JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
With my female shape I can conceal even a 6 inch revolver easier than a much smaller semi auto. The revolver is fat where I'm thin and vice versa.

Nothing against the OP, but for the love of God will the members here stop saying WHEN, ???

If you gotta say something say IF, sorry this negativity is getting a bit ridiculous.
Image over at Cease Fire Oregon they said, when they pass Conceal Carry recipientcy ?
We would think they know its over....
Again this is not directed to the OP, I think I am going to boycott every thread that says when we lose are rights.... from now on its not healthy to look at everything is lost and we have even got a ballot to vote on.

So are you all going to train to take on subjects armed with semi autos that can do that one second reload while it takes you six seconds to reload? Sounds like two gun time gents, fastest reload is another gun.:D Now for the search for that perfect two gun rig to carry concealed. 12 shots with 2 guns and your opponent has 30 so not only should you train hard but be accurate under fire because when you run out of bullets...
:eek:
For a private citizen the fight is likely over well before 6 rounds are fired. Since LE is expected to capture bad guys, they are required to be the aggressor, and bad guy can't end fight by running. My dad used to say that with multiple attackers, kill the leader and whoever else poses the worst threat, and the rest will usually run. And being a private citizen, you let them run. No weapon is ideal for all scenarios, however. Sometimes a longer more accurate shot might be needed than I could get from a semi auto. And if attacked by a gang of more than four, having 15 rounds would certainly be comforting. And what if an assailant is wearing body armor? You could shoot most of your 6 rounds at center mass before figuring that out.

Nothing against the OP, but for the love of God will the members here stop saying WHEN, ???

If you gotta say something say IF, sorry this negativity is getting a bit ridiculous.
Image over at Cease Fire Oregon they said, when they pass Conceal Carry recipientcy ?
Again this is not directed to the OP, I think I am going to boycott every thread that says when we lose are rights.... from now on its not healthy to look at everything is lost and we have even got a ballot to vote on.
I'm actually fairly optimist that we will win on guns in Oregon. However it is useful to have legal options for when visiting other states. Been thinking about the Taylor alaskan takedown lever action rifle in 357 or 44, for example. That would be easy to pack in checked luggage. And it would be legal just about everywhere.

For a private citizen the fight is likely over well before 6 rounds are fired. Since LE is expected to capture bad guys, they are required to be the aggressor, and bad guy can't end fight by running. My dad used to say that with multiple attackers, kill the leader and whoever else poses the worst threat, and the rest will usually run. And being a private citizen, you let them run. No weapon is ideal for all scenarios, however. Sometimes a longer more accurate shot might be needed than I could get from a semi auto. And if attacked by a gang of more than four, having 15 rounds would certainly be comforting. And what if an assailant is wearing body armor? You could shoot most of your 6 rounds at center mass before figuring that out.

Where is that thread where a guy unloaded one or two mags from his AR into burglars and several of them still got away?

Yes, most encounters, it is enough to just point the gun and not even shoot it. I still prefer my P227 with 14+1 rounds of +P .45 ACP over my .357 mag revolver with 8 rounds.

Because stuff happens. That is why we have guns.

I'm actually fairly optimist that we will win on guns in Oregon. However it is useful to have legal options for when visiting other states. Been thinking about the Taylor alaskan takedown lever action rifle in 357 or 44, for example. That would be easy to pack in checked luggage. And it would be legal just about everywhere.

Just the last like 10 years, we lose allot and id hate to think it was over this year before it began.,

Cops chose high cap guns because they are the best tool out there for self defense. We all face the same criminals so you would think common sense would tell folks you should have at least the same guns cops do. Unfortunately too many folks in this state fear the guns that can be used for self protection and give up any advantage over the criminals.

So there was a cop back east that was in a special squad to go after the worst criminals. He founded what was called the New York reload because at that time he could only carry a revolver. The reload is "have another gun". When people are limited to the number of cartridges in the gun then they will just carry another gun.

So would a model 12 Winchester shotgun, a police barrel and the gun easily breaks down into two pieces. Shotgun shells are easy to find and 80% of shotgun wounds are not survived if you study statistics. Plus you can pick how lethal the ammo is, bean bag to slug or buckshot.

Just the last like 10 years, we lose allot and id hate to think it was over this year before it began.,
The gun grabbers are always much louder than the 2A folks. The 2A folks are much more likely to vote single issue when they perceive their gun rights to be threatened. I think we 2A folks have a good chance to win this time. If the measures had been less draconian, I think they would have had a better chance of passing. I was actually a bit gleeful they are so bad, because I think this means they will fail. Many gun owners might have gone along with, for example, a ban just on ARs. But a ban on virtually all common pistols, mags, and a whole lot of ordinary hunting rifles? I think even those willing to sign away some guns will be against that. I think these extreme bills will bring all gun owners to the poles and make the gun owning pro compromises vote along with the strong 2A folks.

So would a model 12 Winchester shotgun, a police barrel and the gun easily breaks down into two pieces. Shotgun shells are easy to find and 80% of shotgun wounds are not survived if you study statistics. Plus you can pick how lethal the ammo is, bean bag to slug or buckshot.
Thanks. This is really useful. A takedown shotgun might be better for this travel scenario than a takedown lever action.

If we allow them to train us that easy we will all be sponsors of ip43 before long.

Cops chose high cap guns because they are the best tool out there for self defense. We all face the same criminals so you would think common sense would tell folks you should have at least the same guns cops do. Unfortunately too many folks in this state fear the guns that can be used for self protection and give up any advantage over the criminals.

So there was a cop back east that was in a special squad to go after the worst criminals. He founded what was called the New York reload because at that time he could only carry a revolver. The reload is "have another gun". When people are limited to the number of cartridges in the gun then they will just carry another gun.
If I were required to go after criminals, I'd probably go for 2 guns. A high capacity semi auto AND a revolver for those longer shots. But that isn't private citizen self defense. There are situations where the revolver is better for self defense. If you are attacked while in bed or grabbed, you can press the barrel of a revolver right into the bad guys gut and fire. Most semi autos go out of battery and won't fire if you do that. And this is probably the scenario most women are most thinking of. Which is best depends upon the scenario. Obviously for standing off an army, high capacity is major. Also relevant is whether the gun is for self defense only, or must also be accurate enough for hunting, predator control, etc. My self defense gun is lots more likely to be needed to remove a would be poultry predator or garden grabbing gopher than to fight off a whole army. So to me, being able to hit accurately at a distance matters. And I can only do that using the SA mode on a really good revolver.

So are you all going to train to take on subjects armed with semi autos that can do that one second reload while it takes you six seconds to reload? Sounds like two gun time gents, fastest reload is another gun.:D Now for the search for that perfect two gun rig to carry concealed. 12 shots with 2 guns and your opponent has 30 so not only should you train hard but be accurate under fire because when you run out of bullets...
:eek:
In a fire fight, accuracy counts WAY more than rounds per second.

In a fire fight, accuracy counts WAY more than rounds per second.
2Fs2.quickmeme.com%2Fimg%2Fda%2Fda528906ccad6cc6eea6dbb3fb5bf17cc357869a1758ac048831e0e016d8b38f.jpg Sorry couldn't resist.

More people were killed during the civil war than all other American conflicts combined.......all with black powder muzzle loaders (well 99.9 %) underestimating there leathality could be a life altering experience.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top