmxrRW-T96b0iFHsK-kFxvPwIqz6nM=w125-h168-no.jpg Heck I am packin' dads S & W Victory today! Different grips of course!

Last Edited:
People will have to resort to actually shooting their Colts, they'll all break and become cheap doorstops.
Yall shoot them Smiths they don't make any parts for them now, I can still buy parts for my SAA and they have been making them since 1873.:D Heck even your new Smiths won't last long with them mim parts.:eek:

Yall shoot them Smiths they don't make any parts for them now, I can still buy parts for my SAA and they have been making them since 1873.:D Heck even your new Smiths won't last long with them mim parts.
You might want to do a little research on you own if you are so inclined.
S&W is STILL servicing revolvers from the 70's as best as they can (and parts availability) and many report great service on their 'classic' revolvers - even WAY out of warranty.
Colt on the other hand has very few people working on guns and the 'word on the street' is Colt parts are nearly 'unobtanium' and many are limiting their shooting of their Colts due to this. Mostly it seems to be with their Pythons and Trooper parts.

Colt is about to go out of business and the only parts you could buy yourself were SAA parts up until last week. It looks lIke the last parts are out the door. My gunsmith said he cant' buy Smith parts and depends on parts guns to repair prelock Smiths. Smith may do the work themselves but they don't manufacture parts for older guns now because they want the older guns to wear out and you buy new ones.

Revolvers are made with a lot of small parts that must be fitted, Colts in particular took a great deal of hand fitting and that' why they don't make them now. You can dispute what Smith will or wont' do but I doubt they are making parts anymore for their prelock guns. My gunsmith told me that.

Well I guess I am lucky in that I am my own 'gunsmith' and can make my own parts or repairs - and have been doing so for a long time.
As a former instrument tech/power plant tech I can make parts out of just about any material for just about anything. I love working stainless.

So are you all going to train to take on subjects armed with semi autos that can do that one second reload while it takes you six seconds to reload? Sounds like two gun time gents, fastest reload is another gun.:D Now for the search for that perfect two gun rig to carry concealed. 12 shots with 2 guns and your opponent has 30 so not only should you train hard but be accurate under fire because when you run out of bullets...
:eek:

Right after I left the military, I did some contract work training the LAPD......they wanted to learn about the latest (at that time) military techniques to see if they were up to dealing with a trained threat as opposed to the typical drunk or druggie they delt with daily. (They were not) ...........one of the most experienced trainers that had decades working the street told me he was much more afraid of a bad guy with a revolver than a high capacity semi auto. He said that invariably the semi auto shooter would spray the area where a revolver shooter would take aim and kill you. That is how we were trained in special ops, keep your cool, take aim and hit your target.

Will be making a comeback when the new laws pass. Which one for you, for as long as you get to keep them? :D
Double action is awfully close to semi automatic! When a semi auto ban fails to make any difference in the statistics, they'll go for that next... then outlaw anything over a single shot that takes to hands and a special tool to open and reload. Then only @AndyinEverson will be happy with the guns we're allowed to own.
Hopefully hell will a experience a drastic climate change before all that happens though!

First , I certainly hope no one here really thinks that I would be happy if any firearms were banned or restricted.

The 2nd Amendment says "Arms"... it does not limit us to any types of Arms*.
So to me that means that if you are a law abiding US citizen you should be able to own the firearms of your choice.
* Arms at least according to the dictionary are defined as :
Weapons and ammunition , armaments

I would never force my choice of firearms on anyone....but I would be happy to show you the wonders of black powder.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top